Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

water, decyl cocoate, glycerin, sunflower seed oil, beeswax, fragrance*, shea butter, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate citrate, polyglyceryl-3 stearate, coconut oil, olive fruit oil, grape seed oil, nonfat dry milk, milk powder, honey, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol, beta-carotene, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, soybean oil, canola oil, lactic acid, citric acid, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium benzoate, magnesium aluminum silicate, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl cinnamate, citral, coumarin, limonene. *natural fragrance

Okay, the smell is strong and maybe not for everyone. But I kinda like it. The fragrance is hard to describe. Definitely sweet. You should check it out before buying.
The lotion itself is a good moisturizer. Leaves my skin very smooth and feeling great!
I will buy this again because I like the smell and my skin feels nice and moisturized.

on 3/10/2011 11:08:00 AM

This stuff brings back memories. It reminds me of Bonnaroo, my best friend and roommate from college, the summer before I started college. This fragrance is just glorious, like fresh milk and honey, the consistency is a little sticky, which I don't mind. I love this lotion. I usually buy mine at Whole Foods. It's just a very pleasant smell, and it will make your arms so soft.

on 3/8/2011 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

i have no clue what some of these weirdos are talking about with the scent lol. It smells FINE. A public bathroom? C'mon ppl, a little dramatic, wouldn't u say? This lotion is thicker than the original, which is better and it smells good. Love, Love Burt's Bees products. Would def repurchase.

on 3/8/2011 12:12:00 AM

I liked the smell; it was a mildly sweet scent with a hint of citrus. However, the consistency was too runny and it wasn't as moisturizing as I would have liked, unlike the Honey and Shea body butter, which I love.

on 2/22/2011 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this out in-store and i loooved the scent and texture. the milky honey smell may be a bit too sweet for some people, but what i like is that it really smells like NATURAL milk and honey. after a while the smell softens on the skin but never completely disappears, which i love. the texture is very rich, more like a cream than a lotion, but without the stickiness or residue of a cream. love it! price is a bit steep for a small 6 oz. tube though, which is why it doesn't get 5 stars.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I got this in an Essential Body Kit. It smells horrible! Very rarely does something smell so utterly disgusting that I feel compelled to wash it off and drown my arms in something that actually smells good but this was one of those situations. I didn't have it on long enough to see if it hydrated my skin or not. I gave it a second chance and received the same results. I finally gave it to my mom. So thankful that I didn't pay full price.

on 2/16/2011 11:37:00 PM

A fantastic product. It is absorbed well into the skin and makes it very soft. The scent is divine and well worth the higher than average price tag.

on 1/11/2011 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Another Burt's Bees product which I really wanted to like. This was a gift.

Sadly I just cannot get past the strong and sickly scent, which is predominantly coconut, with a weirdly spicy peppermint layer on top. Very strong, very long-lasting, very not me.

Shame really as the effect of the lotion is smoothing and skin feels moisturised. I thought about just using this up at night as a foot cream, covering immediately with bed socks, but I can't, my dislike of this smell has become a real aversion.

I am disappointed with several of the brand's items because of aroma. I just find Burt's Bees' products too highly and too sweetly scented for my tastes. They use 'fragrance' too - one little word which covers a multitude of unknowable sins. This really lets them down I think.

As for this lotion - not recommended at all, unless you want to smell like a cake shop.

on 1/4/2011 12:44:00 AM

This is one of my absolute favorite lotions. It is a runny (thin) lotion that absorbs quickly and doesn't leave a film or tacky residue. The smell is amazing, although I have a few friends who hate it (definitely smell it before you purchase! But on a side note I have never come across a sour bottle). The smell is hard to describe but very yummy and lingers on the skin which I love. It reminds me of camping because the first time I used it was on a camping trip.

Burts Bees is high quality stuff compared to most drugstore stuff.

The cap sometimes gets clogged but that's nothing a little hot water won't fix. I wish it came in a pump style- its just easier to use that way.

on 12/16/2010 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This lotion delivers good hydration, although the smell reminds me of a public bathroom. The formula is wonderful though, it's like water for the skin and it just soaks it up without being greasy at all. Moisture lasts until your next shower!