L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

4.1

Aqua/Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Mel Extract/Honey Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Parfum/Fragrance, Polyacrylamide, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Ceteareth-33, Alcohol Denat, Laureth-7, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Gerional

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Best hand cream I've ever used. It's kind of expensive but it lasts for such a long time because it's so moisturizing you won't need a lot. Great for dry skin.

on 11/2/2013 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This is a really moisturizing hand cream

The only con is that the smell is the scent is too strong. It is very rich and warming it up in your hands helps it absorb better. It comes in a large metal tube so it will last forever. It's a good hand cream for really dry hands

on 10/30/2013 5:22:00 AM

Yeah, it's nice, but it's not hardcore enough. If you want a good, deeply conditioning hand cream, it's Neutrogena all the way. That's the hand cream that eradicates dry, scaly hands. Shea butter does smell nice but this isn't moisturising enough for me. For more honest reviews, 'like' Face Up To It on Facebook, Twitter @YoCalliss, yocalliss.wordpress.com. Thanks :)

on 10/28/2013 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I got this as a gift and I LOVE this. I'm not quite sure what the scent is, but it's totally pleasant. The lotion it's self is very smooth, easily absorbed, and moisturizing. I would definitely repurchase, even with the steep price.

on 10/14/2013 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Great product. I got a free sample of it at the mall and I have to say; I not that impressed. Moisturization? Great. It is amazing and really moisturizers my hand really well. However, my hand cream from bath and works has 2 fl. oz. and does just the same job for five bucks. Plus, it smells so much better than that sickly sweet baby powder scent. I don't know if its just me, but I hate the scent of the hand creme. Overall, I think it's a great product but I will not be purchasing.

on 8/5/2013 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have really dry hands, and this stuff is great. It moisturises deeply, and the effects last. This leads to my hands looking younger and more healthy. It smells lovely, and sinks in quickly, leaving no greasy feeling - it's ok to touch papers etc. straight away without leaving a mark. I've repurchased twice now.
The pricing is currently £21 for 150ml, £8 for 30ml.
My only gripe is the packaging - yeah it looks great and retro, I love that it's not plastic, but it's heavy and sharp and the cap is awkward to remove/replace.

on 8/5/2013 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love love love!!

My boyfriend's mum gave me a tube of this a while back and it is amazing!
It's actually gotten me into L'Occitane and hand creams in general.

It's super rich and creamy and feels absolutely amazing. The scent is subtle but really nice and to top it off, it leaves my hands feeling a lot smoother.

The packaging is kind of old-school but in a good way and it's small enough to just keep in your handbag.

The only minor downside is that it does leave your hands a bit greasy straight after use. Having said that, it's a hand cream so that comes with the deal. And at any rate, the greasiness isn't sticky and it gets absorbed pretty quickly anyway.

on 7/17/2013 6:49:00 PM

I got the 75ml tube of this as part of a gift set which included the foot cream (which I've yet to use) but I wanted to use the hand cream straight away as someone had recommended it to me.

This is a nice, rich hand cream which leaves my hands feeling well moisturised and soft, especially in my dry office at work and after doing the washing up at home. You only need a pea sized amount, meaning the tube lasts for ages and as it's metal it's fairly easy to manipulate to get every last drop out (although you have to be pretty brutal with it when it's getting towards the end). It does have a slight scent to it, but as other reviewers have mentioned it's quite light and not at all offensive to the nostrils, so definitely one you can apply repeatedly throughout the day without getting fed up of smelling it.

Other than the price (8.00GBP for 30ml or 19.00GBP for 100ml) I can't think of any real negatives to this hand cream. I wouldn't necessarily bill it as a HG product but I would definitely consider repurchasing it in the future.

on 6/16/2013 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have the 30 ml tube ($12 AUD) which is a nice size to keep in my hand bag. Whenever my hands are feeling dry I just use about a pea size amount and instantly feel more comfortable and moisturised. I don't find there to be any tackiness or residue left behind which is another reason why I like using it when I'm out and about.

There is a very light smell to this, similar to baby powder perhaps? Regardless, it's very subtle and non-offensive so I can go about my day without any strong, lingering fragrance.

I can't really think of a negative about this product. But is this hand cream an absolute must-have? Not necessarily, there are probably other creams out there which could do just as good of a job at moisturising dry hands. However, I've actually used up and repurchased several tubes of these so yes, I definitely recommend this if you don't mind spending a bit more money on hand cream (150 ml costs $39 AUD). It has certainly helped to soften and smooth out some dry lines on my hands.

on 5/20/2013 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG handcream for night and even day. It seems heavy and greasy when you put it on but it soaks in fast as long as you only rub in a pea size amount. My picky brother in law grabbed it out of my handbag and even gave it a try. It doesn't have an offending smell either which makes it unisex friendly. The packaging needs help though, it's very vintage with the metal tube (but I guess that makes it more environmentally friendly).