Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 11/29/2014 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this powder, I've bought it more times than I can even count and will continue to do so until I find an alternative that I prefer, however I doubt that's likely. At 3.99 (Boots retail price) this is an absolute steal, I would be happy to pay 6 or so for this if I had to. This is such an essential for any makeup lover, no matter what your age or experience is!
I use the shade 001 Transparent because I'm rather pale and my foundation (L'Oreal True Match C1) is a perfect match anyway so I don't really want to alter my foundation colour, and I just like to use powder to set and mattify my face. The formula is very good, the coverage I get is absolutely perfect; my face doesn't look too cakey.
It lasts all day, however if I've been out in the cold weather or doing any exercise I like to lightly dust this all over my face using my Real Techniques Powder Brush, just to make sure I'm not too shiny or red in the face.
My skin is dry and sensitive and it doesn't react badly at all on my face, and I imagine this would be great for all skin types.
I do find that it has an odd smell, but I think most drugstore foundations do, however I'm not too picky about smells of foundations.
Another critique I'd have is that once you begin to hit pan and run out of foundation, the pressed powder usually crumbles and you're unable to use it. I don't know if this is just me being a bad owner, or if there's a way to stop it but it can be inconvenient as there can be up to a week's worth of powder in there which goes to waste. I don't find this to be much of a problem though because I usually buy two of these powders at a time as I'm that addicted!
The packaging is okay, it's easy enough to store and is a good size to get my brush in, however it's not ideal for travelling as the lid has a tendency to crack slightly. However it is fine to keep at home or in your day to day makeup bag.
I think this is a problem that most makeup addicts do use or have used in the past, and it's definitely something that I'd recommend to try if you haven't yet. A simple to use and easy drugstore powder, and at such a good price you can't go wrong!

on 11/29/2014 8:59:00 AM

I love love love this product. I have a really oily BB cream at the moment and it covers all the oily ness, definitely recommend this. Only issue is the packaging the lid brakes very easily

on 11/28/2014 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hate this, it doesn't control oil at all and the packaging is very fragile, so if you drop it Theres a good chance it will break

on 11/27/2014 5:53:00 AM

I was on the hunt for a cheap transparent powder and heard so many great reviews about this one I went and picked it up from Priceline, I really did want to like this powder as it was a good price but it broke me out ): I only ever get one pimple once in a blue moon so when my face started to break out I went through everything I was usuing and this turned out to be the cause. Other than that though it is a good price and I like the overall finish of it just a shame I can't use it anymore

on 11/21/2014 4:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a great budget powder. Easily, I'd say the best thing about it is the price, a bargain at 4, which is why I have repurchased it so many times. I use the shade 001 transparent, which I very much like. It gives a nice matte finish, and I really like the way it leaves my skin feeling after I put it on. It doesn't feel cakey, and it helps reduce my shine, my nose is usually somewhat oily at lunchtime, but it does help. I use it every single day, and it lasts a reasonable amount of time. However, the packaging isn't very good at all. On my first one, a few days after I touched pan, the whole powder crumpled, so I had lots of clumps of powder in the man, which I used awkwardly for the rest of the month. On my second, I took it travelling to Italy, and upon arrival, the lid and cracked and broke! Annoying, and can't take my second one anywhere now. Good job it is so cheap, if not I would not be buying it again! So in short, great product and price, but bad packaging!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is the best and cheapest pressed powder I have ever used! It matches my skin flawlessly and offers long-time protection from transfer and oil. It also has a matte and non-shiny finish, as it promises.

on 11/20/2014 12:25:00 PM

I have combination skin and this always is the best I've tried to keep my oily spots matte and doesn't try out my dry areas over foundation. Will continue to use this in creamy beige because it give my pale skin a little but not too much color.

on 11/15/2014 8:48:00 PM

I love this powder. It keeps me matte all day even in my T-Zone where I get fairly oily. I am writing mine from an AUSTRALIAN perspective when I give a 4 for price. It costs $13, which isn't terrible but for what you get is a bit much. You hit pan quite quickly and the container is thin. Also, a four for packaging because it doesn't protect the product inside from breaking (hope that makes sense..). My powder spent all day in a makeup bag at home and it broke into a loose mess. I ended up using it as a loose powder and keeping it in the original packaging. But however, I would still buy it.

on 11/8/2014 6:30:00 PM

This is an essential for every makeup bag it's easy for on the go and just such a great product that gives matte results always and so good for the price the packaging is like most drugstore powders I don't really like it because the lids breaks so easily the powder however never really smashes.this is defiantly a good powder for starting off in makeup and I really love it of course I would buy it again because I have so many times before

on 10/31/2014 12:34:00 PM

I love this powder. I've purchased probably 4-5 of them at this point, and they work wonderfully. I usually use it to set my makeup, it blends great, and lasts for a while! I'm dry, so I never have to worry about blotting throughout the day, or oil control. It's more of a satin finish than matte, which is great for me because anything matte makes my dry skin look drier. The only complaint I have is that if you apply too much, it will start to look a little cakey. The only reason I stopped using this powder is because I found NYC loose powder that I'm really in love with right now.

Video Reviews & Tutorials