December 20, 2014 | 908 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No 5 Sensual Elixir

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2007 4:00:00 PM More reviews by atlantaz3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had not purchased Chanel scents prior to this one - they were too heavy and old fashioned for me. This scent is light almost powdery, very soft and romantic. My husband gave me the bottle for Christmas. I like the gel as I'm not into perfumes that bruise easily. I wear this to work almost every day, my only reason for one less lipstick is that I think it disappears too quickly, but my hubbie says he can still smell it on me at bedtime -so I guess not!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2007 12:55:00 AM More reviews by SBMD

A lighter version of the classic scent that comes in a sleek clear glass bottle and a stopper with the intertwined "c's." It's less soapy than the original on me. I can still detect the aldehydes but that's the best part of # 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2006 8:48:00 PM More reviews by sdward

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just bought my second bottle of Sensual Elixir. It is my very favorite and wear it every day. It is a very soft powdery version of Chanel 5. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2006 9:21:00 PM More reviews by indiangirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Elixir Sensuelle is like #5 topped with the fizz of champagne to lighten the notes. Sensational!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2006 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this No 5 Elixir! It smells wonderful and on me it lasts all day. I received a sample and I didn't realize that it was the Elixir, I thought it was the regular No. 5, but there was something lighter about it and it smelled different. It I looked at the sample and then saw that it was the Sensual Elixir and I was surprised at how similar it is to the regular No. 5, but it's warmer and softer. This smells way better on me than the regular Chanel No. 5. I'm asking my husband to get this for me for Christmas.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2006 3:40:00 PM More reviews by r2136178

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love it. It's a very light, subtle fragrance, and the bottle it comes in is classic and pretty. It's one of my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2006 12:02:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful scent! To me, this Elixir smells nothing like the original Chanel No. 5 (which was horrible and headache-inducing on me). This Elixir is softer, lighter, gentler and more natural. It contains an unusually high amount of raw, natural oils (versus the synthetics in the original Chanel No. 5), and I believe this is what gives the Elixir is soothing, natural feel and effect on the senses. It's more natural, and the body and mind (and nose!) accept it more readily. The top notes of this Elixir are sharp for a very brief moment, but then after the liquid dries on the skin it morphs into the softest scent ever. The top notes remind me of a slightly fruity, spicy powder. The middle notes settle down into a soft soapy floral that hugs close to the skin, and are very comforting and calming. The bottom notes that linger by the end of the day are gentle, clean skin scents ... the smell of clean warm skin ... clean GIRL skin .. very feminine ... I can't put my finger on it, but it smells like girl's skin. Anyone who has tried this elixir knows what I am trying to describe. The bottom notes smell like clean skin on a beautiful girl. Incredibly hard to describe, but *wow*! Heavenly. The bottom notes are soft enough to fall asleep to. They just lull you into a soft cloud of comfort and contentment. A little goes a long way with this Elixir, so only apply on pulse points, and the soft scent will travel ... it will morph and waft and envelop your whole being like a gentle whisper. 5 lippies!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2006 11:09:00 AM More reviews by ranchgirl7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love, love, love this. Perfect for layering or just on its own if you want only the most subtle hints. Although No. 5 is not my all time favourite Chanel fragrance - Coco is - the Elixir gave it a major boost. And the packaging is sooo beautiful! I love the bottle - absolutely beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2006 10:47:00 AM More reviews by dsp0705

This is absolutely the best fragrance I have tried in a long time. I've always loved #5 but couldn't wear it because it would eventually give me a headache. The elixer has all the best qualities of #5. I could bathe in this and not get sick of it. The lasting power isn't the greatest and I wish it came in a spray bottle but I'm still giving it 5 lippies because I love it so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2006 4:24:00 PM More reviews by sugarysugarcake

I guess it's in my blood to love Chanel. My grandmother could drown herself in Coco and my mother always goes back to No. 19. As a teenager, my "special occasion" fragrance was Allure. I loved it but, one spritz will do you! I always wished it was just a little less...concentrated? Now, I love No. 5. It's classy and classic, not old lady at all in my opinion. But, again...too much out of a spray. Sensual Elixer gives me the right balance. You can only smell it on me if you get close, something I like. While I have a sensitive nose, I am in no way as knowledgable about notes, drydowns, etc., so I can't testify accurately to the difference between this and the spritz. In summary, I love the No. 5 Elixer and will probably not be able to save it for those special occasions!