December 22, 2014 | 1778 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - First Base Eyeshadow Primer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2005 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Rascal

This was a mess. First off I didn't care for the gold sparkle. Second, it changed the color of the eyeshadow I layered over it. I want a eyeshadow base that will intensify the color not change it! Third it creased 30mins later, a record! I don't have extremely oily eyelids so I was surprised by the creasing. I've had great results with Benefit FYI, UD Potion Primer, Lancome Color Tubes (as a primer) and decent results with Pout creme shadows. With better options out there this one got tossed in the trash.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2005 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This looks really pretty and shimmery when first applied, however that's it. It creases like no tomorrow and I despise creases. Which is the whole reason I thought behind wearing e/s bases...so they don't crease.

Too bad because the colour is stunning.

I received this as a swap extra, so I am not sure how much it costs, but I won't repurchase and will probably give it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2005 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Scrangie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this base. I have every type of eyeshadow base, and this is the one I always come back to. If you apply it lightly it helps to pick up the pigment in your shadows and keeps them in place all day. It also has a subtle shimmer to it. I don't notice it adding much shimmer to my shadows, but sometimes in a hurry I wear this alone and it adds a nice sheen to my lids.
My only qualm about this product is the little compact is kinda hard to open... I always feel like I'm going to break it. It does a great job of keeping my shadows from creasing and fading and it keeps the colors true all day, so a minor packaging flaw is practically nothing. I have repurchased this already, and will continue to.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2005 2:01:00 PM More reviews by mewatt3087

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This base was really not for me. I liked it a lot when I bought it about a year ago but now it really isn't that great. It is shimmery first off so it changes the color of the eyeshadow I'm wearing. I don't like that. It has now started to crease a lot. I don't like that. I am currently looking for a new one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2005 5:53:00 PM More reviews by signsoflife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Once while at Sephora, actually looking for Urban Decay's Primer Potion (it has just come out and I've been on a 3+ year quest for an eyeshadow base that works for me), the SA suggested Too Faced's e/s primer since they were out of PP. That's what one of the SAs was wearing, and it seemed to work for her and she swore she had gone through tons of eyeshadow bases and stuck with this Too Faced one. So I decided, "why not?". But it didn't work--it creased terribly. Very, very terribly. Very gross. The packaging was problematic too--I have pretty short fingernails because I play piano and guitar, but I'd still often end up "scratching" the pot. Since then, I've discovered Lumene's eye shadow base. Of the ones I've tried, it's worked best and can be found at your local CVS (which is a bit more problematic in certain parts of the country, I know, because my closest one is actually somewhat far away) for about $10.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2005 7:03:00 PM More reviews by SmilezLie

I love this stuff. It was in a too faced gift set i bought. at first i was like "i dont need an eyeshadow base" but after i started using it i LOVED it. it makes all my eyeshadow colors stand out. it rarely creases. its the only thing that works on me. i get compliments all the time by MAC mas saying "i love the base you have on what is it?". yes it is shimmery, and if you dont like shimmer i would avoid this product. just put it on, let it dry for a minute and you are good to go.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2005 11:36:00 PM More reviews by fulfrmakeup

This is the worst e/s primer I've ever had the misfortune to try. I found it very difficult to apply since it was tugging at my eye and I could really do without the glitter as well!! Too expensive for such a useless product; I will not be buying this product again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2005 12:56:00 AM More reviews by MargaretD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The packaging is TERRIBLE! This product dries out within a few weeks. It's also pretty greasy (although the glitter is pretty). Don't bother wasting your money. Try UD Primer Potion or Benefit FY Eye instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2004 3:09:00 AM More reviews by katm11

I love this! It feels good on my eye lids and it makes e/s more intense and lasting and doesnt crease on me. Sometimes I even wear it alone and have gotten compliments. The more I use Too Faced the more I like it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2004 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Tamalicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ended up getting this for free from a lovely lady who didn't want it. She said that it was too creamy for her oily eyelids and didn't work at all as a primer. I tested it out one night to see how it last on me. Yes, it is a creamy texture, but I don't have super oily lids so it actually worked alright for adhereing my eyeshadows. But I did not love it for that reason. This stuff is soo cool and irridencesnty that it made my eyeshadows really *sparkle*. My matte white eyeshadow turned into a lovely shimmery highlighter and my other colors just popped with this underneath. I use a VERY little bit, and it hasn't even made a dent. I only wear this when I go out at night because it might be a little much for daytime looks but overall, I am very happy that I was able to get this little goody in my hands!