MAC Zoom lash

2.9

on 1/25/2013 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This mascara doesn't hold the curl in my eyelashes at all. After using my eyelash curler and applying the mascara, I could literally see my lashes drooping as the mascara dried, until they were horizontal. Still haven't found anything better than Marjolica Majorca.

on 1/2/2013 4:33:00 PM

I was super disappointed with this. I found this mascara extremely shoddy for such a high end product (not to mention expensive!!) Its clumpy, lumpy, doesn't dry for ages...the list goes on. It had no lengthening or volumising properties whatsoever. Don't waste your hard earned cash, and try L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes instead.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I loooove this mascara, though it does get a bit of product on my lids when applying. The black is amazing and it adds so much length and volume. People always ask me what mascara I'm wearing, and it's this! The price is so reasonable. Why not buy this when it's only a few dollars more than most drugstore brands? HG!

on 12/27/2012 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is my mascara I love it. it's not clumpy and lightweight it takes a lot to smear it and I would say its pretty smudge proof.I get so many compliments on my eyelashes although I do have naturally long eyelashes this does wonderful work to them and if you don't have long eyelashes this will increase the visual length of your eyelashes and your eyes will be flawless!

on 11/18/2012 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this in "Blue Charge", which is a bright cobalt blue. I had a really hard time making this work, as it would clump and look awful, but have finally found a method that works for me.

1. I replaced the brush. The brush is hard, with short bristles that appear very close together. This makes the mascara sit on top of the brush in clumps, which then transfer to your lashes. I'm a huge fan of L'Oreal Voluminous and after I was done a tube of it I just washed the brush with soap and water and replaced the Zoom Lash brush with it. It fits perfectly.

2. I use 1 or 2 light coats of my usual mascara underneath, and then brush the Zoom lash on top, just for the colour. The colour is noticeable but not that in your face, probably because I have short black lashes and also because I use a black mascara underneath. I prefer the subtlety though.

3. I've had this mascara for a month or so now, so it's a little drier, which I think also helps.

Hope this helps! It's not a good mascara in and of itself, and the brush is godawful but I deal with it because I like the colour.

on 11/12/2012 9:31:00 AM

I wish this mascara would work for me. I have it sitting on my makeup vanity so I can try to make it work every day. I live in Australia, so I paid $33AUD, which is very pricey for a mascara. But sadly, it just won't work for me. It's formula is very wet, and takes a long time to dry on my lashes, it gets spidery very easily and although I like the length it gives, it doesn't give me any volume.

on 11/9/2012 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the worst mascara that I have ever used. I've only used it twice and it flakes and clumps. Luckily this mascara came with a kit with other Mac products because I would really be upset if paid $16.00 for this product alone-Sorry Mac-I love your products but this one is going in the trash I would never repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Clumps and smudges, and doesn't even give me an exceptional amount of length or volume. It also has a very strong "inky" smell. Sorry MAC fans, this was not for me.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the perfect mascara. Period. Not only can you add multiple layers, but the black is truly black. It doesn't clump, doesn't flake, doesn't apply goopy, not smelly, and stays smooth in the tube for at least several months.
My biggest requirement for mascara is that it should come off with regular face wash at the end of day. This mascara does just that without extra steps of using eye makeup remover or remaining residue on lashes or around skin.
Definitely a winner in my book and best value for your money.
Like I said in my review title - don't stray from this mascara. I actually did (GASP!) when I purchased the new False Lash mascara and after my second application, I recognized my indiscretion. Seriously, don't stray, you got it good with Zoom Lash.

on 9/21/2012 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i onyl use this over my maybelline mascara. im not a big fan... i have VERY THICK LASHES so when i use this product it makesmy lashes look SOOOOO thin!!! but i was lucky to be using the sample i received from the store before i bought the full size