Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer

3.7

PPD: 5, Active Ingredients: Octisalate 5.00%, Oxybenzone 5.00%, Avobenzone 3.00% Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Isopropyl PPG-2-Isodeceth-7,Carboxylate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Polyester-8,Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Coffea Robusta Seed Extract, Echinacea Pallida (Coneflower Extract), Rosemarinus Officianlis (Rosemary) Extract, Padina Pavonica (Thallis) Extract, Petrolatum, Sea Whip Extract, Jojoba Esters, Adenosine Phosphate, Disodium NADH, Rehalose, Creatine, Sodium RNA, Caffeine, Nordhydroguaiaretic Acid, Sodium DNA, Phytosphingosine, Linoleic Acid, Cholesterol, Ferulic Acid, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sucrose, Micrococcus Lysate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Cetearyl Glycoside, Laurdimonium Hydropropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Dimethiconol, Lecithin, Algae Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Proplene Glycol Dicaprate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Maltodextrin, C1-8 Alkyl Tetrahydroxycyclohexanoate,Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Polyethylene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Zeolite, Behenyl Alcohol, Hydroxymethylcellulose, Polysorbate 80, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Coploymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tromethamine, Decarboxy Carnosine HCL, Xathan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Sulfate, Disodim EDTA, Phenoxyethanol [ILN34338]

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I got this as a gift and hence it is not the one for my specific skin type (combination oily), I got the one for combination dry. But I decided to try it anyway since my skin is a little dehydrated anyway and I need that decent SPF.
So I use it over the moisturizer from the 3step Anti-Blemish system that I bought, and I must say I am very impressed with it. Not only that it does not grease out my skin (and it could easily do this since more nourishing that my skin type requires) it gives it a certain little mattish glow and it smoothes the texture which makes it an optimal (the best I tried so far) foundation primer.
I love it! I also love the no-smell smell of it (I like that Clinique smell I must admit...) because l am a little fed up with all the fruity-smelling anti-oxidant creams from other companies, some are really too much for me too bear for daily use... they interfere with my perfume...

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have sensitive skin and breakout very easily in reaction to many products. This moisturizer does not cause my skin to breakout and I love how it feels when I put it on in the mornings. I purchased the formula for oily/combination skin and use it mostly in the fall/winter. I love that it does not contain fragrance but has a healthy dose of spf. I prefer this moisturizer over their DDL. Essentially, I'm paying $42.50 + tax for a standard moisturizer with moderate sun protection that does not irritate my face- no more, no less- which is fine by me. I don't believe this moisturizer is the source of fountain of youth (although my skin looks more even-toned), but I'm a realistic person who is not in constant pursuit for miracles.

My only gripe is the packaging. I hate putting my fingers into the jar even after I wash my hands.
I'm on my third jar and will be doing cartwheels when I see this on the counters in better packaging.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

One of my favourite moisturisers. Really nice for my dry skin, and make up blends nicely on top of it, which is really important for me when I try a new moisturiser.

I got this as a GWP and used it every day for about a month. It's moisturizing but still feels light on my skin (dry combination). Plus it doesn't break me out at all. The only reason why I wouldn't repurchase it is the jar packaging...I don't think it's good for the antioxidants in this. :( When they put it in a tube I will be the first to buy it!

I like the fact that it has a decent SPF, but the cream feels greasy and the smell it's rather unpleasant. It is probably quite efficient in protecting and moisturising the skin, but I didn't feel comfortable using it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really love this stuff. I purchased a jar years ago and liked it, but I am always wanting to try new things. Recently, I received this as a gift with purchase, and fell in love all over again. First, you feel like the SPF 25 is really good for protecting your skin. Then, the moisturizing qualities felt really good on my skin, which is fairly normal, sometimes bordering on dry. My plan is to use this in colder months, when my skin gets really dry, and use my Olay Complete for warmer months when my skin is more normal.

I have extremely dry skin in the fall/winter and I'm oily in my t-zone during late spring/summer. I also have extmreley sensitive skin.

I hated this product.

It left my face greasy without actually calming my dry skin. Imagine what I looked like--greasy and still had visible dry skin. It also clogged my pores wickedly--blackheads everywhere--and I had to discontinue use immediately as it broke me out pretty badly.

I really like the results I have been getting with this product. I use the version for dry/combination skin. As concerned as I am about negative environmental effects on my skin, I was mainly drawn to its promise of combating the effects of emotional stress on skin. Emotional stress seems to be my biggest problem. Under-eye circles and breakouts occur the millisecond something stressful crosses my mind. I hate hormones! Anyway, this keeps my skin in good condition with minimal breakouts. I also love the SPF factor (SPF 25 is higher than what a lot of other moisturizers give you). I think it's pretty expensive at $45, especially for Clinique (and I worked at Macy's at the time and had an employee discount), but if you ever want a GWP, a PWP, or a fantastic lightweight moisturizer with good SPF that is great to your skin, this is it.

*Note: I am editing this review. I love this moisturizer! It is the perfect consistency. Again, I'm sad it's so pricey, but it really is worth it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

even though i loved this cream its very light and is instantly absorbed , perfect for my combo skin i have decided to stop using it because it contains OXYBENZONE a not so healthy sunscreen. Sorry but when i read this at the bottom of the jar i decided to stop using it. Sorry clinique.

I really wanted to like this product! On the outside it looks perfect, dry/combo, spf 25, anti-aging and all that. The first thing I noticed was the smell.. it smells like tea tree oil mixed with sun screen! But hey, if it works, it's fine, so I tried it. It stung when I applied it. In the afternoon my skin was already feeling very tight, although I had a kindof greasy layer still on my skin...
..But my skin looked better, less lines, more smooth.. and after a week the tightness started to get better.. so I continued.
It is now 1,5 weeks later and I am starting to have a huge breakout everywhere on my cheeks (I never have breakouts!). Bottom line: this is not working for me.