November 28, 2014 | 2048 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by ShailahJade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this lotion! I love honey, so the light honey scent was very appealing to me. The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because my legs could still be a little more moisturized.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2011 8:48:00 AM More reviews by babalou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Another Burt's Bees product which I really wanted to like. This was a gift.

Sadly I just cannot get past the strong and sickly scent, which is predominantly coconut, with a weirdly spicy peppermint layer on top. Very strong, very long-lasting, very not me.

Shame really as the effect of the lotion is smoothing and skin feels moisturised. I thought about just using this up at night as a foot cream, covering immediately with bed socks, but I can't, my dislike of this smell has become a real aversion.

I am disappointed with several of the brand's items because of aroma. I just find Burt's Bees' products too highly and too sweetly scented for my tastes. They use 'fragrance' too - one little word which covers a multitude of unknowable sins. This really lets them down I think.

As for this lotion - not recommended at all, unless you want to smell like a cake shop.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by MaiTaiMi

This is one of my absolute favorite lotions. It is a runny (thin) lotion that absorbs quickly and doesn't leave a film or tacky residue. The smell is amazing, although I have a few friends who hate it (definitely smell it before you purchase! But on a side note I have never come across a sour bottle). The smell is hard to describe but very yummy and lingers on the skin which I love. It reminds me of camping because the first time I used it was on a camping trip.

Burts Bees is high quality stuff compared to most drugstore stuff.

The cap sometimes gets clogged but that's nothing a little hot water won't fix. I wish it came in a pump style- its just easier to use that way.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This lotion delivers good hydration, although the smell reminds me of a public bathroom. The formula is wonderful though, it's like water for the skin and it just soaks it up without being greasy at all. Moisture lasts until your next shower!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by aprettypetal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The smell of this is intoxicating, just way too strong. It has this really sweet smell to it, that I think if were toned down a lot would be okay. Right now it just smells like artificial coconut cake and chemicals. And I can smell it really strong after applying it on my arm. This also does a so-so job at moisturizing, and I think it is to do with the thin, runny texture of the lotion. Overall, I'm not pleased with it - it smells rancid/does not moisturize well. I'm glad I only have the mini version I got in the Burt's Essential Body Kit.

EDIT: Okay I'm bumping this up to 3/5 instead of 1/5. The smell isn't so bad/fades after a while, and it certainly smells better than the radiance body lotion that I tried recently. However, I don't think I will repurchase, since there's better lotions out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is for the new version the tube. I have had the bottle version and LOVED it, the smell was awesome. BUT! I bought the new version yesterday and ye gods! It smells so disgusting. When I sniffed it in the bottle it was ok but on me it's a disgusting fakey sweet smell. I thought it had gone rancid or something.

Smell aside, its very moisturizing. I will buy again but not in this scent. I think probably unscented, although the aloe one might be good too. I wish I hadn't thrown away my receipt, I'd exchange it for one of those. Thankfully, the smell does fade.

ETA: I was going to return this until I read the reviews for the other "scents" and read they stink too. So I kept using it, because it is moisturizing, and I'm used to the smell now. So if you keep using it, it probably won't bother you anymore. I'm pretty sensitive to smell. I don't know if I would buy again though.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by raspberrygalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This lotion smells terrible. It is really moisturizing, and it doesn't smell so bad in the tube, but as soon as I rubbed it into my hands I couldn't take the smell. I had to put a scented hand sanitizer on my hands to cover the reeking smell. But, on the bright side, the terrible stench of the lotion kept my hands away from my face, which I usually can't do. I will use it until it's gone, but I will not buy it again. Unless they change the formula so that the smell isn't so sickening.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by johnson81697

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this lotion! It absorbs quickly, goes on smoothly, moisturizes for a very long time! I never need to reapply, even on my very dry legs!! Yes this is now different than the original. The smell is a little different, but it is still wonderful. I found the original to be a little greasy, this one isn't! Plus, it is more natural than the original!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2010 1:07:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had to make a listing for this product because the one that is on here already is an older version. I have used it (the older one) and agree with the reviews that note that is it kind of runny and generally unimpressive. There is clearly a new version with a better formula, though, the one that says "naturally nourishing". It is thick and creamy rather than runny. The smell is pleasant and clean, a bit strong at first but fades quickly enough to a light, pleasant odor. Would repurchase. Love Burt's Bees!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 6:40:00 AM More reviews by DazyDoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My first bottle of this was wonderful and when i ran out, i missed everything about it. The scent was warm and comforting, the moisturising effect was better than anything i had ever used. Now, being prone to very dry patches on my arms, i was always looking for the HG body lotion. I have spent a fortune and well, not so much on many other products over the years and this fitted the bill in more ways than one. As i live in a town that doesn't sell Burt's Bees, i just put off buying it. The other day, i bought a bottle online and sadly, i have to agree with some of the other ladies. This is a new bottle from a fresh batch, so the new formula is actually thinner than it used to be and yes, there is something minty lurking in the background and for those of you who used play doh as a child, you may want to think on that one when inhaling the 'milk and honey'! It used to sink right in but now it seems to sit on top of the skin a little, leaving a bit of a 'film'.
Having used it for a couple of days now, i can honestly say it still works extremely well. I have had to take off two marks for the minty play doh scent but hey, i think i might just get used to it!