December 19, 2014 | 798 users online

Cleansers - Bliss Labs - Fabulous Foaming Face Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by sremmers123

Not great but not horrible either. I bought a travel size just to try and I'm not too fond of it. It does smell very good and foams up nicely. However, a few days after using it, I noticed a few zits popping up. I switched back to my normal PTR face wash and all was well again. This might work well for someone else, but not me. I may finish the small bottle up as a morning cleanser, and use something with anti-acne benefits for evening.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by EllaK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a nice and gentle face wash (it foamed up pretty well for me). I was not looking for anything fancy, but wanted to try something different. It smells nice and it seemed to clean my skin very well. No adverse reactions so far... It is a little pricy, but really the bottle is pretty large, so it should last a long time. $25 for a nice face wash that lasts 6 months is not a bad deal. Probably best for normal skin. Might be a little drying. But my skin is normal to combination so it seemed to be just about right.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by PrettyInPlaidChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As a Beauty Mini purchased from Sephora, this was a surprisngly good find, particularly considering the many harsh, critical reviews on here. Far, far better than Purpose!. Has a sweet fragrance that is really pleasant. Not overpowering. It's just 'there'. Slightly more drying than my Obagi NuDerm facial cleanser, but then, I expected that. It does foam-in a minimalist kind of a way. Not buckets of suds, however, too many suds=too much detergent-like irritation for me. As to the exfoliant qualities-this easily removed my flakes, without feeling as if I was scraping away mindlessly at my skin with ground-up apricot pits, walnut shells or something equally over-abrasive and destructive (aka. St Ive's). I use this as a once-weekly treatment. Rinsed a lot more easily than a lot of other exfoliant-type cleansers that I've used, so I'll be keeping a mini bottle of this in my skincare stash. My gut feeling is that this may be a little too harsh for me to use every day. A fair product, anyway. I suggest getting the mini version, because a little goes a long way, and the smaller size seems to be much more sensible than their over-sized, next size up, imo.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by rainshine

To confirm the previous reviewer--this does not foam! Why buy a foaming cleanser if it doesn't do what I wanted--false advertising! Plus the formula is not anything specially good for your skin and it's overpriced, like all Bliss products.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by betteefelon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A friend of mine gave me a large sample size of this cleanser. I was excited about trying it since I generally like Bliss products. Sad to say, it is just OK. It is gentle and I think it does a decent job of cleaning my face -- also, despite other reviews, I think it did a respectable job taking off makeup, although I've only ever tried it on everyday, fairly light-handed makeup. However, it doesn't really bring anything special to the table and for the price, I can't see myself buying it. It has (sparse) little beads that add a nice texture but can't possibly be doing much of anything. It also doesn't have any real promised benefits. Fair enough, it is a cleanser and it doesn't necessarily have to promise more than that. But since there are other cleansers out there that might also help a bit while they're at it (brightening, preventing breakouts, whatever), I won't be seeking this out again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 4:52:00 AM More reviews by i11usions

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite gentle cleanser thus far. It smells nice and it cleans okay. I usually use it in the mornings and at nights only when I'm not wearing makeup or use it with a cotton ball as a pre-cleaner for my makeup removing cleanser since id doesn't remove makeup. It does not feel drying on my skin at all!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by CrazzyShiv

So it looks awesome but it probably has blue dye in it. I like the texture and the scent. It doesn't strip your skin of its natural oils and doesn't give you that tight feeling after. It does not exfoliate at all, you can feel the little particles on your face but they don't do anything. It does not take off makeup so it's great for morning but not good for evening when you have too much dirt and makeup that needs to come off. I love the packing I have a thing for all the clear packaging lol (i like seeing how much I use, it makes me feel like I am getting my moneys worth and i know when i am running out) the pump is great as well. Too expensive for such an ineffective product. Will not repurchase, if you really want to try it Seohora sells a trial size for 9 bucks.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2011 8:26:00 AM More reviews by tropical_dreams15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a luxury size of this from Sephora for free. The first thing I noticed when I used it was the scent. It smells absolutely lovely; it's floral and fresh. It foamed nicely and did remove my makeup. I have very oily, sensitive acne-prone skin and this cleanser didn't break me out or cause any irritation which is a major plus for me. The little beads aren't harsh like some other brands. I'm not sure if they actually do anything, but it's fun to massage them into your skin and encourage circulation. I love that the cleanser comes in a pump because it's easy to use and hygienic. I also love that the bottle is only slightly tinted because you always know how much product you have left.

EDIT 07/12/12
I decided to try this out again and I hate. It leaves my skin feeling dry but it also caused me to break-out. I was using Retin-A and moisturizing heavily when I first tried this cleanser out and I think that made a difference. So glad this was free because I'd be really disappointed if I paid $24 for this cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by neonpen

I think i found my HG cleanser!!! I bought the biggest one which was $34 USD. It smells amazing, It cleans my face, and it isn't too harsh. I like that it's a cleanser and exfoliator. I use this at night before i go to sleep. I will def repurchase!!!

EDIT: I use this only in the mornings now because I use my Nubian Heritage Soap at night.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 6:36:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't fault the scent or feeling of this luxurious but basic face wash. The slip is pleasurable, the beads are nice and small, it removes make up completely and skin isn't left tight. My skin is too sensitive for it, however, and the next day I had some red splodges and little bumps. Since, for me, most lines do this, I don't hold it against Bliss.
My boyfriend is able to use this with no problems; it is a bit of a boys' product, and the brand notes this when they talk about it being a good post-shave coolant or somesuch I didn't pay much attention to.