July 22, 2014 | 2251 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Unstoppable Mascara [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2008 12:43:00 AM More reviews by truallie26

Pros: dark, brush is awesome, packaging is sleek and seals up tightly, formula is not too dry nor too wet (at least when you first open it up)

Cons: takes curl out of lashes, slightly clumpy (especially on lower lashes), makes my lashes a bit sticky, have to "work with" the mascara no matter if you are going for one coat or building several coats.

Like I said in a recent post, I am wondering if I should quit trying to find my HG mascara within the Maybelline family. Just because they have like 15 formulas (not to mention all the waterproof and curved brush options) and they are generally cheap, doesn't mean I HAVE to like them. My closest favorite is Colossal though, in Glam Black. Maybe I should do what some of you lovelies do and switch up my brushes/formulas and make a frankenmascara! Sounds fun right? Any recommendations?

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Staceylicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is one of the worst mascaras i have ever used. i used to think the wet and wild mascara was the worst but after i used this, i changed my mind. this mascara makes my eyelashes clump like no other. they don't give my eyelashes much curl...it's just gross and clumpy looking. Plus, it made my eyelashes fall out and i would get eyelashes in my eyes because of this mascara...no other mascara has ever done this to me besides the wet and wild.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2008 6:03:00 AM More reviews by parfait25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this mascara works pretty good for me... it's light-weight, not too thick and gives me a good length.. good for a day time makeup... plus it's smudge proof, it stays all day--- it clumps, though, when you pile too much (not good for those who use false eyelashes) but then i learned how to avoid clumps when applying this product... guess maybelline got the best mascara for everyone, they have wide variety to choose from whatever suits you and plus it's basically cheap... i personally really don't spend much for a mascara since you have to replace it after 3-4 months---

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2008 3:03:00 AM More reviews by soonergal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Still my HG mascara after many years. And I've tried them all, from high-end department store to cheap drug store mascaras. But everytime I try the latest and greatest, I always go back to this one. Don't understand the bad reviews. Stays on and doesn't smudge. Little fibers give great length, which is great for me as my lashes are short and straight. I only use a tube for about one or two months at the most as it does seem to not last long, but that's okay as I prefer to use new often for hygiene reasons. And it is so cheap it's easy to afford to do that. Buy it when Ulta, Walgreens or CVS have a BOGO free deal. Combined with Maybelline coupons or Ulta's $3.50 off coupon, it's easy to stock up and use a new tube every month or so. I probably have a dozen or more stored away. Hope it's never discontinued. Edit: February 2009--could not find this in stock at Ulta, when I inquired I was told it has been discontinued. Boo hoo! I don't know what will be my HG mascara now. Thank goodness I have quite a few stocked up.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by ta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS MASCARA IS THE BEST!
    My eyelashes naturally curl up so its always been hard for me to use mascaras because they make my eyeslashes curl even more like crab legs, I always find myself back brushing my eyelashes in an attempt to uncurl them which makes applying mascara a horribly messy ordeal.
    Years ago when searching for a new mascara I visited the Maybelline website which puts its mascara's in catergories of 'length' 'volume' 'volume and curl' etc. Unstoppable came under length so I tried it out. It really works wonders for someone like me who already has natural volume and curl to my eyelashes because it stretches out and uncurls my lashes, it also adds tiny black microfibres to the ends of your lashes to make them longer and fluttery.
    I'm annoyed that this mascara has been discontinued in the UK so I've just recently bought a bunch on ebay, I think i'll by using this mascara for the rest of my life!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2008 1:43:00 AM More reviews by lychi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This one is very light weighted, won't feel heavy at all. It gives volume of lashes and blackness. It won't smear neither even though it's not a waterproof one. I like it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by shantic

I love lashes. Generally, I'll only consider mascaras that seriously pump up the drama. I was shopping a few days back and came across a sale. Maybelline products were going for almost nothing. I couldn't resist the prices and so bought a few tubes of mascara. This was one of them.

It's fine. Really, really natural day mascara. Lengthens lashes alright, I suppose. Was slightly disappointed. I expected more but if you're into the whole fresh-faced, barely-there makeup, you could try this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

I usually like Maybelline mascaras. Full and Soft is seriously one of my favs for a natural, my lashes but better look, but it dries out pretty quickly, like within a month, and I always love to try something new. My lashes have a moderate length and are a little on the sparse side and are blonde, so invisible without something. NYC Lengthening mascara would be HG for the natural look if it didn't smudge so badly :( A HG natural look mascara for me cannot smudge or flake noticably before noon, covers all my lashes without clumping, makes my lashes look better, but still like mine from a not-to-far distance, and is available in brown or black-brown.

Pros: Doesn't smudge (does flake a little, but it isn't noticable if you don't stare at me). Available in black-brown.

Cons: Most clumpy masacara I've ever tried. I used it and literally had like 6 lashes until I managed to mostly unclump them with a lash comb. I did remove the excess with a tissue before applying, but it did no good. Thankfully this was a bofof, so I didn't pay full price for it. I've tried plenty of mascaras (Volume Exact, Lash Blast, Colossal, any of the crappy L'Oreals, and inumerable others whose names escape me at the moment) and this is the worst mascara for me.

Hate, hate, hate it. I did give it 2 stars because while I hated the clumpiness and it took forever to comb through it but it also didn't smudge and most mascaras smudge by the end of work for me

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2008 8:03:00 PM More reviews by fancylady103

This is my favorite mascara for an everyday look. I always go back to buying it because it never smudges and most importantly never flakes. It also holds a good curl to my lashes. It will not give you a dramatic look but perfect for daytime.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2008 10:00:00 PM More reviews by tanyaw168

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For me, this is a "why bother" product.
    Is it awful? No.
    Is it worth using? No.
    This mascara has some lengthening properties and no thickening properties. It gave me a spidery look to my lashes.
    Overall, it wasn't terrible, but there is tons of way better products out there for cheaper.