Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 5/22/2015 6:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This powder keeps my skin matte for much longer than most I've tried. But it doesn't keep my skin matte all day. My skin is combination, so it's not particularly oily and more dry on my cheeks. I have also found that this doesn't work well on my skin for touch ups on my nose, it just seems to cake rather than taking the shine down. Likewise, I find this to be far too heavy to use under my eyes and if I apply too much it highlights dryness on my cheeks. However, I've begun using this every day recently. Instead of setting my foundation with it, I simply apply my sunscreen and spot conceal then buff this over the top. With this method, it gives the most beautiful finish and is incredibly natural on the skin. I use a physical sunscreen, so I need something to mattify the shine in the centre of my face. This combination of products is my favourite in the morning when I only have five minutes. And I've begun reaching for this powder rather than my ysl touche eclat (which I adore). Despite my criticisms of this product, I do think it's a very good powder and since the price is very reasonable... give it a go if you're considering it!

on 5/21/2015 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

HG HG HG. I get not everything works for everyone but more than half the girls I know who love foundation use this as a setting powder. I use it with Tarte Amazonian Clay Liquid a Foundation, a Lorac Natural Performance Foundation, Lorac POREfection Foundation and Boots No 7 Beautifully Matte Foundation and it works so well with ALL of them. It does keep u matte and, depending on what foundation and primer I've used, I can get more than the 5 hours it claims. I use it in shade 03 Natural. I don't know what I would do if this was discontinued.

on 5/19/2015 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is mediocre at best. It did have a nice mattifying effect, and it lasted a decently long time, but it made me breakout on my chin/t-zone area, so I wouldn't recommend this to people with acne prone skin.

on 5/18/2015 11:11:00 PM

I like this over the ELF HD powder. It's very affordable & when I ran out, I noticed a difference. It helps mattify my face & make my makeup last longer. I get it in translucent. I just wish the lid was attached.

on 5/18/2015 4:35:00 AM

<3 My HG powder (Apart from studio fix) its amazing and the price is fab! 110% recommend to anybody just starting out with makeup

on 5/18/2015 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

A great finishing powder! Everyone needs a face powder in their makeup collection, whether it's for setting their makeup, touching up, or for fighting shine. This is something I would believe someone who is missing a powder, would just pick up at their local drugstore for an inexpensive price. It does not disappoint, as it is gives exactly what you would expect from a powder.
I use it to set my bb cream and concealer in my morning routine, and it helps my face makeup last longer. However, I do notice some shine returning as the day goes on, but nothing that can't be fixed with a quick touch-up.
This does not visibly clog my pores or break out my skin(I have a sensitive-oily type). The scent smells reminiscent of baby powder, probably because its main ingredient is talc alike.
All in all, I would definitely recommend this product to anyone, whether a young beginner or makeup artist!

on 5/17/2015 2:33:00 PM

I use this powder to finish up my foundation look. It is ok but can look cakey and emphasizes pores. I don't think I'd buy again. It's just too heavy for me.

on 5/14/2015 2:54:00 PM

I take away a lippie for the packaging, and another for it really just performing about the same as any other powder I've had. But I still give it 3, because it's decent value for the price, and the colours are alright. I have a lot of trouble with colourmatching due to being fair with strong yellow tones, so it's nice that this doesn't look orange or fake on me. It also does not look cakey. But, it also isn't the miracle for oil control and shininess (for me) that many people seem to feel it is.

I've repurchased a few times, but I think I'm going to pass from now on due to the packaging. I won't avoid it, but I won't go shopping specifically for it. I need a "maybe" option as opposed to "yes" or "no", but the plan at the moment is not to repurchase. Unless they fix the dang packaging.

on 5/5/2015 4:45:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

yes yes the packaging is shit, but the product is amazing!! I've repurchased this over and over again since year 7 when I first started wearing makeup! Truly recommend this to anyone with oily/combo skin!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love everything about this but the crap packaging. I am not super oily so YMMV. It just evens everything out. Cheap and works nicely with the Goss method