November 23, 2014 | 1123 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in High Tea

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by biliboong

When I read reviews, I was really excited to get this, but I didn't expect it to be so ... sheer. So yeah, not my favourite. So I have mine up for swap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by LauraJean396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! It gives me a sheer nude color and I think it goes with EVERYTHING! Probably my new favorite!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite lipsticks from MAC. High Tea has this beautiful frosty tan nude color that has some bits of silvery undertones. For the most part, it doesnt look like I have anything on, its a very subtle color (but not overly subtle). It's not a nasty nude that will make you look dead either. It's sheer, but the color is very buildable. This is an everyday nude lipstick for me. I think most people can pull the color of the lipstick off. You can wear this lipstick with any look (whether dramatic smokey eye or neturals). I hope it stays.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by nicnackk

High Tea, to me, is unlike any other nude. I am really not a fan of extremely fleshy color nude lipsticks so when I found this I was really pleased. W.o a tan I'm around NC 20 and it doesn't wash me out at all. Its a nice beige-y, bronze color with some pearl. It is a lustre so its pretty sheer but when applied to the lips it gives them a nice golden sheen.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Louzee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I only own three MAC lipsticks and I bought all of them from allcosmeticswholesale.com (not affiliated) at $12.99 each plus S&H. Had I known MAC lippies were $14 each, I would have just purchased them all locally, but I didn't. I thought I was getting a deal buying them from the site, but whatevs. High Tea is deceiving on the tube. It looks like it's going to frost your lips, but it doesn't. It's basically a sheer champagne-y nude, in my opinion. I'm an NC 37-40 and it looks like nothing on my lips which I'm sure is silly once you really think about it. I like it though and I especially like the cakey/vanilla scent inherent in MAC lippies. Smells alot like Palladio lipsticks (available at Sally Beauty Supply and Ulta). $14 is a bit pricey for me because I find that I need to reapply this lipstick often. I like that it glides very easy and feels moisturizing on the lips, but I doubt I will repurchase this lipstick any time soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by OliveButtercup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite MAC lipstick and the only one I've ever used an entire tube of and had to repurchase. It's the perfect color for girls who are a little tan. I love love love this color. It's kind of like a nude but better, plus it's shimmery.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by sunnygator007

Wonderful nude color without looking washed out. I layer a very light coral/nude gloss over this and voila! I normally gravitate towards pink bases glosses and lipsticks, but I've recently learned to do the smokey eye so nude lips are better for that. I'm very happy with this color and will def be purchasing once this one runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by sugamonkey

Beautiful nude/pink color w/slight shimmer (Asian w/yellow undertones-NC30). Got Patisserie first but it washed me out cuz too gold so I got High Tea instead cuz more pink. I wear w/ MAC Suculture liner to give it a bit more color so I don't risk looking washed out. Looks fab with a bronzey smokey eye.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the previous reviewer.. this is a sandy pink with bronzey/beige mix.. I don't feel it is a shimmer or overlay -- it seems part of the lippie.

which is good.. it is a lovely color and will work well on most skins, imo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

I was looking for a nude lipstick and found this one. I really like it I think its perfect...not too light. I would say its a sandy color with a touch of pink.