July 30, 2014 | 1275 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by leslie0764

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

First off, I will say this color is NOT pink on me. It's more like a peachy bronze. My daughter describes it as the sunset. It's not too bad, just not what I expected at all. I'm not sure what skin color this will look pink on but certainly not on my skin. I like that you get pretty good color payoff with this and little fall out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by MAClover29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this eyeshadow! After reading the reviews, I was a bit leery when I went to buy it but I did it anyway and I'm so glad I did! It is gorgeous on me. I can understand why people wouldn't like this shade because I do think it is very skin tone specific. I have warm skin that is slightly tan and hazel eyes for reference.

I pair it with naked lunch and sushi flower to make the pink stand out. Definitely a staple in my kit and I would def repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 4:45:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't own many MAC shadows, but I do like this one a lot. I'm not sure that it's terribly unique now, but at the time that I got it it kinda was. I am very fair with red hair and blue eyes, and I find that this is a really pretty shade for me. However, it also does work nicely on darker eyes and skintones as well. It's nicely pigmented and wears pretty well, but I do need primer with all MAC shadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by wildflower85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My favorite eyeshadow. Period. There's nothing to compare to this with green eyes. It's really not very pink on my skin (NW20), and looks mostly coppery with a hint of peach. Paired with Retrospeck in the crease, it creates a flawless look that's noticeable, but classic, pretty, and understated. This is a daily e/s for me, and therefore I shall need to buy again!

I have not had it fade on me, and I tend to wear it all day. It can crease, but just slightly, with a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by RippleEffect

This is my favourite eyeshadow of all time!! It has it's problems - I've found that after 4 hours it will crease and dramatically fade in colour which doesn't happen with any of my other MAC Eyeshadows - but I'm willing to forgive all of that because of the colour. On me (fair-medium, warm), it is a lovely copper-orange shade (I don't see any pink) which I never thought I'd like (I'm one of those people who are strictly brown, brown, brown when it comes to eyeshadow!!) but it instantly lifts my face and makes me look more awake and just generally brighter and fresher. I've never experienced this with an eyeshadow before and believe me I love it!! I don't re-purchase anything unless I absolutely cannot live without it - and this is one of those very few products despite it's faults.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Whittneyd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

SUch a fun color! Very versatile! Can be worn by itself for a cute look, or can be worn with a dark brown or grey for a soft smoky eye! LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Luciel86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is such an amazing colour! I used to own Paradisco, but it was too orange for me. Expensive is what I wanted - mix of pink/gold/coral with a lovely finish. I like to pair this with Omega in the crease, touch of Signed&Sealed around the lashline, some matte white eyeshadow, black gel liner and mighty aphrodite/dollymix blushes. Maybe this colour doesn't suit anybody, but it's a fun! I am happy to have this eyeshadow in my MAC collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this e/s should have been called Expensive CORAL because it is far more coral than pink. If NARS Orgasm or Benefit Coralista blush were to make an eyeshadow baby, this would be it. It is very high quality and very finely milled. There are tiny micro particles of gold that give this a golden duo-chrome effect. I love this shade in the summer. It is beautiful paired with gold eyeshadow with warm browns to darken the crease (like Embark). A definite must-have for MAC collectors!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by onethousandcurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was absolutely gorgeous in the pan! Loved it the second I saw it and then realized it was the famous Expensive Pink.

Love the veluxe pearl finish. Pigmentation is fine, though not as outstanding as I expected for all the MAC hype.

The problem is that it just looks orange on me. In the pan I see pink and gold and some orange...on my lids it's a completely unflattering orange.

Too bad.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by rgngomez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This e/s was one of my staples for years. Its a beautiful pink with a golden finish. I don't wear it anymore because I'm in a "natural" makeup phase at the moment. If I start wearing e/s again, I'll definitely repurchase this.