October 25, 2014 | 881 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Kinda Sexy

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by xxedelweiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

it is a peachy nude, and uber matte so might be drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

For starters i'm super picky when it comes to nude lipsticks and with that being said, I'm really happy that I decided to purchase this color. I think i may be in love :) It looks amazing against my skintone. It shows up as a very flattering light pinky/beige nude shade on my lips. Looks great with smokey eyes or just as an everyday color. I'm kinda surprised with how much i like this lipstick because i'm not one to swoon over pinks.....very rare. I also love the matte consistency...stays on longer..love that. If you have tan to dark tan skin i'd highly recommend looking into Kinda Sexy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shade has just become my new HG nude. For reference I'm nc35-37 (winter) nc42 (summer) with very warm undertones and pigmented lips. I had been using Freckletone as my HG nude for 3 yrs. However I got tired of Freckletone's luster formula and the fact that I wanted a more pinky/peach nude that had more coverage and that will last longer than a luster. Well finally! I don't know how or why I kept passing this up in the MAC store. Maybe because it looked so similar to Velvet Teddy and Mocha in the tube, both of which I already owned. On my lips is where the huge difference is evident. On me, this shade is the perfect balance of pink/peach and brown and tends to pull slightly more peach than pink. Unlike Velvet Teddy which is a bit too cool and grayish looking for my skin tone, Kinda Sexy brightens up and flatters my complexion and brings out the warmth in it. It's a matte formula and a bit drying when worn alone. I wear a balm underneath and top it off with a clear gloss. When worn alone, it lasts about 5 hrs without eating.

How it compares to other nude/nudish l/s I have: Brighter, warmer and almost a shade lighter than Velvet Teddy (although they look similar in the tube). Brighter, pinker and less orangey-brown than Mocha. Brighter, warmer and less pink/mauve than High Def and Brave New Bronze. A bit pinker, brighter and a lot more opaque than Freckletone. To sum it all up, it's my perfect nude. If you have similar skin tone like me and you found Velvet Teddy too cool/grayish for you, try this shade.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by saroh87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Perfect peachy-nude color on my NC30 skin. Love the texture (it's a Matte) but it does need properly moisturized lips otherwise it can be a drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by MeMe16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am NC 45 and the color is beautiful on me! Its appears very nude on me but has a slight pinkish look. I see that the color appearance varies from skin tone to skin tone. This was the first lipstick color i ever bought from MAC and i still use it til this day!! ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by lylalies

I'm in love with the color, but the lipstick is just too drying (I know its a matte) and as much as I want to use this lipstick I don't because it just makes my lips look very dry. I have tried to use a lip balm underneath and its a bit better, but not that much. The color if perfect, but if you have even slightly dry lips I think it would only make it more obvious. I like the luster finish better.

Update: I've been using Bobbi Brown Ballet Pink 13 in the formula Sheer Lip Color. It's not sheer at all, but it is creamy and very comfortable to wear. I think Ballet Pink is actually a good dupe or replacement for Kinda Sexy. I know it's more expensive, but if you like the shade this Bobbi Brown lipstick is a good option.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by waterlili818

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

kinda sexy is beautiful on my golden olive skin tone ....absolutely beautiful...it wears for hours....highly recommended! I like it with boldly bare lipliner

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 6:52:00 AM More reviews by Ievonne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mac is not cheap in Europe (1 lipstick is around 18 euro = $ 25,97 ), but Kinda Sexy is worth it :-)! Great colour :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Selina_c

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

love this lipstick. when i first started buying MAC lipsticks i chose all the extra bright ones (snob, saint germain, lady danger) etc, but now i've realised that it's the more neutral shades that i actually wear. i recently got this lipstick in a swap and it's so flattering and lovely, a perfect 'my lips but better' shade as i have pigmented lips. haven't stopped wearing it since i got it! i'm probably NC20-30 at the moment thanks to a bit of fake tan but i still think it would look good even if i was my natural NC15! highly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by noddy154

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Definately not what i expected. it appeared to be a sort of nude pink colour but it pulls off as quite coral/orange (im NC25). However it is still a nude which is what i was aiming for but it is nothing special, it has no wow factor. Also because its a matte lipstick, some sort of lip conditioner needs to be applied first otherwise its hard to apply and looks awful. Another thing is that if you have dry lips it will look even worse with this lipstick. It is a pretty colour and ive tried to love it however when i wear it theres something off about it, it does something weird for my complexion. For those who were looking for a nude pink colour as i was, you should try modesty. they look almost identical in the tube but when applied modesty has more of a pink tone