August 22, 2014 | 1623 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Cristalle

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 1:57:00 PM More reviews by ljlw0629

As far as being an unfriendly, unapproachable fragrance - hmmmm, for me, Cristalle is just the opposite. Cool, yes; but still a sunny fragrance that makes me feel good. Would I wear it on a date? You bet, since Cristalle could be just right in a variety of settings. And on a first date, it should not make a "don't-like-strong-perfume" man recoil. In fact, I have had both men and women standing close to me, very close to me, tell me "you smell good". Most of all, I wear Cristalle for ME! It is one of my favorites and I will always have a bottle on hand. I must add that I also adore No. 19 and wear it frequently.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Mazenderan

Chanel Cristalle is a gorgeous, crisp scent in a class of its own. It smells quite green to me, but with a citrus edge. Had I the money, I would reek of it every day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Dagney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This fragrance does not work with my body chemistry. It's absolutely revolting on me for the first 2 hours. After a couple of hours it turns into an okay citrus but I've smelled other citrus fragrances that are so much better. This review is for the EDP.
Edit April 29, 2009: Tried the EDT and is nicer than the EDP. EDT is a lemony citrus chypre. Still, I find the fragrance to be quite sour on my skin. No sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2008 2:51:00 PM More reviews by siobhan5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very nice scent and actually the only Chanel scent I like at all. I hate No. 5 and most of the others, but this one is different. For me it smells like fresh snow and it is definitely a winter scent. It is quite elegant and subtle - nice for an evening out. I don't wear it every day but I like it a lot for special occasions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by JanM

I wore this day in day out between the ages of 25 and 30, it was my scent and I loved it until my sister decided that she liked it too and as she had more money and no dependents she was able to literally bathe in it (bitter moi?).
In the haze of nappies and school runs I had no time for a hairbrush let alone perfume and when I considered perfumes again (ie recently!) Cristalle just wasn't on my radar.
In a blast of nostaglia I went for a spritz and for the first 30 secs I was in heaven, it was just as cool crisp and clear as I remembered (but with that extra special something which makes it Chanel, for yes I am a perfume snob) and then something horrible happened and I got immac....yes that creamy stuff you put on your legs when you don't want them to be hairy until you realise that shaving is cheaper and a lot less smelly and messy.
However that was the EDP.
The EDT for me is the original of some 20 years ago, it does not change or dry down on me it remains fresh and true to itself from the first spritz to the end of the day shower.
For me it smells like rain on flowers.........my DH hates it, but then I have been shoving my wrist under his nose for the past 2 weeks, saying "what about this one". Conclusion - buy scent for yourself and yourself only.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by madamemaquillage

I agree with the "musty" comments ... this smells fresh for about 5 mins and then dries down to a generic department-store-scent muskiness. At least it isn't headache-inducing like many department store scents. Still, I say spend a little extra money on something more exciting and original!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 9:04:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I totally agree with Sherrie09 with her review about this perfume! She's described it very well and exactly! Thanks Sherrie09. In all, I would have to say that at first I don't like it but after the dry-down, it smells beautiful. It's a more confident 'n' powerful feeling perfume (like someone else had mentioned). Like all my other Chanel perfumes, I love this one too. All Chanel perfumes are my HG fragrances!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2008 5:05:00 AM More reviews by caradiangela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not my type of fragrance. Very strong, tart, green and earthy. While I totally disliked it the first hour or so, it settled into a softer, somewhat warmer blend thereafter, which I could stand better on myself. I think this is a great, complicated and deep scent for confident power-women, which just isn't me :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2008 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Mavilu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hahaha, Silvestris, I swear next time I'll go to the supermarket, I'll smell the bok choi and see if I agree!.

Actually, I'm glad some of us are being able to identify what Cristalle smells like, because I sure can't.
A few years ago, I was given a fragance strip with Cristalle in it and I fell in love with it; it smelled like jazmin and summer nights to me.
This summer I decided to get a bottle and, I could swear it's a different fragance altogether; maybe they changed the formulation?.

This fragrance isn't floral, green, oriental or water, therefore I couldn't say if it is a summer or a winter fragance, or even if I like it or I hate it.

Should I compare it to another Chanel fragance, I would say that this is no.19's sister fragance, although this one is much sweeter and stronger and...undefined.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by silvestris

The top notes were wonderfully sparking but lasted for maybe 10 seconds. After that, it smelled sort of old and musty...I guess that must be the vetiver and oakmoss? It does smell green, but a very old green, like old dried vegetables.

Edit: after reading the notes, I'm even more confused. This fragrance is supposed to have citrus and white florals in it, but it doesn't smell sweet or floral at all--just green. At its best, it's like freshly cut bok choy.

Edit again: I must've had some bad testers. I tried it again with a different tester and now the white florals and melon register. I wouldn't call it crisp and sparkling, but it's definitely light. The white florals are sheer, and Cristalle has something dewy from the melon, which is just the right sweetness and ripeness. The oakmoss comes and goes, but it adds a little sharp edge to make things interesting. I have a half ounce of this now and I'm very happy.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No