LUSH Big Blue Bath Bomb

3.9

Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Perfume, Arame Seaweed (Eisenia arborea), Lemon (Citrus limonum), Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), *Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Yellow No. 5

on 3/5/2010 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm so not a fan of this. To me this smells heavily perfumed.....well it is heavily perfumed because it's one of the first ingredients on the list. Tbh that really puts me off...first of all perfume should not be in direct contact with lady bits as its not great for femine health and second it's not that great for skin. It irritates my nasal passages because it's that strong and I can't even tell what it's meant to smell like. I only used half of the bomb and it was that potent!! The scent lingered on my skin, thankfully not as strong as it was in the bath. The seaweed was mildly annoying but it wouldn't bother me if I liked the bomb. It didn't do anything negative to my skin like dry it out but it did nothing positive either; it was pointless! I got this free in the christmas sale.....I won't be using the other half nor repurchasing. Sorry Lush but this was hugely dissappointing.

on 2/27/2010 8:39:00 PM

this product has a very nice scent but it is NOT worth the mess it leaves behind. Your bathtub ends up being full of seaweed and you can't use this in a jacuzzi or your jets will clog.

on 2/13/2010 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great bath bomb. I was at LUSH with my bf and we've trid other bath bombs (more girly) so I let him pick one that he wanted to try. He really likes the ocean so he picked the Big Blue. At first, I wasn't really excited to use it, the smell wasn't my type, but after I used it, I loved it.
It does make you water all blue/green like the ocean and the seaweed from it settles at the bottom and it looks like ocean seaweed. The seaweed might be tricky to clean, I wouldn't suggest it in a whirpool bath.

The scent is not very distinct (not fruity or floral, but very clean/nature-ish smell) - I smelled sea salts and maybe lime, but I did like it and it does linger for awhile. I smelled it on my skin a little bit after I got out but after 2 hrs or so maybe sooner it was gone.
It softened my skin, but did not give me a beachy glow (like LUSH says it will) or maybe it just wasn't noticeable enough.

Overall it was very soothing and moisturizing b/c of the salts. I really like using it and I would definetly buy it again.

Great smell. I found this one is really easy to break into pieces. Other than the mess it leaves behind in the bath tub its a great buy!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The mess this makes in the bath is SO worth it to me (and it DOES make a mess!). I use this when I feel exhausted, have a headache, want to give my mind clarity, or if I want to feel like a mermaid. :P It turned my bath an absolutely gorgeous azure blue colour, and although I have a fear of spiders getting into my bath (those bits of seaweed do kind of resemble spiders legs!) the seaweed was fine with me! It really does help clear your mind as the fragrance is so refreshing and clean. Using this product is a real treat. Will definitely repurchase.

on 12/18/2009 12:56:00 AM

i got this in the gift set "bath time favorites" which is a tin with 9 bath bombs. i hadn't tried this one yet, and i'm saving my favorites for last, so i decided to try it tonight. the seaweed freaked me out. the the bath bomb looked SO gross as it dissolved...like little worms! it was so gross i avoided looking at it. the bath water was turned a gorgeous blue, but then at the bottom of the tub there was a mess of seaweed. like laying in the ocean. anytime i shifted to grab some soap or anything it all ruffled up and stuck to my legs and stuff which grossed me out ahahah. i wasn't expecting there to be so much!!

the smell was nothing special. VERY purfumey and strong. i couldn't even really determine a certain smell from it's.. just...strong. now that i'm out of the bath though.. my skin feels pretty soft and smells good. maybe i'll buy it again...but use a strainer to get rid of the seaweed. but that seems like too much hassle for a mediocre bath bomb. sooo maybe i won't. hmm..

on 11/14/2009 6:43:00 PM

my DH got me a 3 pack of bath bombs a little while ago, and I decided to use Big Blue tonight as a treat since I wasnt feeling well. Dropped it in my tub and I do love how it turned my water a cool Mediterranean blue, but as I went to step in, the 'seaweed' really threw me for a loop. I thought 'oh my god worms got into my bathbomb!!' I had DH scoop all the 'worms' out while i looked up what was going on with it online. It bugged me out so bad that I just drained the tub, I couldnt relax in it even though it was apparently just seaweed. It smelled delicious, but god, I was NOT expecting that! I wont be buying this one again thats for sure!

on 11/3/2009 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not bad, but not all that either. Scent leaves me indifferent.

The seaweed really bothers me. I like some of the bath ballistics with bits, dry flowers in and such, but not the seaweed. It's just not fun or pleasant, and way too much of it.

on 10/28/2009 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I love this bath bomb! I have always loved things that turned my bath water blue. It feels like I have a tropical oasis in my bathroom. It smells really nice too.

on 10/26/2009 10:28:00 PM

I love this bath bomb....after using my skin feels so soft...the sea salts and seaweed leavemy skin feeling better than after I leave a spa! Will repurchase!

Popular Bath Treatments