Alba Botanica Sea Plus Renewal Night Cream

3.9

Not tested on animals

Ingredients Purified water, certified organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, glyceryl stearate SE, vegetable glycerin, aleurites moluccana seed oil, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, sorbitan stearate, stearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, polysorbate 60, dimethicone, sorbitol, certified organic simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, stearic acid, squalane, sodium PCA, allantoin, alpha lipoic acid, DMAE, polysorbate 20, extracts of spirulina maxima (algae), ulva lactuca (sea lettuce), laminaria digitata (kelp), chondrus crispus (irish moss) and macrocystis pyrifera (kelp), citrus grandis (grapefruit) fruit, cucumis sativus (cucumber) seed, arnica montana flower, anacyclus pyrethrum root and camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extracts, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C), phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, potassium sorbate, sodium hyaluronate and fragrance (parfum).5/23/09

First of all, it's very thick. The next day, it immediately give me tiny bumps. Also, the smell is horrible. If it have any good antioxidants, the jar packaging would mean that it will be in-effective in a few weeks. Good thing CVS let me return it.

First of all, let me say that I don't believe any product, no matter what company makes it or what ingredients it contains, is going to make my 37 year old face look 19 again. That said, this lotion performs far better at making my skin look and feel softer than anything I've tried before. For my combo skin, this is a winter-only product. I had dry patches on my cheeks that wouldn't respond to anything (I got so desperate I even applied Aquaphor to my face). I picked up the Alba cream at Whole Foods, tried it for 2 days, and presto, the dry patches were no more. I didn't do anything else different, either. I've used the cream for one week now, with no breakouts or any increase in oiliness. My skin stays soft and comfortable all day, and I find I'm applying less makeup to my face overall. Also, since I put this on right before bed, I don't have to smell the fragrance (which some may find strong and a little like aftershave) for very long. I do wish it didn't come in a pot (I hate sticking my fingers in my face cream, but I just make sure to wash my hands first). At this price point and with such good results, I'll gladly smell like grandpa for those few minutes before I fall asleep. This is a definite re-buy!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

i believe this is going into HG status. i have been using it for over a month and haven't had any problems. i have very dry skin and this manages to make it very soft and moisturized! i use it during the day under my sunscreen and at night. it is a very, very thick cream so i use a few drops of vegetable glycerine to make it creamier and easier to spread. i would recommend this to anyone who has dry (and, i mean dry, flaky winter dry) skin. i don't notice the scent.

EDIT: it saddens me to say this moisturizer has fallen off the holy grail pedestal. it seems to have stopped working and i got tired of having to add glyercine to make it work. it needs to work straight out of the bottle. after awhile, it seems that it was just sitting on top of my skin and i didn't feel more moisturized at all. i still have 1/2 a tub left and i'm not pleased. the search continues....

I really like Alba products. I use one of their cleansers and toners with great success so I thought I would try this as a cheaper alternative to the MAC mosturizer I had been using for years. Well, it broke me out into these weird little red bumps all over my cheeks. I wasn't sure if it was from the mosturizer for sure, but within days of stopping using it they cleared up. I tried the mosturizer again a few months later, and again the bumps showed up. I am sticking with my MAC mosturizer now.

This reminds me a lot of La Mer in its consistency. I noticed when I first opened the jar, that it only contained half the product, maybe due to settling or the nature of this cream? It is very thick, almost like Crisco and seems to be kind of greasy which I don't like. However, despite the thickness and oily texture, it didn't cause any breakouts. I only gave it a 4 because it is difficult to apply, you really do have to use the La Mer method of rubbing between your fingers first. Seems to be a good cream though, but so far, I prefer AB's Jasmine and vitamin E cream. Will have to update in a month.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff during the winter. I have very sensitive skin and rosacea and this did not promote any sort of reaction or breakouts. It is great during the winter with dry skin but during the summer I only use it if I am feeling dry because otherwise its a bit too heavy. Also, even during the winter I only use it at night because I feel its a bit too heavy for day. I wake up all plump and moist. Its great!

I'm on the fence about this cream. It smells nice, it doesn't break me out and It leaves my skin soft. I don't really like the texture of the cream it's just to thick, I wish it was softer, more creamy. Maybe I will try the Sea lipids cream, that seemed more creamy in texture. As of now I would not buy this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

FIRST OF ALL I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU FOR INVENTING THIS PRODUCT.. A FRIEND OF MINE MENTIONED THAT SHE'S USING ALBA PRODUCTS BECAUSE OF HER BREAK OUT SO SHES GOING WITH GREEN STUFF BUT SHE DIDN'T MENTION WHICH ONE, BUT YESTERDAY I WENT TO THE STORE AND GOT THIS MOISTURIZER COZ IM 27 AND MY LINES AND HAVE DRY SKIN SO DECIDED GO WITH THIS.. WHEN I SAW MY BOYFRIEND THAT NIGHT HE COMPLIMENT HOW I LOOKED AND I GUESS ITS BECAUSE OF THIS MOISTURIZER AND STILL NOW EARLY IN THE MORNING IM LOVING IT AND IT FEELS SMOOTH AND MAKES ME LOOK SO MUCH YOUNGER MAYBE 22 HAHAAHHA
U GUYS WONT REGRET GETTING THIS AND ITS WORTH THE MONEY TOO :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've used the Sea Lipids Moisturizer and loved it but my skin has become so dry recently so I thought I'd give this a try. Sea Plus is a rich, thick cream that does the job but doesn't leave me greasy. I've never noticed the scent of Sea Lipids but Sea Plus is exactly like that of the mask from this line, a very fresh aquatic smell. I can see how it would bother some people but I've never been bothered by it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a very nice moisturizer for fall/winter/spring. It's very moisturizing without being greasy. It leaves my sensitive skin soft and supple. I wouldn't use it in summer though because it really adds moisture. It also has a very nice smell. Good stuff!