October 25, 2014 | 1783 users online

Crème - Cle de Peau - Cream Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2006 7:23:00 PM More reviews by cocochanelny

This is probably the best cream foundation in the market.

If you need medium to full coverage, this could work for you. It did for me.

It gives a flawless look!

Very expensive at $110 per 20 ml jar but works great for me.

I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2006 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Aishaa

In my opinion, this is the best foundation that is available on the market. I have gone through one full jar (I use this on and off with the Cle de Peau Creamy Powder Foundation) and now on my second jar. It takes forever to go through one jar since a little goes a long way. I like to transfer a bit into a small jar and use it every day. I keep the full size jar tightly closed to keep the freshness of the product. I have normal to dry skin and this works great when use sparingly. There is no need to load the skin with this foundation because it is highly pigmented. When used with the appropriate amount, it gives your skin a beautiful, natural glow. The coverage is wonderful. It is a bit expensive at $110 for 20ml. However, it is totally worth it, since it lasts so much longer than others, you get much more out of it. Your skin looks great when it is on, and it is also a treatment for your skin. The only downsize is the packaging and that it does not contain any sunscreen. I don't really care for the packaging. Very cheap looking jar with a lid for a $110 price tag! Other than that, I love the stuff, and have been using it ever since I first tried it five years ago. Nothing else I tried came near to its standard & quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2006 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Buthaina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

All I can say is ... SIMPLY AMAZING. I found my exact shade (and trust me for someone with my coloring that is HARD) in shade O30 (Ochre). It is just the right shade of yellow... didn't turn green or ashy on me which is the case with other foundations that seem to look perefct when you first apply them. My skin type is very oily and i've always heard that i should stay away from cream foundation, this foundation however melts into your skin upon application and holds up really well in our hot, steaming weather. Texture is heavinly and looks like i have nothing and i mean NOTHING on while it conceals and covers every flaw. I now don't have to use a seperate concealer to cover spots here and there. People might complain about the price but I call it an investment.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2005 7:47:00 PM More reviews by dylan4380

I'm on my first go around with Cle de Peau in O10 (lightest ochre). Overall, I'm happy with this product, but it just hasn't sent me over the moon. Here's the blow by blow:
    Color Match: I'm fairly happy with the range of color in this line. 010 appears much darker in the pot than when applied. Works fairly well on my light/warm based skin-my only beef is that it tends a bit towards orange.
    Finish: Excellent, semi-matte, highly pigmented. I truly love the formula of Cle de Peau: a little goes a long way and layers well. I find a damp sponge works quite well. Does settle a bit into the creases as the day wears.
    Packaging: I rarely care about packaging, but this packaging is just senseless. The narrow pot is difficult to dip into, and while I don't find jars or pots inherently messy, this one is!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2005 8:34:00 AM More reviews by fruchttasche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this foundation for about 6 months. In the summer, I liked it a lot (good coverage, flawless, matt finish), but now in dry autumn weather, I cannot even use it anymore. Even with good moisturizer and primer (I use CdP's tendre spf 20), it emphasizes dry spots so much and also sits on fine lines (I have combo-dry dehydrated skin). Hope that it works again in warmer weather. Edit: with extensive skin care for two weeks (regular scrub + new moisturizer), it works again. It's a product which works just on decent/ good skin. But if it works, the result is wonderful. The matt, velvety finish, coverage and staying power is unbeatable. Edt again: I decided not to repurchase this foundation. It's still nice but I find the finish too matt and heavy (even though I use very small amoung).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2005 12:25:00 PM More reviews by mm2015

This is a nice cream foundation but in my opinion, Stephane Marais is much better although I know he is the brainchild behind both his own line and Cle de Peau (although I believe is is the color director for Cle de peau so he may not have much to do with the formulations). The Cle de peau feels heavier on the skin and is harder to spread than SM, not to mention, way more expensive. I wear O2 in Cle de Peau and O1 in SM. The Cle de Peau one is a bit more yellow on me than the SM but both are really good matches for my skin.

For the Cle de Peau, I can't use it straight, I have to dilute it with moisturizer of some sort. It works great when you mix it in with a bit of Kinerase lotion!!! Also, a drop of oil works well too (I use organic argan oil). Overall, it is a nice foundation, lasts all day on me and no breakouts. As with the Stephane Marais, I find the finish looks even better with a floof of minerals on top (I use Pure Luxe)

It gives me the same "flawless" skin look as the Stephane Marais except it looks to me anyway, a wee bit more natural with the SM. I would not buy the Cle de Peau again if the SM wasn't being discontinued but since it is, this is the next best thing. The formula is similar but not identical. The SM has macadamia oil in it for one and there are other differences in the ingredients but the first 4-5 ingredients are the same.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2005 3:21:00 PM More reviews by arlener

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the new cream satine foundation. I loved the old cream O10,it was a perfect color and I loved the texture. Well, I was told this was less powdery and this is true. However, I hate this foundation. O10 in this is too dark. The foundation feels greasy to my dry skin and since I don't want to return it, i'm trying to think of ways to make it work for me. I'll probably try to mix another foundation with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2005 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Setsu

Finally bought this product and cost me lots of $$$$. However, I think it is so worth it. The only other foundation that would work just as well will be the SK II moisture cream powder foundation. The SK II in the USA does not carry the foundation line yet, so I bought mine in Japan. The SK II foundation is about US$65.00. If you like how Cle De Peau felt, you might want to try the SK II when the make up line enters the USA in the next few months. Anyway, I am very pleased with the Cle De Peau that I bought, especially for it's coverage and how flawless it made your skin looks. If you have dry skin, you might find this product harsh to use, because it does not work well if your skin has dryness peel. Even with this foundation, it will still look flaky. If you have dry skin, my suggestion is for you to use product like the SK II Repair C under the Cle De Peau foundation. It worked well for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2005 9:04:00 PM More reviews by bonnie_71979

I bought this foundation today in the I10 shade, and it's a perfect match. This is the only foundation I've tried that makes my skin look flawless even though I have some acne and scarring. It's insanely expensive, but it's now my HG.
    Edit: This is now far from being my HG, unfortunately. It would start to crack and streak throughout the day and didn't look natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2005 2:41:00 AM More reviews by honeygal

GREAT!!!very smooth and natural finish.covers flaws too.