April 19, 2014 | 1584 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Cristalle

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by madamemaquillage

I agree with the "musty" comments ... this smells fresh for about 5 mins and then dries down to a generic department-store-scent muskiness. At least it isn't headache-inducing like many department store scents. Still, I say spend a little extra money on something more exciting and original!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 9:04:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I totally agree with Sherrie09 with her review about this perfume! She's described it very well and exactly! Thanks Sherrie09. In all, I would have to say that at first I don't like it but after the dry-down, it smells beautiful. It's a more confident 'n' powerful feeling perfume (like someone else had mentioned). Like all my other Chanel perfumes, I love this one too. All Chanel perfumes are my HG fragrances!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2008 5:05:00 AM More reviews by caradiangela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not my type of fragrance. Very strong, tart, green and earthy. While I totally disliked it the first hour or so, it settled into a softer, somewhat warmer blend thereafter, which I could stand better on myself. I think this is a great, complicated and deep scent for confident power-women, which just isn't me :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2008 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Mavilu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hahaha, Silvestris, I swear next time I'll go to the supermarket, I'll smell the bok choi and see if I agree!.

Actually, I'm glad some of us are being able to identify what Cristalle smells like, because I sure can't.
A few years ago, I was given a fragance strip with Cristalle in it and I fell in love with it; it smelled like jazmin and summer nights to me.
This summer I decided to get a bottle and, I could swear it's a different fragance altogether; maybe they changed the formulation?.

This fragrance isn't floral, green, oriental or water, therefore I couldn't say if it is a summer or a winter fragance, or even if I like it or I hate it.

Should I compare it to another Chanel fragance, I would say that this is no.19's sister fragance, although this one is much sweeter and stronger and...undefined.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by silvestris

The top notes were wonderfully sparking but lasted for maybe 10 seconds. After that, it smelled sort of old and musty...I guess that must be the vetiver and oakmoss? It does smell green, but a very old green, like old dried vegetables.

Edit: after reading the notes, I'm even more confused. This fragrance is supposed to have citrus and white florals in it, but it doesn't smell sweet or floral at all--just green. At its best, it's like freshly cut bok choy.

Edit again: I must've had some bad testers. I tried it again with a different tester and now the white florals and melon register. I wouldn't call it crisp and sparkling, but it's definitely light. The white florals are sheer, and Cristalle has something dewy from the melon, which is just the right sweetness and ripeness. The oakmoss comes and goes, but it adds a little sharp edge to make things interesting. I have a half ounce of this now and I'm very happy.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 4:57:00 PM More reviews by sherrie09

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Many years ago I wore Cristalle edt, so I was interested in trying the edp when a friend said she would forward a sample. I do see the difference between them. The edt, as I recall, had a more metallic(?) feel to it, was a bit drier and more herbal. The edp is more floral and reminds me a little of Diorella, though that one is peachy, and Cristalle edp is not fruity but for the lemon. Both have citrus, florals and vetiver, however, which is a lovely combination. Cristalle edp doesn't last very long on my skin, unfortunately, though I could splash it on with abandon like an eau de cologne (if it came in a splash bottle) - the perfect summer refresher, but I would wear it year round. Perhaps a body lotion underneath would give it more longevity. I will definitely purchase a full bottle sometime in the future. A timeless classic, this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2008 12:13:00 PM More reviews by indysmom

While I like to collect and sample fragrances and have a ton of them, this is one of the few that I consistently love. I also like Narciso Rodriguez Her and Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien ... but this has a bit more of a floral undertone than the Hadrien. It goes on fresh and a bit green but then it dries down to this light, floral with a little something extra. I have actually used up bottles of this which I have never done with any other fragrance. And when the euro was not as strong, I would treat myself to a bottle in duty free on visits. Bottle looks gorgeous in the typical Chanel way but my most recent bottle had the spritzer fall apart on me and on another bottle, I had the silver band detach fm the black plastic of the cap. Don't know if that is a design flaw.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2008 10:36:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

OH, this is one of my favourite frags for spring – summer…
Sooo fresh! So distinctive! So elegant!
It reminds me of a early morning summer walk in a Sicilian garden, full of blossoming trees and white flowers, with fresh laundry hanging from the lines…
There is plenty of fresh, citrusy notes but also a white floral part, that lingers around and truly stays with you all day long.
An hymn to a classic, elegant, understated, young femininity.
A perfume I would recommend to every young woman!
Definitely a must!

Base notes
Oakmoss, Vetiver

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

I desperately wanted to like this, for the description on the Chanel website seemed to beckon for me...."Fresh, floral. A melody of Citrus, Honeysuckle and Hyacinth notes.... CRISTALLE launches with sparkling Lemon from Sicily meeting the green and flowery notes of Water Hyacinth and Honeysuckle, followed by the woody charm of Vetiver." Wow... sounded perfect for me... Well, maybe the beckoning was a hand motion telling me to "keep it moving" (like a policeman's hand signal)... Cristalle manifests with way too much vetiver for my taste. I got none of the beautfiul citrus and only a glimpse of the honeysuckle. However, it is a very well made composition, so for that I will give it 3 lippies...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by sarakat

This review is for the EDT. This is actually the first Chanel that I can wear, as the others I tend to find overbearing. It's a very light, refreshing scent. If you don't have a sensitive nose, you might miss a lot that it has going on, also. To me, it starts out with a smidge of citrus and then becomes a gorgeous dry green. If I didn't know better, I would think this had orris in it--perhaps it's vetiver that lends it dryness. There is no sourness, no sharpness to me--it's well balanced and overall, wholly pleasant.