MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.3

on 12/26/2011 9:48:00 PM

Not my favorite MAC shadow - I usually love veluxe pearl textures but this doesn't come across on me the way most "pinkish" shadows that are flattering do. It isn't a true pink and the sheen doesn't flatter my brown eyes unless I literally blend it to death with a semi matte light brown. One of the very FEW MAC shadows I wouldn't repurchase. Most I have bought more than twice.

on 12/22/2011 11:59:00 AM

This comes off as a coral color on my skintone (NC15)
I like the shimmer and I am not certain how I feel about this color even though I have worn it 3 times since I got it!

I guess I could take it or leave it.

on 12/4/2011 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Beautiful pink color with gold reflects. I wore this the other day with Seedy Pearl in the crease, Rice Paper on the brow bone, and I applied Brun with a big fluffy brush lightly over EP to warm the look up. It was gorgeous! I don't like pinks too often, but this one is a beauty!

on 11/8/2011 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Edit- i don't remember the last time i used this as an eyeshadow. it is mainly for blush now- i just use a light hand with a soft powder brush.

Excellent quality (texture, pigment, colour) and that coveted duochrome effect adds so much dimension to the look. It looks beautiful.
this, star violet in crease n outer corner, and a nice smudgy black eyeliner kinda smoked out (mac smolder maybe)=beautiful look minimal effort.

on 10/13/2011 4:53:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this on a whim because I thought it was pretty, but I had no idea how to wear it because it didn't go very well with my skin tone when applied normally (NC 15 for reference). I pulled it out to experiment recently and found the perfect way for me to wear it is with a neutral like shroom or blanc type all over my lid and then expensive pink just dusted lightly through the crease and on the outer corner (layered over the shroom or blanc type to soften it) with a big fluffy blending brush. It looks amazing! It gives just the right subtle pop of color and warmth without being overbearing, and makes the green in my hazel eyes stand out. I used this combo on my sister recently who has blue eyes and similar skin tone and it looked fantastic on her, too. Definitely one of my top 5 MAC shadows.

on 10/1/2011 10:44:00 AM

I got this eyeshadow after seeing it used on MakeupGeek frequently.

It's a perfect daily eyeshadow as it's more peachy than pink. I'm pretty sure it will go with any color, though I usually wear it with gold.

And, as per usually with MAC, it stays on great, looks great, lots of pigment, etc. Definitely get it for a basic palette!

I can't describe how pretty this color is!!! I love to put it on the outter crease on days where I wear light makeup and it just gives a pop of color, without the IN YOUR FACE effect.

on 7/20/2011 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this colour! On me it's not really that pink, more peachy-orange, but I love it none the less! The only downfall I can honestly think of is that it's creased on the upper lid a couple of times out of all my wear of this beautiful colour! It was the very first MAC eye shadow I bought (like a few others I've noticed) and still my favorite all this time later! I've used it on so many different people and it really does look beautiful on most colourings! I would definitely repurchase, it's amazing :)

on 7/13/2011 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

First off, I will say this color is NOT pink on me. It's more like a peachy bronze. My daughter describes it as the sunset. It's not too bad, just not what I expected at all. I'm not sure what skin color this will look pink on but certainly not on my skin. I like that you get pretty good color payoff with this and little fall out.

on 7/12/2011 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse

I love this eyeshadow! After reading the reviews, I was a bit leery when I went to buy it but I did it anyway and I'm so glad I did! It is gorgeous on me. I can understand why people wouldn't like this shade because I do think it is very skin tone specific. I have warm skin that is slightly tan and hazel eyes for reference.

I pair it with naked lunch and sushi flower to make the pink stand out. Definitely a staple in my kit and I would def repurchase!

Top Rated MAC Products