Bobbi Brown Corrector

4.1

petrolatum, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, tribehenin, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, oxokerite, lecithin, propylene glycol stearate, sorbitan laurate, polysorbate 20, propylene glycol laurate. May contain: titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, ultramarines (ci 77007), carmine (ci 75470).

I love this product. I discover the magic of colour correcting with it and now I can't go back. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

This product it concentrated, so you don't need much. Because it's a cream rather than a liquid, if you use too much, it will end up cakey. I just take a clean finger and tap a little bit underneath my eyes, going a bit into the inner corner and going down my cheek slightly. I keep building light thin layers over the dark areas (2-3) until I'm happy. Then I put foundation on and over the corrector and the pink/peach tones are covered. If I still need some cover, I'll put a concealer over the circles, but I hardly ever need to do this. I think a liquid concealer is best to avoid cakey-ness, but you can tap a little of the BB concealer and set it with the powder for hold.

on 7/13/2014 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

One in a long line of dark-circle covering failures for me.

It works ok at what itís supposed to do, counteracting the bluey-purpleness of my dark circles, but itís really hard to get it on without it going cakey or flakey (the flakey thing I find particularly odd as Iíve never experienced it with an undereye product before and my eyes are not flakey). Even if I do manage this (with the help of ten tonnes of primer) and get it looking ok, it seems to make whatever I put on top of it go cakey and makes creasing much worse. This happens even if applied very sparingly.

Iíve tried it with the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer, Estee Lauder DoubleWear foundation, the Mac Studio Finish concealer, Bareminerals matte foundation, and Bareminerals Well Rested concealer (which is far too yellow for meÖ but thatís another story) and had the same problem in every case. Iím keeping hold of it incase I find a way of using it, but itís certainly not been into my daily routine. I actually prefer using NYX Jumbo Eye pencil in Milk as a corrector in place of this one.

on 7/11/2014 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a pretty good concealer overall. I wish it had a bit more pigment and bit better staying power, but other than that it works well. Not too dry, nor too greasy. Easy to apply but it does need to warm up a little on the skin before blending. It's not an HG concealer but I would probably repurchase.

on 7/9/2014 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I would definitely repurchase this product again, it covers your dark circles and stays put throughout the day. The only problem is that it tends to be dry and can cause creasing. It may be hard to blend so use an eye cream or primer!!

on 7/1/2014 7:00:00 AM

love love love this product! i have pretty severe dark circles and this product helps lighten the look of it. It blends easily. for easier blending, one has to apply an eye cream as a base. It lasts all day as well and makes ur concealer (used on top of the corrector) lasts longer I thought this would make my eyes look a lil cakey or crease into my lines. But i was wrong. it made my concealer work better and made me look like ive had enough sleep!

on 6/27/2014 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It works very well to make me look awake, but i must apply it right after my eye moisturizer

on 6/7/2014 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product truly is magic! It is the only product I have found that actually works (as an ex-beauty therapist, I have tried a LOT). I don't have a Bobbi Brown store near me, so I emailed them and told them what colour my regular foundation is and they suggested a match. Their suggestion was spot on. I wear the extra light bisque shade under Kryolan Ultrafoundation in alabaster. It stays well all day without creasing or sinking into fine lines. I would recommend you moisturise your undereye area about 10 minutes prior to application, otherwise it can look a little knobbly when dry. I also set the corrector with Ben Nye banana powder before applying my foundation. To my immense surprise, I have found I do not need concealer on top of the corrector, it is good enough without.

For reference regarding colour. I would be NW20 in MAC foundation

on 5/27/2014 2:02:00 AM

BEST CORRECTOR OUT THERE. ANYONE WHO SUFFERS WITH DARK CIRCLES WILL THANK THE BEAUTY GODS FOR THIS PRODUCT. Let me start off with my dark eye circles. I have fair-medium skin and my dark eye circles are really bad, like a purplish blue colour. Now, when I use this corrector, I swear to y'all, it looked like I slept for 3 years, no lie, my darkness was gone, there was no sign's of darkness under my eyes. Also, it doesnt crease under the eyes, which is another plus about this product.

on 5/25/2014 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this stuff! I have ridiculous under eye circles but this stuff helps so much - I put it on and layer concealer over it. When I first bought it I put way too much on trying to completely cover darkness with it, but it ended up looking really weird. I tried the "less is more" approach, using just enough to lighten up the area, and it looks a lot better that way.

on 5/19/2014 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

My shade: dark peach

2 things:
#1 - warming this up on your finger is a must
#2 - your under eye area must be well moistured but not too much or this will slide right off (I let a dab of Josie Maran argan oil absorb for about 20 min before I start makeup routine).

With that said, I really do love this corrector because it (if rules above are followed) covers well, has accomodating shades and a little goes a long way. I use this as a base underneath my Nars creamy concealer (shades: buscuit & caramel - I mix the two) and some days with proper blending, I can skip foundation all together. Always apply with your finger, this is not for brushes or beauty blenders b/c you need it to melt a little. Pat it on, do not rub, and then I typically blend it a little using my Real Techniques setting brush since it's fluffy. Play around and see what works but I do recommend this product, it has a little learning curve like anything else.