September 2, 2014 | 1669 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wasn't exactly sure how to incorporate this into my skin care or let alone use it on my acne. I tried dabbing it on my spots one by one when I had a massive break out but I felt like that was a waste of product. I now usually put a drop or two in the palm of my hand and add my moisturizer and mix before applying to my face. This way I can get the benefits of the tea tree oil without it drying out my skin and it will be evenly applied to my skin. I have to say this helped tremendously with my acne. At first, I didn't think using tea tree oil would help due to a previous experience. I guess the first bottle of tea tree I picked up wasn't the same grade as this and wasn't pure (I looked at the ingredients and tea tree was actually very low on the list.) You might think this only little bottle for $9 USD is a lot, but it does last quite a while. You really only need a few drops for your entire face if you add it into your moisturizer. After 4 to 5 months, I am finally nearing the end of my first bottle with daily use and I have another bottle waiting for me to break open. I would recommend this treatment to anyone with acne or possibly anyone just looking for clearer skin. I don't have much acne now, but I still use it to keep my face clear as a preventative measure.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by illusionz84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a firm believer in Tea Tree Oil. I always swear by this product for spot treatment for pimples. I feel as if this formula works better than 100% pure tea tree oil, probably because it is diluted and won't dry your skin out. Just a little dab on a cotton ball or q-tip twice a day, and your pimples will be gone! :-D The small bottle will actually last you quite a while as well. The Body Shop frequently runs promotions too for buy one, get one 50% off, which I take advantage of when available!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by emilyjune2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this. Great spot treatment. Cleared up my severe acne withing a couple days! I hope that it continues clearing up my skin, because so far, this is my HG spot treatment! Will update in a few weeks to let you know more about it!

EDIT: I still use this as an acne treatment, but not as frequent. If I "happen" to pop a zit (yes gross but it happens), I get a cotton pad, put a little dab of tea tree oil and a dab of coconut oil (antibacterial/antifungal properties) and dab it on my sore. It helps tremendously. I also use tea tree oil as a brush cleaner (add it to baby shampoo and instant sanitizing cleanser!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Miyuki0

I love this product because it stop my acne. I tried many ways to clear my acne, but nothing seems to work better than this tea tree oil, and the price is affordable. Strongly recommended for people with acne outbreak especially on chin!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by whiskers94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product is ideal for my skin complaint; it offers localized treatment for hormonal acne. I carry out my everyday skincare routine (liquid facial soup, clarifying lotion, and moisturizing lotion) and then apply some of this on any active spots. My skin has not dried out, and in spite of the product's alleged 'strength', my skin appears unaffected (just clearer, of course).

I bought this product in combination with Tea Tree Oil blemish gel. While the application of the gel was doubtlessly easier, this seems to have a higher concentration of the agent.

It works wonders. :3

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by BWeezy991

Made me dry out extremely, causing me to break out even more. It took a few weeks to heal the zits and redness that this caused me. Not buying it again. Will maybe try other things from the tea tree line, probably the oil in itself was too harsh for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by itismomo

I have recurring bouts of acne on my chin, and the Body Shop tea tree oil has done a better job than almost any product I know to curb the pimples. It doesn't make the pimples disappear magically (or better yet, not appear at all), but if I feel a big pimple coming and I dab this on, the swelling really goes down within the next 24 hours. Basically, it cuts short the life of the pimple, which is almost as much as I could ask for. (I've tried benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and just about any other product you can think of, with no luck.) The one issue I have with it is the packaging -- the bottle makes the oil really hard to dispense. Even with the bottle completely full, I have to turn it around and shake it until a few drops appear, and then sometimes it ends up spilling out a lot more than I wanted. But that's a pretty minor complaint for such a good product. I purchased the tea tree oil in stick form, but I'm not sure if it's as strong. I'll come back to this for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by GeorgeP

Up until my late 20's I had clear skin so when I started getting the occasional acne breakout, at 28, I didn't know how to treat it. I used this product for a stint last year, along with the foaming face wash and the skin clearing lotion, but I found them too strong and too stingy. If your face and your spots are redder than when you started - you've got a problem... My skin is normal/oily combination and it sapped the moisture out of it. I didn't find it helped with the acne breakout either, if anything it exacerbated it. I've found taking a more gentle approach works for me... My friend thinks Tea Tree oil is good stuff for spots but we have different skin types. Horses for courses...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by babybop728

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I swear by this stuff. With dry, sensitive skin, there isn't much I could do to my acne without killing my skin or getting a rash. This stuff is heaven sent! When I feel a pimple coming, I put some on, and it's gone the next day. Also works really well on chest acne. It may seem expensive, but the tiny bottle lasts me probably 6 months. This is a SPOT TREATMENT. Not something you should spread across your whole face.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by BeatrixKiddo

I know this product works for some people, so maybe it's just that tea tree does not work on my skin - this burns and irritates the skin around my spots but has no effect whatsoever on the actual spot. Needless to say, I will not repurchase.