August 20, 2014 | 1625 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Big Blue Bath Bomb

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by pocky

There is nothing wrong with Big Blue but it's not my favorite so I will not be repurchasing. I couldn't tell from a comparison of the ingredients if Big Blue has any more or less salt than Sakura but I love the soft floral fragrance of Sakura and I don't have to "hose' it so I'll stick to Sakura. As other reviewers have mentioned, you need to put Big Blue into some kind of mesh material (I cut up an old, clean stocking) if you don't want bits of brown seaweed all over your bath. It sounds nice but it's actually a bit gross because the seaweed is hard and will not soften during the time you're in the bath, not to mention the mess it will make in your drains. The fragrance is kind of herby but I don't detect any lavendar. It's not unpleasant, just not something I care for. Aside from turning the bath water blue and the unique fragrance, I think Lush has better bath bomb offering if you're not into blue and herby.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by CocoMinx

This is without doubt in my top five products!! it's not something i normally go for, but when i had my nipples pierced the girl mentioned putting salt in the bath to aid the healing. so naturally i popped into lush, knowing they would have just that.
As soonas i used this in the bath my whole body felt super relaxed, and the groovy pieces of seaweed are fantastic!
the water turned a beautiful blue colour and the piercings healed like a dream!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by bvbvvbvvv

smells like ocean, the scent is refreshing. only used it once but felt good. although not my fav, will repurchase anyways!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 2:43:00 AM More reviews by gribble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh Big Blue, it took me so long to actually try you, but I fell in love the moment you hit my tub. This bomb turns the water a beautiful blue colour, fills it with little bits of seaweed (which I thought was neat), and has a "mature" sort of essential oil scent that reminds me of a day spa. The scent lingered in my bathroom and hallway for at least 2 days afterward. Definitely a luxury item, but I will indulge again one day. I will take a lippy off for being too damn expensive for me to use every week!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by jnevaril

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked the color this bomb turned my water, but I couldn't smell it once it hit the water! The seaweed was kind of weird feeling when I scooped it out of the tub, but it sure did make my skin feel great. I popped it into a cool bath, and lit a coconut/tropical candle, had a ice cold glass of iced tea with lemon, and just soaked in the tub forever. It was soothing, and relaxing, the salt in the bomb really helped my skin, i just wish the scent was stronger.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by karlayvonne

i really like this bath bomb! i used it with sunny side bath bubble bar. sunny side is a gold bar with glitter in it. i used about a 1/4 of the bubble bar. it made big bubbles and turned my water a nice glittery gold color. and i used half of the bath bomb which made the water a beautiful aqua color. i thought the seedweed was cool. i played with it! lol. apparently it expands more and more while it is in the water. i thought it was very neat. so with the bath bomb and bubble bar combined it made a beautiful and relaxing bath. the water was a aqua color with a irridecent gold glittery in it. the combination is called mermaid water. of so the SA at LUSH told me. love it <3

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 1:58:00 AM More reviews by nullified

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

The smell is gorgeous and it makes the water a beautiful blue. By far my favorite bomb from LUSH. This one does leave a lot of stuff behind so socking it the way to go.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by clamster

Highly recommend using a nylon sock to catch all the seaweed. This was really nice I would buy it again if it was in a giftset but by itself it's expensive as with all LUSH bath bombs. This turned the water a gorgeous blue color and it was really relaxing however I didn't notice any extra moisture. Out of the Lush bath bombs I have tried this one I wouldn't mind repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 11:08:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

I really liked this over priced product. Really enjoyed the relaxing bath but what I hate is cleaning out my tub afterward. It's been recommended to me that I put the bath bomb in an old stocking so it would trap all the sediment left from this bath bomb. I love this otherwise though. Lovely scent, and it softens your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Joyfulheart5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a bit expensive for one bath. I was told you can cut it in half, but I tried and it didn’t work. I loved the blue water and smell, but could have done without the seaweed. My seaweed was brown and chunky. With that said, the bomb was very moisturizing to my skin. The only reason why I wouldn’t buy it again is because of the seaweed and price.