Chanel No 5 Sensual Elixir

4.4

I purchased this yesterday, due to the reviews on this board. It is a warm and nice long lasting fragrance. The staying power is great, and the drydown reminded me of powder. The only thing that I do not like is the packaging. I would purchase this again.

Classic, classy, sexy, elegant, timeless.
Not always but forever.
This, for me, is femininity in a bottle and the best formulation imho is the Sensual Elixir. It is, as it says, the very elixir of No.5's ingredients and blooms on my skin like i have worn the EdP for several hours about 15 minutes after applying. Vanilla and amber are stronger, jasmine, too. Some soapy rose. The sensual freshness of clean women's skin. You just want to come hither and put your nose to her downy neck.
Am i the only one to get cinnamon from it after about 10-12 hrs.? Lovely! And the bottle! Easily the most beautiful bottle in my collection. Modern but still retro-60ies-chic, with its thick transparent glass and the square engraved stopper, a piece of art itself.

Also the bath oil gives a very pure impression of the scent. Even more soapy rose here.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had not purchased Chanel scents prior to this one - they were too heavy and old fashioned for me. This scent is light almost powdery, very soft and romantic. My husband gave me the bottle for Christmas. I like the gel as I'm not into perfumes that bruise easily. I wear this to work almost every day, my only reason for one less lipstick is that I think it disappears too quickly, but my hubbie says he can still smell it on me at bedtime -so I guess not!

A lighter version of the classic scent that comes in a sleek clear glass bottle and a stopper with the intertwined "c's." It's less soapy than the original on me. I can still detect the aldehydes but that's the best part of # 5.

I just bought my second bottle of Sensual Elixir. It is my very favorite and wear it every day. It is a very soft powdery version of Chanel 5. Love it!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Elixir Sensuelle is like #5 topped with the fizz of champagne to lighten the notes. Sensational!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this No 5 Elixir! It smells wonderful and on me it lasts all day. I received a sample and I didn't realize that it was the Elixir, I thought it was the regular No. 5, but there was something lighter about it and it smelled different. It I looked at the sample and then saw that it was the Sensual Elixir and I was surprised at how similar it is to the regular No. 5, but it's warmer and softer. This smells way better on me than the regular Chanel No. 5. I'm asking my husband to get this for me for Christmas.

I love it. It's a very light, subtle fragrance, and the bottle it comes in is classic and pretty. It's one of my favorites.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful scent! To me, this Elixir smells nothing like the original Chanel No. 5 (which was horrible and headache-inducing on me). This Elixir is softer, lighter, gentler and more natural. It contains an unusually high amount of raw, natural oils (versus the synthetics in the original Chanel No. 5), and I believe this is what gives the Elixir is soothing, natural feel and effect on the senses. It's more natural, and the body and mind (and nose!) accept it more readily. The top notes of this Elixir are sharp for a very brief moment, but then after the liquid dries on the skin it morphs into the softest scent ever. The top notes remind me of a slightly fruity, spicy powder. The middle notes settle down into a soft soapy floral that hugs close to the skin, and are very comforting and calming. The bottom notes that linger by the end of the day are gentle, clean skin scents ... the smell of clean warm skin ... clean GIRL skin .. very feminine ... I can't put my finger on it, but it smells like girl's skin. Anyone who has tried this elixir knows what I am trying to describe. The bottom notes smell like clean skin on a beautiful girl. Incredibly hard to describe, but *wow*! Heavenly. The bottom notes are soft enough to fall asleep to. They just lull you into a soft cloud of comfort and contentment. A little goes a long way with this Elixir, so only apply on pulse points, and the soft scent will travel ... it will morph and waft and envelop your whole being like a gentle whisper. 5 lippies!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love, love, love this. Perfect for layering or just on its own if you want only the most subtle hints. Although No. 5 is not my all time favourite Chanel fragrance - Coco is - the Elixir gave it a major boost. And the packaging is sooo beautiful! I love the bottle - absolutely beautiful!

Popular Fragrances