August 20, 2014 | 1628 users online

Treatments (Face) - Desert Essence - Dessert Essence Blemish Touch Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 10:57:00 AM More reviews by ktb2780

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow. After 5-6 days of use (2-3X per day), I have NO ACTIVE/NEW acne. I haven't been able to say that in almost a YEAR. I haven't had a smooth, non-painful/inflammed face for a YEAR. Now, I do.

It is either this miracle tube of stuff, or also the Apple Cider Vinegar I've used as a toner when I started using this last week. I've used apple cider before (last year) and did not notice these results so I'd have to say it IS the blemish stick, mostly, doing this.

I am going to buy two or three more right now - I use a lot since it leaks a little when I put it on. If they ever discontinue this I will cry. I am noting the ingredients so if I had to I could buy them individually and try to make it myself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 8:00:00 AM More reviews by dascha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm 37 and my big-time breakout days are over, but I bought this when, four days prior to a wedding party, I had an enflamed clogged pore on my forehead, a couple of whiteheads on my cheeks, and something growing underneath the skin of my chin, hard and hurting. Yuck!! I usually use Neutrogena spot check gel, but the smell and the chemicals were bothering me and I wanted something "natural." And yet I'd tried the Burt's Bees stuff and I found it seriously lacking. So I got this because I knew Tea Tree Oil was really great for healing facial crud. I put it on my spots several times a day and -- I SWEAR -- in a couple of days everything was GONE. The big incipient zit on my chin never emerged and the bumps everywhere else are smoothed out, with no redness. The best part is, it didn't burn my skin off to do this. No flakes! And the smell is very pleasant. So now I'm about to go to the wedding and I feel confident. This stuff saved me. Tea Tree oil rules. I'll never go back to the chemical stuff again. eta: At the wedding someone went out of their way to tell me I had "great skin." Yay, Desert Essence!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2008 10:22:00 AM More reviews by ThinkPink2683

I love this product. Small pimples go away nearly overnight. If I have a bad one I apply the liquid every couple of hours, and they are generally gone (or nearly) in 24 hours. It dries up the problem without drying out my skin. As long as I have the stick on hand to roll on I'm so much less tempted to pop those suckers and scar up my face. I personally love the smell of tea-tree oil, but this is mixed with the scent of witch hazel and other botanical smells so it isn't too strong at all. I've never used a blemish treatment that burn my skin AND got rid of pimples overnight.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 6:59:00 PM More reviews by plumeriapassion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Smells awful and doesn't affect my pimples in any way. They just grow as usual, larger and larger!

I'd recommend using 100% undiluted tea tree oil if you have severe acne. I'm doing that now and it seems to work wayy better.

Also, by applying it with a Q-tip, you don't have liquid running around on your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2008 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Kelly610

Wow. I am so glad I came across these reviews for this product or I probably wouldn't have known it existed. Like many of those that are acne-prone, I've tried SO many products...and some of them actually aggravated my condition further! I was ready to just give up. I bought this shortly after I read the great reviews and now I get to write my own great review on it because it has contolled my breakouts to a minimum which is rare for me. I apply it over the areas that I am most prone to breakouts both morning and night and I have seen quite an improvement. All I have currently is one 'active' bump and the rest is scarring from previous ones. At night, I also apply 2.5 BP to the stubborn ones and I think the mixture of tea tree oil and BP has been a great way to zap them overnight. I also use Olay Regenerist Daily Exfoliating Cleanser and I think that helps to shed dead skin cells for more clarity. I have found this regimin to actually work and be much more affordable than the 'high-end' product lines I have tried at Sephora (they've all gone back to the store).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by SummersGC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My mom used this product after the local herbalist recommanded this product for her bikini bumps after shaving. My mom used this product for a month, and her bikini line cleared up perfectly.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by orangemississippi

I haven't had any major acne since I began using this, and that is amazing for me. It does not make your skin perfect instantly, but drastically shortens the life of your zits before they get huge.

So I have really gross acne scars on my cheeks and forehead that make my skin look awful regardless of how many actual zits are on my face. So it took me a while to realize how much this is actually working. But now I consider it to be the best thing I've ever used on my skin.

It isn't terribly expensive, but there isn't very much either. But I'm ok with that, because I wouldn't want to spend a lot of money on some huge product that doesn't work.
Thanks to all of you who wrote reviews, because without you I would never have known about this product. I love this website!

EDIT: this has way irritating ingredients in it-alcohol (2nd INGREDIENT!!), multiple fragrances. i'll only use this when my acne gets really awful & i'll try to use it up. will not repurchase. decreasing rating from 5 to 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2007 9:25:00 AM More reviews by kims3142

I have very oily skin with some cystic acne that is prone to dry flaking skin. I am currently using their Jojoba oil to combat dryness and it is working wonderfully. After my great experience with the oil I decided to give the Blemish Touch Stick a go and was even more excited about it after I read the reviews here. I have tried tea tree oil about a decade ago, but didn't really notice a big difference. It was one of those Body Shop diluted numbers. I also read that using undiluted tea tree oil can burn your skin with adverse efeects. As I know myself, I tend to over use things in time of desperation, like when I get a pimple and load up on BP. So I decided this slightly diluted version was better for me than the full strength so I would not burn myself by using too much of a good thing. Well, I am very impressed. This completely reduced the size of the cystic acne as well as reduced the pain. I get those under the skin, deep, painful and tender things and sometimes, they don't go away or come to a head for up to two weeks. I got one last week and it was a doozy, about a centimeter in diameter, but now it is completely flat. I'm always left with red marks after a pimple heals, but this one didn't even come to a head. It just got smaller and smaller until it was gone. I used it A LOT. After coming home from work, I would wash all my makeup off and apply the roller ball about twenty or twenty five times until bed time. The next morning, I could really see the difference. This process took about three days. Normally something of this size and tenderness would have taken about a week to come to a head and I would steam my face and than squeeze the little sucker out. And then wait another two days or so for the scab to heal . This was so much better. I don't mind the drippy roller ball because I like a lot of medication on my pimples! Very afforable and smell is not so bad. It does dry out your skin a bit, but the jojoba oil helps with that. You must try this, I have tried all the infomercial stuff-Proactiv, Murad, Pat Wexler-as well as AHA, BHA, BP, Sulfur, but this is the only spot treatment that works. It stops the breakout in its tracks!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2007 8:50:00 PM More reviews by hollyjackson

Wow i put this product on two zits that popped up in the morning and than put my make up on and went along for the day and those bumps went way down. B.P has never worked as good. Sulfur used to work very good on me but i think my skin started to tolerate it and this blemish stick along with 100% tea tree oil and tea tree oil with Awapui face wash. Love love tea tree oil. Just hope my skin doesn't start to tolerate it. Try this stuff out though. Works Fantastic!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 1:31:00 AM More reviews by danerly

I really like this blemish stick. It dries zits right up without drying out your skin. Whenever I have used this on a blemish, within a day or two, the blemish has shrunk down to almost nothing. Some people might not like the smell of this product -- it is a bit strong and may smell a bit medicinal. However, I sort of like it. It has a strong herbal scent.