January 30, 2015 | 2000 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by moggi

I liked the smell; it was a mildly sweet scent with a hint of citrus. However, the consistency was too runny and it wasn't as moisturizing as I would have liked, unlike the Honey and Shea body butter, which I love.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Marcela213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this out in-store and i loooved the scent and texture. the milky honey smell may be a bit too sweet for some people, but what i like is that it really smells like NATURAL milk and honey. after a while the smell softens on the skin but never completely disappears, which i love. the texture is very rich, more like a cream than a lotion, but without the stickiness or residue of a cream. love it! price is a bit steep for a small 6 oz. tube though, which is why it doesn't get 5 stars.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Lotionaddict69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

I got this in an Essential Body Kit. It smells horrible! Very rarely does something smell so utterly disgusting that I feel compelled to wash it off and drown my arms in something that actually smells good but this was one of those situations. I didn't have it on long enough to see if it hydrated my skin or not. I gave it a second chance and received the same results. I finally gave it to my mom. So thankful that I didn't pay full price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by clarkesac1985

A fantastic product. It is absorbed well into the skin and makes it very soft. The scent is divine and well worth the higher than average price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by ShailahJade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this lotion! I love honey, so the light honey scent was very appealing to me. The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because my legs could still be a little more moisturized.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2011 8:48:00 AM More reviews by babalou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Another Burt's Bees product which I really wanted to like. This was a gift.

Sadly I just cannot get past the strong and sickly scent, which is predominantly coconut, with a weirdly spicy peppermint layer on top. Very strong, very long-lasting, very not me.

Shame really as the effect of the lotion is smoothing and skin feels moisturised. I thought about just using this up at night as a foot cream, covering immediately with bed socks, but I can't, my dislike of this smell has become a real aversion.

I am disappointed with several of the brand's items because of aroma. I just find Burt's Bees' products too highly and too sweetly scented for my tastes. They use 'fragrance' too - one little word which covers a multitude of unknowable sins. This really lets them down I think.

As for this lotion - not recommended at all, unless you want to smell like a cake shop.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by MaiTaiMi

This is one of my absolute favorite lotions. It is a runny (thin) lotion that absorbs quickly and doesn't leave a film or tacky residue. The smell is amazing, although I have a few friends who hate it (definitely smell it before you purchase! But on a side note I have never come across a sour bottle). The smell is hard to describe but very yummy and lingers on the skin which I love. It reminds me of camping because the first time I used it was on a camping trip.

Burts Bees is high quality stuff compared to most drugstore stuff.

The cap sometimes gets clogged but that's nothing a little hot water won't fix. I wish it came in a pump style- its just easier to use that way.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This lotion delivers good hydration, although the smell reminds me of a public bathroom. The formula is wonderful though, it's like water for the skin and it just soaks it up without being greasy at all. Moisture lasts until your next shower!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by aprettypetal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The smell of this is intoxicating, just way too strong. It has this really sweet smell to it, that I think if were toned down a lot would be okay. Right now it just smells like artificial coconut cake and chemicals. And I can smell it really strong after applying it on my arm. This also does a so-so job at moisturizing, and I think it is to do with the thin, runny texture of the lotion. Overall, I'm not pleased with it - it smells rancid/does not moisturize well. I'm glad I only have the mini version I got in the Burt's Essential Body Kit.

EDIT: Okay I'm bumping this up to 3/5 instead of 1/5. The smell isn't so bad/fades after a while, and it certainly smells better than the radiance body lotion that I tried recently. However, I don't think I will repurchase, since there's better lotions out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is for the new version the tube. I have had the bottle version and LOVED it, the smell was awesome. BUT! I bought the new version yesterday and ye gods! It smells so disgusting. When I sniffed it in the bottle it was ok but on me it's a disgusting fakey sweet smell. I thought it had gone rancid or something.

Smell aside, its very moisturizing. I will buy again but not in this scent. I think probably unscented, although the aloe one might be good too. I wish I hadn't thrown away my receipt, I'd exchange it for one of those. Thankfully, the smell does fade.

ETA: I was going to return this until I read the reviews for the other "scents" and read they stink too. So I kept using it, because it is moisturizing, and I'm used to the smell now. So if you keep using it, it probably won't bother you anymore. I'm pretty sensitive to smell. I don't know if I would buy again though.