April 18, 2014 | 1297 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Shimmering Facial Whip

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by danammelvin

I got this in lilac petal and spot light (i really want the peachish colored one but Target was out..) and I really like them! I have been applying them differently, depending on my mood and/or how detailed I want to be with my makeup. Sometimes, after my foundation I will dab it on my cheeck bones and up around the outside of my orbital bone. Ya know, that usual c shape. and I will either use a stipling brush or my fingers. After on my foundation, which I never powder, I will add blush, bronzer, and whatever to my eyes. On my simpler make up days, after I apply my tinted moisturizer (which is actually my moisturizer, not like those weird foundation like tinted moisturizer things) I apply the facial whip like I mentioned before. Then I might lightly dust my face with my EL mineral powder to take the shine out of other areas of my face. Then bronzer etc.
Some people complained that this made them look like a disco ball or whatever. I don't really see how thats possible, unless if you just don't know how to apply it. It can really go directly on the cheeks or other flat surface on the face (like you wouldn't just put it right on the forehead..) its meant to high light.... so like on the tops of cheek bones on the cupid bow of the lip, on the brow bone. Hope this helps.
I really like the smell and it only lasts about a second. And both of my tubes didn't have the weird seperation that other people mentioned.
All in all, for a buck this is a fantastic product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by xoxsabrinaxox

This product was OK. I loved my lilac petal one it was a great color and a amazing highlight. But the second i opened my toasted one it sprayed every were and it was all separated. Even after i shock it it was still all watery.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by lychee28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to just use eyeshadow to get the "dewy" look, but NEVER AGAIN now that I have this product. AMAZING!

After applying my foundation and powder, I put just a bit on my cheekbones and my nose and then put blush and bronzer over and I'm set! It STILL shows through and looks very natural. This products gives me the perfect glow and it smells great.

I take very well care of my skin but with this stuff I always get even more compliments on my skin!! Everyone seems to think my nose and cheeks naturally glow like that...but it'll be our little secret ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by blydia

They're really nice to use as blush because they give your cheeks a marvelous shimmery glow. For daytime probably a bit overkill though. I like the persimon one most.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by uthinkpink01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is awful! It separates in the container, so even if you shake it when you go to squirt it out you first get this watery liquid that will stain fabric if you get it on your clothes. You end up losing a significant amount just trying to get to the usable part of the product. When you do finally get the actual product out there's not much color, you're just going to end up putting a crap ton of shimmer on your face. The texture is crappy, it does not blend well and it just ends up looking smeary and splotchy on you. I threw mine out and will not be repurchasing. Total waste of your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2011 5:30:00 AM More reviews by socalgirl01

Biggest waste of a dollar, maybe mine were defective, but it was like the product had separated in the tube, and had to be mixed by squeezing the tube and even then the product came out separated and gross, it was an oily feeling product that came out. i had the same thing happen to the second one i bought as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by SwirlBaby83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Im on a budget these days so I'm basically using this until I can responsibly purchase Nars Albatross. I may even like this better than Albatross because it shows up more dewy. I only use this to highlight the tops of my cheekbones and around to my browbone. It gives me that glowy look that I only get when I'm sweating like a sinner in church. This illuminates and enhances subtly as opposed to the panicked perspiration that may come over ones face upon imagining an eternity of hell fire.....Much more attractive :) It even looks good in pictures. I like it. For 1 dollar I love it! In the famous words of Hunter, "works for me."

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Jacqui46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was nice, but after a few weeks, I noticed my pores on my nose and on my cheeks were getting larger and larger...uggh!!! I stopped using it and after a few months, finally got those pores under control.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by ChynnaM09

This is such an awesome buy! You can't beat the price for this product. It's so great for highlighting your cheek bones and your nose. Which is exactly what I use this for. I love it! It has just the right amount of shimmer to it, to reflect light.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by krisvrn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Got peach glow. Works well and great price!