August 2, 2014 | 1164 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by IrishWater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was given this in the shade 'medium' and I find it very similar to the Rimmel Stay Matte powder, which I used before I was given MAC.

I really love this powder, it mattifies my oily areas (chin, nose, forehead) but doesn't have that 'powdery look' which I like and its not obvious I have powder on those areas.

It's pretty expensive, so I wouldn't repurchase it, unless I got it on offer or something, because in Ireland it is €24.50 I think, and the Rimmel stay matte is €5.99, so there's a difference of €18.50 which is a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by yvettesb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love love love this stuff. Since I started wearing mineral based sunblock, I needed something to counter the shininess. This works and lasts most of the day. It's amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by lanid06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well I use this after my skin care and I have extremely oily skin, and without this I have to blot about 2-3 times a day :( with this, I only blot like once! :D it controls my oil for about 3-5 house, and about the 3 ish hour mark oil starts to poke through and then the good part is near the 5 th hour mark, it keeps me looking matte, not shiny, but up if when I blot I will get a full sheet used up

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by akyu615

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder will be my HG for years to come. I don't know how I controlled my grease ball of a face before I started using this. I use this over the Covergirl 3 in 1 foundation and both work beautifully in mattifying my face. I have very oily skin. This blot powder allows my face to stay matte for about 4-5 hours depending on what I am doing. Thats a winner in my book. I use the shade medium/dark

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by krcb4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am nc45ish with oily or oily/normal (oily cheeks/ nose) combo skin and use pressed version in med dark applied with ecotools powder brush or ecotools buffing brush. It doesn't give flashback with flash photog for me and it sets liquid foundation without altering the colour. It's actually the only foundation makeup product I've repurchased so far. Sometimes when doing a full face with blush/ hac I've blended it with mufe hd powder for an extra flawless look. It gives a great natural everyday finish alone over nars or Olay tm or my hg Lancôme foundation too. This gives about 2-4 hrs matte face then I look glowy but not oily for up to 6+ hours without blotting or I can blot once around 2-4 hours to stay matte 6+ hours.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by missvengeance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG big time! This is a must for me in the summer.
In the winter I have dry skin but in the summer it turns into combo.
This works like magic on my forehead, nose and chin.
Never broke out my super sensitive skin.
A must!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this last summer and I loved it. My skin is normal-combination and never really gets too oily, except this summer for some reason (perhaps because of my Clarins face sunscreen) my t-zone has gotten really shiny throughout the day! I first purchased Rimmel's Stay Matte blotting powder, but that stuff totally sucks...Yes it's only $4 CND, but it made my skin oilier than it originally was. I re-purchased this Mac blotting powder in Light for my NC15 skin, and I fell in love all over again. I add this as my finishing touch for my makeup, it sets my Clinique CC cream, my Mac cream blush, and my concealer. I don't really have to touch up throughout the day, but sometimes I do on my nose a little bit. It works wonders, a little tiny bit goes a long way and it's not too powdery or cakey at all, it doesn't mattify your makeup intensely, it still allows a healthy shine to show through. I like my makeup to look natural while keeping the shine at bay, this stuff totally delivers, and for $29 CND, you get a lot of product and a damn good product at that. I definitely recommend this over any other blotting powders. The compact is adorable too :p

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by odnewg

the powder's alright. I live in humid + hot singapore and I went out for lunch with this on top of skII foundation. after 1hour, the t zone showed shine but not to the extent that your make up starts to slide. lasting power is good enough for me. coverage is 0 but matte power will be full marks if u apply it on the right foundation, minus the type of humidity here!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by lili89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this powder. I have very

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by glamourclaire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Adore this, I will never look back! I chose it in Medium, although I am fair with rosy cheeks, this suits my skin tone perfectly. I have oily, sensitive skin. I use it over my foundation in the morning for a flawless finish and my face is still matt hours later. I have no complaints at all.
UPDATE!
My face is covered in spots! Hard lumps under the skin, all over, but really really bad on my oily areas! Avoid at all costs if you like clear skin! I'd rather shine than be covered in acne! This is the only change I made to my makeup recently so it is defo the MAC!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No