November 22, 2014 | 1688 users online

Foundations - Philosophy - the supernatural airbrush canvas

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ooooh, just tried this today and am loving it - I usually use bare minerals but find it frustrating because I never get quite enough coverage, and have to mix a bunch of shades to get the right look. But this stuff is perfect - I used the "beige" shade. I love the sponge application, although it did give me a lot of product on my face, which I blended away with a brush. My skin feels lovely, and it looks really natural in the light. For $35 it is more expensive than bare minerals, but I would love to have a jar of this for evening wear!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by serenabena1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not like this product at all.. it made my skin look not so great.. i cant even explain what it did on my skin, but i just really hated it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by mjoy14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

NASTY!! Great idea, but horrible to use... and if you have oily/acne-ish skin, beware!!! It just sits there with these reflecting pieces that just make your skin look bad (I had the extra rich one... more like extra crap). If you take the top off (what were they thinking !?!?!?) and use a brush, it may work for you... I just looked like a black geisha. And of course they give you this cheap mirror on top... and it was so EXPENSIVE!! NOOOOO!!!! That was the last cosmetic purchase I made before learning to read the reviews here at MUA... ALWAYS read reviews!!!!!!!!
Update: So I looked up the bismuth stuff... that's probably what gave my face that weird shine... bismuth is related to arsenic: BEWARE!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by LL100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was thrilled to find mineral powder foundation in no mess packaging. Testing in the store looked pretty good, but then I bought it. Big mistake. It's like drawing on your face with a giant crayon. Even application is impossible, and it cakes onto your eyebrows and doesn't get into creases. You need a brush to even it out. Also, it has a strange shiny finish, I guess to make it looked "airbrushed" but it looks like you're wearing too much makeup and my oily skin is shiny shortly after anyway. I have fair skin and the "yellow undertone" shade for light skin (Sand?) was ORANGE. I tried buying their lightest shade and mixing the two, but it is still too orange. Even if I could find the prefect shade, this is not great and I'd rather spend the money on bare minerals.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by WillyWonka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

HORRIBLE! I'm sitting here writing this review with cystic acne all over my face due to this horrible product. I have no idea what's in it but STAY away from this if you have any problems with your skin. My skin is RUINED! I have worked so hard to have clear skin with my skincare routine and this ruined everything. I have never had such a bad reaction from any other product as this one--run from this!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2009 4:48:00 AM More reviews by pinkchinchilla

Was really intrigued by the idea of the easy application. Yes, its quick and easy to put on, but the sponge delivers a bit too much product for my liking and so looked a bit heavy for me. I also was advised to buy a colour which was too dark for me by the SA (Bronze when I think I should have taken Beige). I still like the idea and finish of the product though,so may invest in the Beige and see how I get on (possibly one for evening makeup for me rather than daytime).

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by LizW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate this stuff. Although the texture is really nice and the applicator sponge is handy for dabbing it on (then using a brush) unfortunately it wasn't for quite a while (at least a month or two) that I worked out that this was giving me painful cystic acne around my mouth/chin.

I really wanted to like it as a friend had recommended it and said it was doing wonders for clearing her skin. In fact, I was using it when I had acne in place of my regular MAC SFF so it was a horrible cycle of getting a small pimple or two, using this stuff and then the whole thing blowing into a cystic nightmare :)

Also the colour didn't match even though I was matched by SA. Too orange/pink.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product comes in very limited shade ranges for darker complexions, and as a result, I had to buy both the Bronze color and Rich and mix them, which was not cheap. Other than that, I love the product. Excellent coverage that lasts all day. Works best over a primer. It has small sparkly minerals that gives my face a nice glow without making me look like The Tinman as Bare Minerals did. Plus the design makes ensures the products is dispersed only to your face, not on your clothes or on your bathroom countertop as Bare Minerals does. I'm taking one lippy off for the lack of shade ranges for people of color. Tip for darker skin tones: to avoid looking like the Tinman, apply from outside the face inward; don't start at the nose, or you may look really metallic.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2009 11:19:00 AM More reviews by samantha29382

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very bad acne and acne-prone skin so my grandmother suggested using philosphopy...she bought me this and tried and LOVED IT! I Had been using liquid foundation and after I tried this my breakouts calmed down...
Pros: Easy Appilcator
Airbrushed feel and look
Doesnt cake off
stays on doesnt get oily in afternoon
calms down breakouts 4 me
Applicator so easy u can do in the car
Very nice case with mirror PERFECT FOR ON THE GO
Cons; have to replace pads
I RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by jfcookie999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't like this product. It made me break out..