November 27, 2014 | 1355 users online

Foundations - Za - Two-Way Foundation SPF20 PA++

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by StarbrightSparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just tried this this-morning as my MAC Mineral Powder had run out and I couldn't justify spending $70 again just now.

I had brought some Za skincare stuff recently and loved it, I had no idea they did make-up also so I was very happy to see it.

I chose shade 21. I had no idea which number to choose as I didn't really want to put the tester on my face. 21 is the *perfect* shade for my skin. It looks like I didn't put anything on and my blemishes and scars just disappeared!

I can actually notice my lips. With the MAC Powder it wasn't really the right shade I don't think because it made my lips look non-existant. So I had to wear something on them which wasn;t that great as I don't usually. But with this Za foundation, it is the perfect match for my skin and my lips don't blend in :D

It covers so well! I just did one layer over my whole face and my acne scars and blemishes are 90% less visable. This made me feel so good about myself as the MAC Mineral Powder hardly covered it at all and came off so easy.

On the package it says you can use it with a dry sponge or wet sponge. I didn't really know what to expect so I slightly dampened it under the tap, it went on flawlessly.

On little negative though... my skin is very dry and oily at the same time, which is a huge pain in the butt. So any foundation I put on usually sticks to the little dry bits of skin. You can only see these if you are about 10cms away from my face. My boyfriend is the only one who usually gets that close so its fine with me :) And I know that it is my fault, not the make-up as I am on medication for my acne. It also claims to help acne and acne scars? We'll see about that, there isn't much that I haven't tried.

I can't stop admiring my skin, I can't believe that its really me. I will definitely be buying this again and trying out their other products.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2009 10:31:00 AM More reviews by bananacupcake

this foundation is great. its smooth and gives a very nice finish. it also has spf.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by miracle0790

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

covers very satisfactorily and stays without oxidising or melting off my face in the humid weather. finely milled powder blends very well and it dosen't get cakey at all. i love that it controls oil well too!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by saibu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

good coverage and powder is pretty fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 2:05:00 AM More reviews by ShimmerRay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I do love this product! With abit of concealing of my blemishes with a concealer, I look as if I do have flawless complexion. It also looks natural on me. It has the tone that matched mine. Other products I usually used were too pale [though it was the darkest tone I could find] on me, making me look fake or ill.

Just don't apply too thickly, it wouldn't look as natural

However, yea, the staying power is not really fantastic. I think it is due to the fact my skin is rather oily, and whatever foundation I use, it would not last very long. But for now, it's the best I can afford. =D

I would continue to try others, but till I found my HG, I would continue using/buying this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by catteys

I regret that i bought it. I was buying the Za concealer and I bought that as well because my foundation was running out. It was so disappointing. The colour was ok but it had very very light coverage, if i layered it a bit more it went cakey. The lasting power was terrible, it turned dull and cakey in a few hours. I threw it into the bin :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 3:03:00 AM More reviews by nurjehanyan

The only compact foundation which I am comfortable with. Tried others but I always return to ZA coz I always have adverse reaction with others. It gives good coverage. However I am now into Everyday Minerals and intend to stick to minerals coz EDM has improved my complexion after a month of using them.

Back to ZA, the compact foundation worth buying. And they always introduced new packaging for the foundation which is always cute and pretty.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Aniger86

Have repurchased this a few times. Not sure why I did that as I find it quite heavy and sits on the face like a mask. The colour match wasen't ideal as well, a little too dark for me ( I picked shade 21 as the shade before it was too light). Won't repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2008 2:01:00 AM More reviews by supergirl182

Hi I got this in hope of a foundation that evened out my skin tone, made it look brighter and controlled oil over my moisturizer.
I got this on discount- there was a limited edition one for the 2-way true white version and it came in this gorgeous silver packaging.

It goes on smoothly, I didn't have a kabuki at the time so i'm not sure how that would have went- but I did use the sponge and it went okay. I liked it better wet because it just felt a bit fresher. It looks okay but after a while the powder settles into your poors and makes them look bigger than ever, also it feels a bit heavy (possibly due to its heavy coverage) and begins to look cakey after a few hours.

Also, I wore this for about a wekk and I think it may have clogged my pores or something because I got several break outs- but it might have just been my period or something so I'm not going to put all the blame on this product.

The one good thing though is the SPF which is fantabulous, although not entirely reliable because powder comes off really quickly but its always nice to have an extra layer. It is also fairly cheap.
Definitely not repurchasing

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2008 12:49:00 AM More reviews by staphy

My first foundation and it felt great when i first used it. Nice coverage and reasonable price. However i would recommend a better brand if you have the cash. Every cents does counts.