September 20, 2014 | 1880 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme [DISCONTINUED]

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by productjunkie15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This works well, but I couldn't stand the smell!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 12:15:00 PM More reviews by cmeu289

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The ONLY hand creme that works on my extremely dry flaky hands. I am used to the smell now. I have been using it for over two years.
Only a small amount is needed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by NuMama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like the previous reviewer, I bought a sample/travel size which was on sale at Target. The pros: thick, moisturizes well (even that pesky dry patch on my ring finger), soaks in pretty good. The cons: THE SMELL! My goodness, this stunk so bad I couldn't use it anymore. The smell does disipate eventually but it takes pretty long. I'm glad I found this little tube before I splurged on a full size tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2008 6:49:00 AM More reviews by lewky

Yes it works well for eczema sufferers like me. It moisturizes and stays on your skin but it smells like Windex or something very chemically. It's also kind of expensive for the amount you get. If you suffer from ezcema or dry hands I would recommend ShiKai's Borage Dry Skin Therapy. It cleared up my eczema within 3 days!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaSF

I got a travel size of this as a gift. I love L'Occitane, but figured I'd give this a try.

I only used it once. The smell is overpowering. Like moldy chlorine? The smell lingers for a long time. And it's very greasy. My hands were greasy for a long time.

I can't say whether this would produce good results after consistent use. But, Aveeno and L'Occitane work well for me, and don't have the b ad consistency or smell of this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 9:43:00 PM More reviews by littlebella25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the most overwhelmingly smelly product I've used in a long time. It lingers and it is DISGUSTING-- like moth balls and old lady floral perfume. Every other hand creme I've ever used (and I've used hundreds both natural based and not,) smell better than this. It is also more greasy than it is rich and moisturizing--doesn't really soak in. Doesn't smell anything like lavender or shea butter.

Any (and I do mean any) product out there will do a better job and smell better--Gold Bond Ultimate Healing comes to mind, for one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this hand cream! It works better and faster than anything else I've tried. Yea, it could smell better (hence the 4 rather than 5 stars), but the smell isn't *that* bad. It sort of reminds me of my grandma and moth balls both of which are comforting in a nostalgic way. Smell aside, it makes my hands so soft and it absorbs really fast for a cream. I'd rec. this for anyone who washes their hands a lot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I recently developed some sort of extra dry, occasionally cracked rash on my knuckles. After numerous panicky phone calls to my mother, insisting I had psoriasis and excoriating her for poor genetics, she suggested that I try A&D and a good, non-petroleum hand cream for super dry skin before casting aspersions on my bloodline. I generally like BB's products, so when I spotted the tube of this in the drug store I figured it just might be the hand cream to save me. And lo and behold: it was! I'm far from old, so I can't say as though my hands looked aged or even necessarily bad (save for evil rash) but after using this consistently for about 3 weeks now I can honestly say that the skin on my hands is GORGEOUS. And so soft! Horrible (apparently non-psoriatic) rash is gone, baby gone! I want to fill a tub with this stuff and roll around in it to share the beautiful, soft, mega-hydrated, ultra-glowy -- yes, glowy hand skin! -- results with the rest of my body! I won't, though, because as has already been mentioned: it reeks to high heaven. It dissipates quickly, though, and I'd rather it smell naturally repulsive than synthetically perfumey. Application is dreamy, especially after a hand-washing, when skin is slightly damp. It does take a few minutes to sink in, until which time hands can be a bit oily. But once it sinks in, it's sinks IN and performs some kind of magic. I reapply frequently, but I think it's really gratuitous: this cream continues to moisturize hours and hours after application. It's truly awesome, has saved me a trip to the derm as well as many sleepless nights worrying over the state of my autoimmune system. Will definitely repurchase; I'm in lurve!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2008 9:25:00 AM More reviews by RockiRoad

I love this hand cream! To me, it smells like summertime and dandelions. I don't know why people have to be so picky with smells. If you don't want a strong sent to your hand cream, you should probably be buying an unscented brand because in my experience, the smells in lotions are hardly ever faint. Anyways, putting aside the smell issue, I absolutely love how this cream feels on my hands! It's just like silk! I am the perfect candidate for hand creams because my hands are constantly dry and crack-y (I work part time as a dog bather/groomer). Plus, Burt's Bees products are all almost 100% natural!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by hereiam410

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THIS IS MY MIRACLE HAND CREAM ~ and yes, I'm shouting it from the hill-tops! :-)

I agree, the smell is a bit "off" ~ but there's no reason we can't all add a few drops of our favorite essential oil and cover it up a bit.

Sometimes the most freaky smelling things are the ones that really work!

It seeps right into my dry hands and performs miracles overnight...and I promise, if you use this religiously, after every hand washing like I do, then you will take YEARS off your hands.

After about one week, I swear, almost every line on my hands was disappearing.

My hands and cuticles have NEVER stood up to these awful New England winters until I discovered this cream and also the lemon cuticle cream also by Burt's.

I paid about 7-8 bucks. It really lasts too...there's a generous amount in the tube & I think I've bought it about 4 times now in the past year.

Please try it....a little consistency in using it, really pays off.

Ingredients ~~~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rose Water, Sunflower Oil, Stearic Acid (Vegetable Fat), Bees Wax, Vegetable Glycerin, Seasame Oil, Shea Butter, Macadamia Nut Oil, Glucose, Rose Hip Seed Oil, Lavender Oil, Willow Bark Extract, Calendula Flower Extract, Plantain Leaf Extract, Lady's Mantle Leaf Extract, Rose Oil, Neroli Oil, Borage Oil, Sucrose Stearate (Sugar Emulsifier), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Rosemary Extract, Vegetable Oil, Beta Carotene, Xanthan Gum (Natural Thickener), Sodium Borate (Natural Borax), Glucose Oxidase, Lactoperoxidase (Natural Enzymes)