July 28, 2014 | 1795 users online

Hair Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Cosmetics4Ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the shampoo and conditioner at shoppers. I wouldn't repurchase it at shoppers only because each were 20 dollars , a little pricy if you ask me. However I liked the results. I used my own loreal an Aussie stuff for curls afterwards but my hair felt nice. I have a lot of hair lol, it's wavy- curly and full of volume. I want it sometimes to be a little less frizzy and a little more smooth in terms of frizz so I tried this. The shampoo was nice , it reminded me a bit of tresemme keratin smooth line. It was a silky feeling which was nice. The conditioner was normal, and I agree it was a little weird washing it off like got a little rough and squeaky washing it off with my fingers but when I got out and dried my hair my hair looked more vibrant . I have natural hair colour. It looked nice and more smooth:D but I won't repurchase it because of price. Lol I wash my hair daily soo thats why I couldn't be able to afford it weekly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Four years ago, I had the worst hair of my life. It had been dyed too dark, and I had attempted to correct the problem first with two jars of ColorOops (didn't work) and then two bottles of bleach -- and then dyed it again, to cover up the patches. You can imagine the state of things after that. Ah, the mistakes of youth.

In desperation, I bought a gigantic bottle of Silk Therapy from a shady beauty site for $25. It did the job and made my hair look and feel okay again -- but it also seemed to make it drier, on the whole, when the product wasn't on. Still, at the time it felt like a lifesaver.

The last remains of my bleached hair have been chopped off for about a year now, and I have to say I have little to no use for this product anymore. I only use it when I'm blow-drying or straightening, which isn't too often. Now that I don't constantly depend on it as my style crutch, I'm less impressed with Silk Therapy. It weighs healthy hair down, and doesn't really seem to do much of anything -- unless you apply too much, in which case it will look greasy. I like the idea of an all-in-one heat protectant/smoothing serum, but I also don't need the latter anymore, so it seems a bit unnecessary now.

I can't really complain about the price because even if I hadn't gotten a hell of a deal online, my bottle did last for over three years of daily use and an additional year+ of sporadic use -- that's more than fair for the everyday retail price of $50, in my book. You only need a teeny tiny drop, so it evens out over time.

Bottom line: If you have really damaged hair, this is a great product that will make it manageable and keep it looking good -- temporarily. But if your hair is healthy, save yourself some money and don't bother -- it probably won't do much for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I had bought this product to see what all the hype was about. At the time, I had finished my bottle of chi silk infusion. After several applications, I realized that this was not all its racked up to be. If I hadn't tried Chi Silk Infusion first, I would be another rave review. But now, I think that this product is way more expensive and produces worst results than Chi.

On top of being more expensive, the formula is not as thick as Chi silk infusion. Thus, you end up using more at once.

So overall, Chi Silk Infusion>Biosilk

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by countdrunkula

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's nice but the product comes out of the bottle too quickly and makes it difficult to find the exact amount needed or else my hair looks greasy. Not worth the hassle and price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by HairWaves

I have been using this product for several years and I love it. Its great for making hair shiny and defining any styling you have done. I also use it in my naturally wavy hair to keep it from getting frizzy while drying. It is on the pricy side but it definitely works.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Soravanilla

This is a great product. I love this stuff, it make your hair shiny and pretty. But if you apply too much, you hair will look very oily and dirty. I use a bit less than a dime size. The price is -__-, but I got it off amazon for $32 when the seller promote a sell. Love this stuff, definitely repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by shannonannagins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've used this stuff on and off for about fifteen years. Overall, I love it. The only downside is the addition of SD alcohol, but that's also what makes it dry quickly and not weigh your hair down.

The scent is very clean and light. I use it on my dry hair to tame frizzies and the scent linger in my hair faintly most of the day. It does what a serum should, providing shine and softness.

It is too expensive, considering how many other products there are out there now that are similar to this. When I first started using this, there weren't many serums on the market, so the price made more sense. But now, every drugstore brand has a serum, so there's more competition. I do feel it should be a bit less expensive. That said, it lasts me about two years, and my hair is mid back length.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always saw people raving about this and I looked at the price and immediately didnt care for it. The price is outrageous! I was extremely skeptical and I thought it was overhyped and a waste of money to purchase. My aunt recently gifted it to me and so it was perfect, I would get to try it out and not spend a penny! I tried it out still skeptical and it is AMAZING! It is worth every penny. All the hype is because it is perfect and nothing short of amazing. It does exactly what it says, it makes my hair soft and beautiful looking. All the other Biosilk products are good too. I HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND this product to everyone! Every since I got this product I havent looked back since and will be repurchasing over and over again. Dont walk to get this product RUN!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by momo87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this stuff is amazing! my hair feels like its been freshly cut each time I use it! after straightening my hair is feels super smooth.. the straightener just glides over my hair too!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkieneedsherfix

A great product if you flat iron your hair a lot. Works well as a smoother when applied to wet hair before styling, and also as a finished. Nice salon smell as well.