October 1, 2014 | 987 users online

Top/Base Coats - Nailtek - Foundation II - Ridge-filling

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by tigra1411

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchised this product in a set of NailTek transition kit II for soft peeling nails and it've done a miracle to my nails in 2 month. I had badly peeling nails since I was 10 years old.
I tried Sally Hansen (several products), Avon (something with diamond dust) an L'Oreal strenghening base coat, OPI Nail Envy for Soft, Peeling Nails, Lush Lemony Flutter hand/nail cream. I took various vitamins and several cources of Biotin for 3 month each.
I didn't use any nail polish for 6-10 monthes (since I thought it damages my nails)
But only Nail Tek Foundation II in combination with Intensive Therapy II as a top coat let me grow out nails already from the 1st week of applicaion. But I had to follow stricktly the recommendations and to reapply one coat of Intesive Therapy daily. Foundation II drys a bit too slow to my taste - about 30 minutes, but the result worth it!
It dries to milky-white matte smooth finish and can be worn just as a base coat under 2 coats of colored polish. But it is a big pain to dry those coats, especially if you use Intensive Therapy on the top which drying time is even worth.
I guess I'll come back to this treatment again in case OPI Nail Envy Maintenance which I'm using currently) will not suddenly work to keep my nails healthy.
Update 1,5 years later: it is still my HG product, I always return to it in combination with Foundation II. I tried to switch to Big3Free products like Nail Tek Citra II, Jessica Fusion base coat, Barielle Growth Activator For Natural Nails. But using each of them for 1-4 month only made me loose my strong beautiful and long nails. They peeled again. I'm going back to Nail Tek II! In combination with Foundation II and Foundation Xtra for the few most problem nails.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by mzcali4nia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this along with Xtra treatment and neither worked for me at all. It chipped more and more everytime I washed my hands, and adding more coats seemed to piss off my nails even more. This was not worth the money. I bought Sally Hansen Miracle Cure and it fixed my problems so much quicker for a fraction of the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is some good stuff. I have vertical ridges in my nails, and these show up very well when I use my wonderful holo polishes. Actually, I researched ridge fillers just because I wanted my holographic polishes to look perfect on me. I never used a ridge filler, and never thought base coats were worth the extra time. This stuff changed my mind. This fills ridges with ease, makes my polish last at least 2 days longer, and my nails are definitely stronger since I began using this 3 months ago. My polish doesn't chip or peel off with this under it, it just starts to wear down at the ends. This takes no time to dry, so the extra step doesn't bother me. I am so thankful for the reviews on this, I would have gone through 10 different failures before I would have noticed this on the shelf at the store. Thanks ladies!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!! It has allowed me to have ""longer and stronger"" nails than I have EVER had! I am in my 30s and have had THIN, SOFT, PEELY and dreadful BENDING NAILS MY WHOLE LIFE!(My Sissy's and Mom have wonderful thick and long nails, unfortunately not me!) :( grrr! THOUGH, NOW I DO on most nails! My nails on my left hand, has turned out awesome!! I have to file the nails regularly!!!:) YAY!!! But.... 3 on my right hand.. my pointer, middle and thumb will not come out of it. They do grow out a little then snap and my pointer has a natural bend on the left side of it. They are still somewhat a mess. Now, I know they are the hardest to grow.(whatever hand you use the most that is) So now I have bought and awaiting for some Nail Enxy Matte, which is good for a base coat vs. (the regular one, so I have read),(don't know if I can talk of other brands on here);) and I am excited to try it on those 3 nails. But, overall THIS STUFF HAS REALLY TRULY HELPED! I do love me some OPI polishes and this basecoat has allowed me to keep the polish on longer and help with strengthening! YAY! I use this first then 2-3 coats OPI color and finish with Poxhe or (Sexhe Vite though it tends to shrink the tips of my polish more than Poshe, so I only use it if I only want a one nighter color) top coats and my nails last a pretty good while( I never could keep color on longer than a day or two with generic polish and other basecoats) This product is soooo H.G. STATUS FOR ME! And I have used most all drugstore brands!.... P.S. Also, ONLY USE a GLASS FILE, instead of the cheap emery boards. Those tear your nails up and cause peeling.... as well as some cuticle oil and lotion with glycerin in it. So, to sum it up,this Nailtek foundation is H.G. for me! Try this regimen,you wont regret it!
UPDATE: This stuff did finally work on My pointer and middle fingers!! yay! They have grown out like the rest!!! YAY!! Though my thumb is still under construction! lol!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by sneakattack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried several ridge fillers but this is the best! Goes on slightly translucent white and dries to a matte white finish with a slightly rough texture. It really helps the polish grip the nail. I feel like my nails are more hydrated with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2009 9:53:00 AM More reviews by mary_ln

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff does exactly what it's supposed to do. If you have ridges in your nails - it will fill them - marvelously well, I might add! My nails have had vertical ridges throughout my entire life and this product delivers miraculous results. One coat gives them a nearly glass-like finish. I can wear it either alone (I like the matte finish) or as a base coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by thatwebsitegirl

Holy Cow!! This stuff is fantastic!!!! Granted, I just put it on for the first time, so I can't speak to color wear, but first impressions are WOW. I went through a couple years of eating badly and I developed horizontal lines on my thumb nails and index fingers. Not exactly ridges and I don't know the proper name for them. I started eating healthy a few months ago and the new growth looks better but still wavy nails from the poor nutrition, I think. Put 2 coats of this stuff on and -- smooth nails!! Almost artificial smooth!! I had considered artificial, but always hated the way they strip your nails down when they come off.... no more acrylics for me!!!! Will update if any negative polish wear, but based on the other reviews, I have probably found my HG!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by funnygirl131

I love this stuff!! It works wonders for damaged nails. I picked it up based on the reviews here. It does everything it says it will do. I think it adds layers to your nails to make it harder and stronger ,because when i stupidly decided to peel my nails as i do when i am nervous there were a few extra since i began using this.Ihope this makes sense:-)Its not expensive in fact i got the clear polish and this foundation for 10 bucks on ebay !

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by SoPolished

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

The only thing I dont like about this is how quickly it gets thick, but that is easily remedied with a little thinner :)

I always have both this and III on hand. I usually use Camo- but this is my HG back up.

I love that it is so inexpensive but works like a highend product, Id be willing to pay alot more than I do for it- because it is such a great, effective product.

It really does what it says- fills ridges, strengthens and I do not get discoloration when using this- even with my darkest polishes.

Highly reccommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 11:21:00 AM More reviews by RtiQlitQT

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with all the rave reviews. Nailtek II Foundation is one of the best basecoats and is also a nail strengthener, all-in-one. However, it does not double well as a YNBB nail color like Barielle Natural Nail Camouflage does, but that doesn't bother me in the least. I also concur that it dries very quickly, to a matte finish. As with all polish-type products, I wish that it came with a choice of brush and a rubberized cap, but this is a minor pipe dream of mine...lol. Love it!