December 20, 2014 | 1662 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this when I don't put that much makeup on. It works really well on me too. It's not thick and it does everything else foundation would do for me. It lasts longer too!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- translucent
- finely milled
- never cakey
- matte finish

Cons

- poor oil control

Comments: I didn't find this to control my oil very well. That's my only issue with it. It's finely milled, so it never looks cakey and makes touch ups easier. I just didn't find it to control my oil any better than my drugstore powders.

Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by boyforever

great product. great value. wont regret buying this. thx to the makeup artist who told me to pick this to remove super shine frm my face

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by DollyMac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yesssss I need to go to MAC just for this! I used mines all never looks cakey!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by lilicansu

I am not sure about this product. I got this couple of weeks ago online. First i have been to mac counter and people there were so snobbish! I decided to buy it online. I have read so many good reviews about it. I have t only zone but when i put this powder on my face it looks cakey.. Especially on my nose, it looks horrible sometimes and i also did not like the staying power. Everyone seems to think that it is long lasting but it is not really. To be honest rimmel london stay matte powder does the same job as well, you only pay for Mac for this product so go and buy Rimmel one! Mac's is not any better!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 2:13:00 AM More reviews by 6lex10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I LOVED this powder so much for my dry-combination skin. It kept me matte for almost the entire day, and wouldn't leave me cakey when I touched up throughout the day. I recommend it for anyone with dry-combination to oil skin. That being said I'll review it more fully in depth. . .
Pros: Inexpensive for a higher end powder. Due to it being a pressed powder compact it's something that you can store in a makeup bag, purse, or bookbag and it's very easy to reapply, unlike a loose powder. It is very mattifying without leaving you cakey-faced. It keeps your face looking and feeling matte for around 5 hours.
Cons: The only reason I wouldn't repurchase this product is because it's hard to get the product onto your brush. I literally have to scrape the product to get the powder to transfer onto my powder brush. Mac would do everyone a favor if they made it with the same ingredients in a loose version. Yes I'm aware they do make Blot Loose Powder, but I heard it uses different ingredients and doesn't even come close to the original.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

SKIN BACKGROUND: Oily, sensitive and acne prone.

I have this in Medium and I am an NC 30. Does not really give any coverage. Just mattifies the skin.

I usually blot off excess oil with Kleenex Oil Blotting Sheets(purple packaging with flowers on it. Google it if you do not know). Gets all the oil right off and then I use this powder to set everything in place. My makeup looks as good as new! This product comes with a puff too which is handy for touch ups throughout the day. Once I use this for touch ups, it lasts for about 4 hours before I get oily and will need for a touch up again. But I do not mind because of the packaging and the puff that is super convenient for touch ups! ;)

This is a staple in my purse now and I do not know what I would do if I do not have this powder. One of my holy grail product definitely! Saves my oily skin. Does not break me out. Does not irritate my skin.

Used this about 5/7 days of the week and this lasts me about 7 months!

Already on my second compact yayyy! Will continue repurchasing this till forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by loveisblind1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder does run light. I am a NC15-20 and I got it in Medium. Good thing I didn't get Light! I think this powder works well in soaking up oily skin, but under certain circumstances.

I find it mattifies my forehead and nose completely, better than any powder I've used. However, when I actually do need to blot (4-5 hours later), my makeup sometimes sifts a bit in oily areas like around my nose. When you place the powder on after the makeup has shifted (due to oiliness), it highlights the uneven makeup. I find you have to buff this powder into these problem areas to smooth out what has been shifted.

If you have dry patches, they will be dry and cakey. You have to have the lightest hand to apply this. I gently pat it on my problem areas with the puff and use a stippling brush to smooth out the cakiness (or use a setting spray to take away some of the cakiness/powderiness). This isn't very convenient for me since this powder should really be a ready-to-go product (Put in your purse and head out the door).

I find it works if you're not wearing much skin product and your skin does not have any dry flakes. Me, often wearing medium coverage foundation and concealer, find placing this on top, makes my makeup look more heavy. I feel it is better to use it after you applied your makeup and before you get oily. If you use too much, you can feel it on your skin and I hate that feeling.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 5:11:00 AM More reviews by IloveShuUemura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have really oily T-zone and I will need to blot up to 4 times a day. I have tried so many different products to stop the shine but nothing just worked. My friends told me about the M.A.C pressed powder and was super crazy over it. I've been hesitating on whether should i purchase it or not because it isn't cheap. However I decided to give it a try. Well, it disappointed me again this time. Not surprise. It held a little longer than other powders but still not what I wanted. Then one day, I don't know why, with bare face, I apply this powder on my face and went to do house chores. Surprisingly, after my house chores, THERE ISN'T ANY SHINE ON MY T-ZONE. So I guess this works for me without makeup. Great product but not what I wanted.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by therealiluvbmx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok I have to re edit my review.

From 4 lippies I changed it to 2 lippies. This broke me out with small little bumps all around my jaw line and chin area. It's horrible! At first I thought this was the best oil controlling powder ever but the more I use it the more I hate it and it doesn't seem to work... After an hour my face already full of oil and no matter how much I put more it just doesn't work! I went back to rimmel stay matte and it's so much better than this one, and it's much cheaper!!! I don't think I'll purchase a powder for more than $5 anymore!