October 31, 2014 | 1633 users online

Powder - Maybelline - PureStay Powder Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by jadins_mommy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hate always putting a liquid foundation on my face so I was looking more into powders and mineral foundations etc. I remember I used this back in high school and I dont know why I stopped. As Im getting older, I am becoming more health conscious and I dont like liquids anymore on my face. I have been breaking out from trying different face washes, and foundations. I ended up buying this powder foundation again and I LOVE it! It gives me a full coverage. It doesnt make me shiny and its so easy to take anywhere with me if I need little touch ups throughout the day. It pretty much stays on without needing any touchups.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by kabanger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I probably won't buy it again it's too light I have Ivory 801. It doesn't cover as good as liquid does.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by michelrasmussen

I love this powder foundation! It is fast and easy to apply and it covers just as well as liquid foundations. I have plenty of imperfections and acne scars to cover and this does the job. I love how it gives full coverage and still looks natural - not too heavy or cakey

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by caomei2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

one use & it broke me out horribly!
    my chin had a few cystic pimples and it lasted for like a month or more. :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

This product is a concrete answer to the age old question mothers have asked their kids since the dawn of time, "if everyone jumped off a bridge, would you?!" Now I did sort of reply to that in my review of Nutty eye shadow by Wet N Wild (lovely but I knew it was not gonna work with my coloring BEFORE I got it), but here is the definitive answer. Why am I buying this when I have dry skin and it looks orangey before I even have it ON my face?! How can THAT bode well for me?! The real reason behind this is MUA!!!! 6 bucks for great skin?! Everyone here loves the stuff, the reviews are so compelling I jumped right off that bridge! I am not saying no ds foundation is praiseworthy. I really like Cover Girl's Aquasmoothers (cream in a blue HUGE compact!) and some others, I just think a bargain is something that for its price, performs well above expectations.

I do have an oily t-zone, though the rest of my skin is very dry so maybe this is all on me? Maybe I had no business buying it in the first place. That said, I'm not sure I even truly understand this product. Is it a compact version of powder foundations such as Bare Minersals/Essentials and the like? Then why no coverage whatsoever? Hmmm, is it just a powder to set makeup? The name implies otherwise. I have been trying to get some use of it to tone down some redness on my eyelids, but despite the fact its barely noticeable, this does not cover even that.
    Props only for not breaking out my highly sensitive skin. Other than that, not much good I can say. I wanted this to be a quick swipe and go makeup for lazy days or when in a rush. My skin, once fairly red in some areas, has long since been behaving decently again and is clear, so the coverage I need/want, is minimal at best. I must surmise that those who love it have perfect skin or near perfect.
    Without testers (most makeup testers), its always a feat to find a color match first try. However, I will not give it another go. Sure its inexpensive, but if its useless for me, then its no bargain.
    I really cannot fault the product which is surely beloved by so many because it performs well and suits their skin tone and type. The stuff simply doesnt suit me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by jenam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This powder has alot of really great qualities- great price, good coverage, good lasting power, and easy to apply (I really liked the sponge that came with it). I was hoping that it would replace my Studio Fix. I used it happily for a few weeks and then my skin started breaking out. Once I stopped using it my skin cleared. So my search continues.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an excellent setting powder or foundation powder. I don't use it as a foundation by itself but I do use this for afternoon touchups. It keep the oilies at bay and gives a nice matte finish.

I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Pretty decent. I have pale olive skin and rarely do drugstore foundations match my skin (most are dark & very pink or orange). Well this one matches pretty close (except it's a tad too light). I still miss my CG powder but this is a pretty decent 2nd. I'm going to do a comparison between the CG powder & this.

Maybelline's coverage is lacking
    CG's coverage is about medium

Maybelline's can go on powdery
    CG blends into skin and looks more natural

Maybelline's compact is sleek and comes with a sponge applicator
    CG's compact is average and comes with a low quality pouf

In all honesty I miss CG & wish their foundations lacked the pink. This is a good setting powder or foundation if you have nice skin. Alone the coverage is very lacking.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by CopperGoddess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I originally bought this powder just so I could put some quick coverage on when I forgot my makeup case at home, and it was only $6.50 at walmart so I figured hey, if I hate it, it's cheap and I can just keep it in my emergency kit at work. Forgetting my makeup case? Brilliant. If I hadn't done that I wouldn't have found my new HG summer foundation. This stuff is light, but still gives noticeable coverage and stays for HOURS without showing my greasy skin. My only critique would be that the color tends to run on the pinker side of things, which is ok because I wear bronzer over it, but still, it shows under fluorescent lighting which is irksome.
    Will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by shiherostar

This is my go to foundation in the summer! I just happened to stumble upon this last year and I fell in love. Just need to wash face, moisturize and add this powder on a hot and sunny day. I like that it also contains spf!
    I decided to buy duo matte by makeup forever and the maybelline does just as good of a job. This is one of those drugstore gems!

I too agree that the packaging could be more snazzy, but oh well...a great product is a great product. I will be using this every summer, so I hope they keep it around.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No