October 2, 2014 | 1135 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by dorkmist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

$28 for a 5oz tube of lotion? Yep, and I don't have any regrets. I am a lotion freak. I have tried (and most likely bought) so many I am almost ashamed (almost...). I can be lured in by a scent and that is what pulled me in to a L'Occitane store. While I wandered about happily sniffing bars of soap (body soap is a huge problem in our house - husband is worse than I am) a lovely woman came over and offered me a pea sized blop of lotion. I happily obliged. The scent is very subtle and doesn't really linger. It takes a bit longer than a "regular" lotion to work in - I am assuming that is the shea. After a few minutes of working it in and "drying", I was left with a lovely texture on my hands that I don't think I've ever achieved from a hand lotion (even raw shea). As an added bonus, it seems to hold up very well to hand washing... Score! Only wish it wasn't so outrageously expensive. Thankfully you only need a small amount to achieve a great outcome so it should last a while.....

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by maserati

I am a lotion junkie and this is one the best and a favorite of mine out of my lotion stash. It's very rich and moisturizing without being greasy. Product absorbs quickly leaving hand soft and supple. I took off one lippie for how darn expensive it is! Over $30 with tax! I try to stock up during Sephora's FnF sale and I get the VIB points! A full size tube will last your through winter but I also have travel sizes in all my bags. I adore this hand cream! wish it was a bit more economical though....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by jvelme

I consider L´Occitane an expensive brand for what it offers, but this handcream is worth paying for. It is ligth, very moisturing and with a lovely perfum. It is a must have if you have dry to normal hands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

i got the 30ml for $12 not sure if thats a good price but for a loccitane product, thats not bad i guess? not sure coz its my first hand cream
so what i love about this is that it keeps my hands moist and it has a really subtle sweet smell (im not good with describing smells).
i guess i would repurchase this :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by doocaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this hand cream. I keep a tube in my bedside table and one in my bathroom. I love that it moisturizes well, smells clean and light, and doesn't cause my hands to feel coated and greasy. The metal tube is a bit of a hassle, but I use the "key" that L'Occitane sells to keep the tube rolled down as I use it up. I can't believe that this costs $28 a tube - it's definitely overpriced - but I love it so much that I keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by avel

Best hand cream ever. Love the fragrance and texture. It's lightweight and absorbs quickly. I'm on my third small tube and just bought a giant one for my mom. She loves it too.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by MakeupFanNow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this hand cream. So many rave reviews, but one big problem I have with it is the scent. I really, really hate it. It almost reminds me of the original Nivea cream or Dove. I could not stand the smell of either of those.

It's moisturizing properties are ok. I would rather get the tin of the 100% Shea Butter and use that instead and not have that scent to deal with.

I will not be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Sassafraz

Absolute favourite cream! Have been using this product for years. I generally tend to use it as a hand cream only, however I have found that my skin is much more dry this winter than it has been in previous years (I blame the dry-ness of my new apartment) and I now use this product on all body parts. My elbows were really dry, and after one application they were fully moisturized, and have been ever since. I have used the Shea Butter on a few occasions on my face (to small, very dry areas) it did fix the problem, but left that area of my face feeling very greasy - so wouldn't recommend application there. But for everywhere else - this product is the BEST!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Some nice MUAers recommended this cream to my post request about a good hard working hand cream for my 40th birthday: among all my 40 years resolutions I put to take care of my hands at last, because I've been neglecting them all through my youth and it starts to show.
Well I'm glad I had this rec: the cream is really nourishing and moisturizing, it leaves a lovely fragrance (not too strong), and my hands really show some difference.
Also, the product is a bit expensive, but the tube lasts a long time.
I highly recommend this cream.
A

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by PantherBKNeff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I second what Doreese said on 2/11/13...This hand cream is amaze-balls for those who have eczema and also for those who despise the feeling of greasy digits. It smells fresh and clean (a little bit Soap-y and Baby powder-y). The tube is great because you can squeeze every last bit out of it, plus it packs well (plastic bottles with pumps + gym bags = Don't). Additionally, you can feel good knowing that the Shea Butter collection is ethically-derived and sustainable from women in Africa. It's moderately priced for lotion (about $28 bucks for a large tube). Give it a try!