Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch

4.4

AQUA/WATER,CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE,GLYCERIN,PROPYLENE GLYCOL,ALUMINA,OZOKERITE,TOCOPHEROL, PHENOXYETHANOL,MAGNESIUM SULFATE,SILICA,ACRYLATES COPOLYMER,DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE,DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE,METHYLPARABEN,BUTYLPARABEN,ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE.[+/- CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE,CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES,MICA]

on 1/22/2010 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Being of Indian descent, I have been fighting with dark undereye circles for the longest time. I have tried countless concealers and this one is the only one I keep repurchasing.

What I love about it:
- its texture: not too creamy, not too liquid
- melts into the skin
- it leaves skin looking very natural
- it is buildable
- can be blended with foundation
- fine applicator tip allows precise application
- lasts a long time; 3-4 months with everyday use

What I don't like about it:
- it is quite expensive; it retails for around 30
- it creases very slightly;

on 11/21/2009 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I agree with the positive reviews: this liquid concealer is very pigmented, covers well, and has a lovely creamy texture. It has enough creaminess to blend easily, but not too much. Some concealers are so creamy and emollient that they don't last; this product gets it right. Though there are not many shades, 3.5 is a perfect match for my skin tone. The only thing that is negative for me is the tiny-skinny brush. This brush works if you are covering a blemish, but if you are using this for the undereye area, the skinny brush is problematic. I either transfer it to my finger or use a concealer brush. Oh, and I guess the price is a drawback too, but this is GA after all, not MAC. If you are shopping at the GA counter, you have to expect sticker shock. Overall, a great product. (This is still #2 for me, Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer is still my #1 due to its unparalleled coverage power.)

on 11/10/2009 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've used this for a few months and find that I don't reach for my other concealers anymore--nay, not even my CdP--because this suits all my concealing needs. I love the applicator--that skinny brush allows precise application, and you can wipe off the excess product on the rim of the component as you withdraw the wand. I'm a MAC C3, Stila C, Px Traceless Level 3, and 3.5 is a perfect match for both my undereyes and face. I love the opacity of this, the liquid yet creamy texture, and the ease with which it applies. I also find that it doesn't crease or emphasize the lines around my eyes, doesn't travel, and still looks quite fresh at the end of the day. This product almost covers the couple of spots of melasma I have, and that's saying something--nothing else has come as close or looked as natural on the skin. Since I can use this sparingly, it will last a long time. I thought I was crazy when I bought this because I was sure that CdP was my grail concealer, but I was wrong. This concealer doesn't require the tricky balance of moisturization that CdP does, it's easier to blend (especially around the eyes), it's difficult to overapply, and it looks more natural on the skin (no caking). I think I'll be repurchasing this many times.

on 10/4/2009 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

oh here I go again.. I bought two on the spot.

The texture of this product is creamy, smooth, glides on and covers beautifully. I fell in love at first swatch.

I know the price is high -- but I have paid more for Cle de Peau which is drying on me. I love the texture and density and it kicks YSL's Touche Eclat's butt.

This is an expensive product, but for me undereye concealment is hugely important as any darkness makes me look old and sick. This is moist and the colors are perfect matchups.

I will alternate this with my Bobbi Brown eye brightener as I feel they are both equally perfect... the Bobbi brown may give a bit more luminosity, but the GA gives great coverage and is for me more portable when I travel.

Love this product and will keep hoarding!

on 2/11/2009 6:55:00 PM

Despite it's high price tag, this is my HG concealer. It is very important to me that a concealer not be too drying/cakey (under eyes) nor too oily (on blemishes). Somehow this product manages to flawlessly cover my under eye circles (the yellow-based shades help) and camouflage my blemishes whilst remaining utterly undetectable. I typically can get away with just using a small amount of this concealer and no foundation and end up with a very natural yet flawless result!! The applicator/brush, despite appearing intimidating, is actually incredibly effective and time saving. High recommended!

on 1/25/2009 2:17:00 PM

Very nice, high quality product. Excellent applicator, color and coverage. What more is there to say?

on 1/24/2009 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

let me start with the packaging, nice sleek, the brush id small but works really well and has the ultimate armani touch. but for me the product ebds exactly here. although i am a big big armani make up fan, this product broke my heart. :(
was running out of concealer so i decided to give it a go.. went there to try before i am spending my money on it, blending like a dream, no setting into fine lines, inside the shop colour looks fine, outside yellow-for ref i am neutral undertoned-, couple hours later the itchy feeling was unbearableand when i checked myself in the mirror i saw that the same kind of allergic reaction developed under my eyes when i tried ysl touche eclat.. no thx.

on 1/16/2009 6:32:00 PM

If I ever find a concealer worthy of 5 lippies I'll marry it. This one comes pretty close - I'm on my 3rd tube. The pros: it's small and portable, application is a breeze with the tiny brush, the colours are natural, yellow-based skintones and the formula never cakes or settles into fine lines. The cons: coverage is light, this brightens dark circles but doesn't eradicate them and I seem to go through the small tube pretty quickly given that it's more expensive than most dept. store brands. Until I discover something better, this is "the one!"
Update: I've stopped using this, liked the formula & finish but the shades are all too yellow; I think I need a more peach-toned concealer for my under-eye circles.

on 12/7/2008 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Probably the best under eye concealer ever. Moisturizing and its color palette is just right.

on 11/8/2008 10:28:00 PM

This is a fabulous concealer, primarily designed for those already with great skin who want to enhance their looks for a short period of time. The formulation is very refined and the application tip allows precision application. The colour is also good, with a neutral base so it can work for those with both pink and yellow undertones. The drawback of this product is that the formula is not long lasting and has slightly shimmery micro-particles. Best used on a day when you have had adequate sleep and have exfoliated the night before. For those who want something to cover up dark circles, puffiness and other minor flaws around the eyes, you are better off going for something with a more emollient base with a higher concentration of pigment. Girls, if you look like a supermodel and want a concealer, this is for you.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAC Prolongwear vs Armani High Precision Concealer. WHICH IS YOURS? by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Giorgio Armani Products