September 14, 2014 | 1045 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by jvelme

I consider L´Occitane an expensive brand for what it offers, but this handcream is worth paying for. It is ligth, very moisturing and with a lovely perfum. It is a must have if you have dry to normal hands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

i got the 30ml for $12 not sure if thats a good price but for a loccitane product, thats not bad i guess? not sure coz its my first hand cream
so what i love about this is that it keeps my hands moist and it has a really subtle sweet smell (im not good with describing smells).
i guess i would repurchase this :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by doocaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this hand cream. I keep a tube in my bedside table and one in my bathroom. I love that it moisturizes well, smells clean and light, and doesn't cause my hands to feel coated and greasy. The metal tube is a bit of a hassle, but I use the "key" that L'Occitane sells to keep the tube rolled down as I use it up. I can't believe that this costs $28 a tube - it's definitely overpriced - but I love it so much that I keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by avel

Best hand cream ever. Love the fragrance and texture. It's lightweight and absorbs quickly. I'm on my third small tube and just bought a giant one for my mom. She loves it too.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by MakeupFanNow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this hand cream. So many rave reviews, but one big problem I have with it is the scent. I really, really hate it. It almost reminds me of the original Nivea cream or Dove. I could not stand the smell of either of those.

It's moisturizing properties are ok. I would rather get the tin of the 100% Shea Butter and use that instead and not have that scent to deal with.

I will not be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Sassafraz

Absolute favourite cream! Have been using this product for years. I generally tend to use it as a hand cream only, however I have found that my skin is much more dry this winter than it has been in previous years (I blame the dry-ness of my new apartment) and I now use this product on all body parts. My elbows were really dry, and after one application they were fully moisturized, and have been ever since. I have used the Shea Butter on a few occasions on my face (to small, very dry areas) it did fix the problem, but left that area of my face feeling very greasy - so wouldn't recommend application there. But for everywhere else - this product is the BEST!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Some nice MUAers recommended this cream to my post request about a good hard working hand cream for my 40th birthday: among all my 40 years resolutions I put to take care of my hands at last, because I've been neglecting them all through my youth and it starts to show.
Well I'm glad I had this rec: the cream is really nourishing and moisturizing, it leaves a lovely fragrance (not too strong), and my hands really show some difference.
Also, the product is a bit expensive, but the tube lasts a long time.
I highly recommend this cream.
A

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by PantherBKNeff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I second what Doreese said on 2/11/13...This hand cream is amaze-balls for those who have eczema and also for those who despise the feeling of greasy digits. It smells fresh and clean (a little bit Soap-y and Baby powder-y). The tube is great because you can squeeze every last bit out of it, plus it packs well (plastic bottles with pumps + gym bags = Don't). Additionally, you can feel good knowing that the Shea Butter collection is ethically-derived and sustainable from women in Africa. It's moderately priced for lotion (about $28 bucks for a large tube). Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by doreese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I am not really a lotion or handcream person. I hate the feeling of lotion goop on my hands. Which probably I'm sure played some part into me getting eczema years ago. Ever since then I would have really bad dry rashes on the top of my hands to the point where it would be like little cuts because it was so dry. I started using this hand cream and I don't even have eczema anymore but I still use it because I love the stuff! Feels amazing and my hands are now SO soft- plus I love the smell. It is a def a bit pricey but it's really worth it.

I would say this is the best hand cream out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 7:08:00 AM More reviews by sherylash8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love how it smells and how it really work for my skin but then i dont like how it doesnt sink into my skin quickly...but a def must try! even though its expensive but i think it could last for 5 mnths or so