E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Aroma), Diazolidinyl Urea May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red No.33 Lake (CI 17200), Blue No.1 (CI 42090), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035)

on 8/24/2011 7:56:00 PM

I say I wouldn't buy this again because it's simply just not my favorite highlighter and I'll never use all of it. If you use it sparingly, the result is pretty nice, but I'm being completely serious when I say that a little goes a long way. A pea size amount, and your cheekbones are crazy shiny. I haven't tried this on my brow bone, but I'm sure the effect will be the same.

on 8/24/2011 4:30:00 PM

I bought the pink version of this to use as a highlight on my cheek bones. It's extremely pigmented, which was disappointing. I think this works better as a cream blush than as a highlight. It also has a lot of noticeable glitter that migrated from my cheekbones to the rest of my face. And finally the smell... I couldn't stand it. I think they tried to give it a citrus scent but it smells too strong and artificial, kind of like scented plastic. Will not purchase again. I tossed mine in the trash.

on 8/8/2011 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is a VERY pigmented and VERY shimmery cream highlighter that comes in a tube. The color is more of a silvery taupe and has no trace of lilac as the name, "Lilac Petal" suggests. It has a subtle sugary orange scent which does not linger. The tube should last quite a while as all you need is a few dabs. When I applied it directly to my cheek it seemed to dry quickly making it difficult to spread around and was VERY shimmery. I prefer to mix a TINY amount with my moisturizer for a subtle glow. Unfortunately, when I tried it as an all over glow (mixed with moisturizer) my face was still too shimmery. It's best used as a highlighter (cheeks, brow bone, Cupid's bow).
I believe a more warmer tone may work better for me in the summertime when I'm tan (maybe Toasted or Golden Peach).

on 8/5/2011 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I give this product an overall 4 lippies because in my experience using the shimmering facial whip has been fantastic except for one flaw which is the formula separates in the tube & doesn't mix together well at all.I have and use the Pink Lemonade which I love to place on my cheekbones,bridge of nose & cupids bow, a little goes a long way which seems like a good thing but in reality isn't since within 2 months I realized the product started to separate, instead of the pinky-creamy whip it's now a clear-off white watery liquid.
I doubt I will repurchase this product and instead stick with the All Over stick by E.l.f or the Shimmer Palette by E.l.f.

on 7/19/2011 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

MAYBE I would buy this again...maybe. I have a feeling I'm going to have this little tube a very long time. It's tiny but a little goes a very long way. I bought it in Spotlight at Target for $1. I just wanted something fun to play with to add some highlights here and there, now and then.
I have applied it to the inner corners of my eyes, my browbones, and cheekbones. Just a pinhead-sized dot in the middle of your lower lip looks nice, too.
You can either use your finger or a q-tip to put it on but it does dry pretty quickly, so it's a little hard to blend. I almost always put this on under my foundation and eye makeup to keep the glitter to a minimum. I am debating mixing a little of it with my moisturizer to apply to specific areas to sheer it out and spread it just a little easier.
It does wear well and for a buck, you can't beat it.

on 7/15/2011 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

This was okay. It was too watery for my liking, and I just could not get it to work where I wanted it to. I've found other products to be far superior

on 7/15/2011 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have this in Lilac petal and Spotlight. The consistency is quite liquidy (a bit more with Spotlight than with Lilac petal) but both colors are just so beautiful. For the price they are excellent. It tends to separate in the tube though and even shaking it doesn't help as a few drops of clear liquid usually come out before the product does. It can be especially annoying if there's no sink or tissue nearby. Because of this problem I have poured the Facial whip in a small container which has made it a lot easier to use. I will report if the stuff will dry out or change consistency but for now it works great.
They have a sugary orange scent that is quite pleasant, but I think a lot of people might not like it. For the price these are excellent.
I would advise everyone to get the e.l.f. Shimmer palette instead, it contains 4 colors which are the same as these whips but it's so much easier to use.

I have this in spotlight ( a great white highlight ) I use this when I want extra glow! I love it, but I dont find myself using it all that often. I was very impressed since it was only a buck. I have oily skin and this never broke me out or irratated my skin. Its only a dollar and worth a try!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I LOVE this!!! I bought this at Target for only $1. The color I have is Spotlight. I think it makes my face feel moisturized. Plus I love all the sparkles it puts on your face. I would absolutely buy this again. (:

on 6/28/2011 1:46:00 AM

I got this in lilac petal and spot light (i really want the peachish colored one but Target was out..) and I really like them! I have been applying them differently, depending on my mood and/or how detailed I want to be with my makeup. Sometimes, after my foundation I will dab it on my cheeck bones and up around the outside of my orbital bone. Ya know, that usual c shape. and I will either use a stipling brush or my fingers. After on my foundation, which I never powder, I will add blush, bronzer, and whatever to my eyes. On my simpler make up days, after I apply my tinted moisturizer (which is actually my moisturizer, not like those weird foundation like tinted moisturizer things) I apply the facial whip like I mentioned before. Then I might lightly dust my face with my EL mineral powder to take the shine out of other areas of my face. Then bronzer etc.
Some people complained that this made them look like a disco ball or whatever. I don't really see how thats possible, unless if you just don't know how to apply it. It can really go directly on the cheeks or other flat surface on the face (like you wouldn't just put it right on the forehead..) its meant to high light.... so like on the tops of cheek bones on the cupid bow of the lip, on the brow bone. Hope this helps.
I really like the smell and it only lasts about a second. And both of my tubes didn't have the weird seperation that other people mentioned.
All in all, for a buck this is a fantastic product!!

Popular Blush Products