Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a drugstore GEM. It may feel chalky when swatching but it goes on the skin beautifully, matifies all day. It has a light soapy smell which I don't mind, Only downside is the packaging (which is understandable for the price). The lid breaks easily just from use and it comes off completely if you're gonna travel with it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I first bought this, probably a year ago, I didn't like it at all. When you touch it, the powder feels super chalky. I also hate the packaging, which is very cheap and poorly designed.

I took this out of my stash recently, however, and decided I actually really like it. Packaging problems aside, it is a really good mattifying powder for a really great price. This keeps my skin matte for longer than many pricier products.

For around $3, you might as well give it a try.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's nice when you apply it, but after an hour wearing it my T zone is oily again. Not worth the hype.

I am so disappointed in rimmel for changing the ingredients in this powder. Where I live in the US anyways the ingredients have changed. Now they put parabens in it. For months I thought it was my allergies making my eyes itch but I had also realized it just wasn't performing the way it had been FOR YEARS. I look at the ingredients and was shocked to see a paraben in it! The reason I bought this for so many years was cuz it didn't have nasty chemicals in it. Shame on rimmel for not alerting people about this change. I use maybelline fit me matte + poreless now. Which I adore btw and it even comes with a mirror and sponge AND a regular compact packaging.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The only reason I'm not giving 5 stars is because of the terrible packaging. The packaging is super cheap. It broke within the first week of owning this. Its all cracked and a piece is missing so I can't take it with me anywhere. The product its self though is really good. I have really oily skin and when I put this in my t-zone I stay oil free amos all day. I havent set a foundation with this yet but will update when I do to let you know how it works for setting foundations! As for under eye concealer, I've only tried two concealers and both of which crease with or without the stay matte on top.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite powder ever. I am so picky about face makeup - if something isn't 100% perfect or doesn't wear EXACTLY the way I want it to, I'm done with it. This powder goes on smoothly and evenly, and stays that way. My daily routine is a pore minimizing primer, then CC cream, then this powder to control shine. It's perfect for that and I only need to reapply once at lunch time to get me through the day.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I'm unsure...

I purchased this product originally about 3 years ago and hated it, it was cakey, chalky and made my skin get oily quicker than with no product on my face.

Fast forward to 2015 and I thought I'd try it again, I noticed this time the product has the Rimmel Crown logo pressed into the powder itself so thought it might have changed formular?

I must say I think it has as this time round it wasn't cakey or chalky, great! and the oilyness didn't seem to come through as quick however it's just still not as good or as cheap as the Boots Natural Collection Loose Power for me personally.

This powder totally beat my pricey BareMinerals translucent pressed powder.
I don't like to wear too much makeup or look too matte but I have a very oily T-zone and need a bit of something to stop me from looking like an oily mess within an hour.

This powder has been powder. It doesn't give me any extra coverage but sets my makeup and keeps me matte for a good 3-4 hours before I need to blot or touch up.

The packaging isn't the best but I also didn't pay a fortune for it so it is something I am willing to accept! I rarely carry it out with me though since I generally like to blot rather than powder.

Would recommend to those who are after a good translucent powder that is affordable and doesn't add coverage.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Ive been happy with mufe hd powder for a while, but after sinus issues i realized my mufe kicks up a bit of a powder cloud and i needed something pressed. Searching my memory i remembered good old Rimmel Stay Matte and headed to cvs. It was on the bottom shelf priced around $7, comes in maybe 4 colors. I got the light beuge. Packaging is very poor, my lid hardly stats put so i would need to put it in a baggie if i wanted to take it with me. Over foundation i swirl my brush in it, ans apply lightly to my t zone. Looks matte, lasts great! No issues.If its too matte, i find a spritz of setting spray tskes an overly powdery matte look down. Shame about the packaging, but the price was nice and performance great! I am looking for other options in nicer cases, but apprecuated this.

Packaging sucks but the product is amazing! It's my favourite powder and a must have. Blends so well, not cakey. Can build coverage if needed. Love.

Video Reviews & Tutorials