Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer

3.7

PPD: 5, Active Ingredients: Octisalate 5.00%, Oxybenzone 5.00%, Avobenzone 3.00% Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Isopropyl PPG-2-Isodeceth-7,Carboxylate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Polyester-8,Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Coffea Robusta Seed Extract, Echinacea Pallida (Coneflower Extract), Rosemarinus Officianlis (Rosemary) Extract, Padina Pavonica (Thallis) Extract, Petrolatum, Sea Whip Extract, Jojoba Esters, Adenosine Phosphate, Disodium NADH, Rehalose, Creatine, Sodium RNA, Caffeine, Nordhydroguaiaretic Acid, Sodium DNA, Phytosphingosine, Linoleic Acid, Cholesterol, Ferulic Acid, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sucrose, Micrococcus Lysate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Cetearyl Glycoside, Laurdimonium Hydropropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Dimethiconol, Lecithin, Algae Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Proplene Glycol Dicaprate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Maltodextrin, C1-8 Alkyl Tetrahydroxycyclohexanoate,Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Polyethylene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Zeolite, Behenyl Alcohol, Hydroxymethylcellulose, Polysorbate 80, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Coploymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tromethamine, Decarboxy Carnosine HCL, Xathan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Sulfate, Disodim EDTA, Phenoxyethanol [ILN34338]

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

One of my favourite moisturisers. Really nice for my dry skin, and make up blends nicely on top of it, which is really important for me when I try a new moisturiser.

on 6/21/2010 9:57:00 AM

I got this as a GWP and used it every day for about a month. It's moisturizing but still feels light on my skin (dry combination). Plus it doesn't break me out at all. The only reason why I wouldn't repurchase it is the jar packaging...I don't think it's good for the antioxidants in this. :( When they put it in a tube I will be the first to buy it!

on 6/14/2010 5:30:00 PM

I like the fact that it has a decent SPF, but the cream feels greasy and the smell it's rather unpleasant. It is probably quite efficient in protecting and moisturising the skin, but I didn't feel comfortable using it.

on 6/13/2010 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really love this stuff. I purchased a jar years ago and liked it, but I am always wanting to try new things. Recently, I received this as a gift with purchase, and fell in love all over again. First, you feel like the SPF 25 is really good for protecting your skin. Then, the moisturizing qualities felt really good on my skin, which is fairly normal, sometimes bordering on dry. My plan is to use this in colder months, when my skin gets really dry, and use my Olay Complete for warmer months when my skin is more normal.

on 5/11/2010 5:19:00 AM

I have extremely dry skin in the fall/winter and I'm oily in my t-zone during late spring/summer. I also have extmreley sensitive skin.

I hated this product.

It left my face greasy without actually calming my dry skin. Imagine what I looked like--greasy and still had visible dry skin. It also clogged my pores wickedly--blackheads everywhere--and I had to discontinue use immediately as it broke me out pretty badly.

on 5/7/2010 11:11:00 PM

I really like the results I have been getting with this product. I use the version for dry/combination skin. As concerned as I am about negative environmental effects on my skin, I was mainly drawn to its promise of combating the effects of emotional stress on skin. Emotional stress seems to be my biggest problem. Under-eye circles and breakouts occur the millisecond something stressful crosses my mind. I hate hormones! Anyway, this keeps my skin in good condition with minimal breakouts. I also love the SPF factor (SPF 25 is higher than what a lot of other moisturizers give you). I think it's pretty expensive at $45, especially for Clinique (and I worked at Macy's at the time and had an employee discount), but if you ever want a GWP, a PWP, or a fantastic lightweight moisturizer with good SPF that is great to your skin, this is it.

*Note: I am editing this review. I love this moisturizer! It is the perfect consistency. Again, I'm sad it's so pricey, but it really is worth it.

on 4/21/2010 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

even though i loved this cream its very light and is instantly absorbed , perfect for my combo skin i have decided to stop using it because it contains OXYBENZONE a not so healthy sunscreen. Sorry but when i read this at the bottom of the jar i decided to stop using it. Sorry clinique.

on 4/20/2010 5:32:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product! On the outside it looks perfect, dry/combo, spf 25, anti-aging and all that. The first thing I noticed was the smell.. it smells like tea tree oil mixed with sun screen! But hey, if it works, it's fine, so I tried it. It stung when I applied it. In the afternoon my skin was already feeling very tight, although I had a kindof greasy layer still on my skin...
..But my skin looked better, less lines, more smooth.. and after a week the tightness started to get better.. so I continued.
It is now 1,5 weeks later and I am starting to have a huge breakout everywhere on my cheeks (I never have breakouts!). Bottom line: this is not working for me.

This stuff saved my face. As im getting oldermy skin changed. I have combo skin (dry-combo). I was looking for something that helped with signs of aging as well as keep my dry spots moisturized and my ioly pots under control.I use it morning and at night. I have always used moisture surge (pink one) but was told by the women at the counter that is more for an "instant" moisture boost and isnt meant to retain moisture. So she reccomened this! NO BREAKS OUTS! skin looks dewey and healthy...my face is healing from previous blemishes. No more dry flaky areas, keeps my oiliness at bay! Love this stuff. Wish it had a pump for a more sanitary application. But overall wonderful product. Oh yeah! and price is kind of steep but worth every penny.

on 4/12/2010 6:12:00 AM

To JoCD: I also got the line that you have to use this product in top of the 3-step skin care program, ie on top of the Dramatically Different ML. The DDML, I was told, hydrates the skin and 'regulates the pH of the skin' (or some such) but the SuperDefense has a whole lot of other benefits. (It was hardly a great advert for the DDML.) Anyway, I tried using both and found that my skin was not too happy. It felt heavy and over-moisturised, especially as the SuperDefense has quite a thick texture. Surely just one is enough, I thought. Probably Clinique is just trying to make more money out of me by selling me two products instead of one.

So I stopped, and now just use SuperDefense by itself (after the clarifying lotion), and save the DDML as an occasional night moisturiser. I like the SuperDefense, although whether or not it has any anti-ageing effect remains to be seen, as you say. I do appreciate its SPF benefit, which obviously the DDML does not have. And I like Clinique because of the fragrance-free aspect. I have nearly finished the sample I got at the Clinique counter, and I will probably buy a new jar. But I'll get it online. Where I live Clinique products bought over the counter are much more expensive than in the US and this one, in particular, is quite spendy. (Clinique has unbelievable cheek to charge its non-US customers so much.)

Popular Moisturizers