April 20, 2014 | 905 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by cookielicious82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference i used the one for dry skin not the oil free version. This product is very hyped and i wanted to see what the fuss was about. So i purchased it in nude s the shade up was too dark.

Did not like this at all. felt very uncomfortable and too dry for my skin type. Was very flat and just did nothing for me. I did try it for a while and tried mixing things with it but it was not very flattering on me. I got so fed up of trying to use it up i ended up giving it away to charity.

try to test before you buy. not always easy in the UK but at least put it on in the shop and walk around with it for a day before comitting. its very expansive and i think there are better products out there for chpear. this product has too much hype and i do not think ts worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by MayaFrasier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really don't like foundations because they feel like I'm wearing a mask of paint on my face. This works really well for sheer coverage and evening out my skin tone. Paired with concealer, it does wonders. I wear it over top Too Faced Primed and Poreless primer and my skin looks flawless. My shade is Bisque, which surprised me because it seemed light for my tan, Mediterranean skin tone. If you are going to get this, I don't recommend getting it online because finding your shade can really be tricky.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Lrodway

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The consistency of this product isn't great; its not very blendable and tends to leave 'tide-marks'. As a tinted moisturiser, one wouldn't expect any real coverage, but the colour is a bit rubbish! I bought it to even out my skin tone on days I don't want a face of foundation, but it's not great. It is around 33 in the UK - which, in my opinion, is hugely overpriced for a less-than-amazing product. Secondly, the packaging is very cheap and of poor quality. I find that the product oozes out too easily. Although it is great for chucking in your handbag, I'd be scared of it leaking. For the price you would definitely expect a little bit more thought and effort to be invested in the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedskier

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am impressed with how nicely this tinted moisturizer matches my skin. It is light weight and has medium coverage. I add a fuller coverage foundation around my eyes and nose. The price to be a bit high but it's a good quality product that will match most skin tones and doesn't wear off unless you're doing excessive exercise.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by scrowley2328

I wear the shade Sand and it is my HG for days when I am in a rush and do not have the time to do a full face of makeup. It doesn't cover as well as BB Creams but just enough so my redness and acne blemishes aren't in everyone's face. It is expensive but until I find a DS product that doesn't break me out and works as well as this then I will continue to buy!

I wish it was a pump though =(

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by KacieLuebke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to swear by cosmedicine tinted moisturizer..but like all great things it was discontinued :( I don't usually get blemishes, and my skin tone is mostly even so i try to steer away from foundations because they just look cakey on my skin. That's what i loved about the cosmedicine..super sheer and smooth. Anyway when i went to find a new moisturizer i accepted the help from one of the ladies at sephora. This product just makes my skin dry, ironically, and it looks even more cakey and rough than any foundation i've ever tried. I was really disappointed that i wasted almost $50 on a horrible product. It makes my skin look aged and disgusting. I would never reccommend this product!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by makeupctgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before using this product, I would mix in a tiny blob of my Body Shop SPF20 oil-free foundation, shade 01, with a bigger blob of Olay Total Effects moisturizer, and then apply it all over my face with my hands. This gave me excellent, natural-looking coverage and lasted the whole day. I thought I would try out this product because of the rave reviews it was getting, and the fact that it would save me the mixing step of my current routine.

At Sephora, I asked one of the salespeople for help with selecting the right colour for my skin. I couldn't decide between Nude and Bisque oil-free tinted foundation. She did a colour-match, and said Bisque was better suited for my skin. I couldn't see any difference between the two colours, but I was worried about getting something that was too dark or too light for my skintone. I decided to go with what the "expert" suggested, and bought the Bisque one.

I have tried it out a few times and am extremely disappointed. I was told by the salesperson that this will give my face a "healthy glow", which it did not. It did not leave my skin feeling moisturized either. Total Effects alone gives me both of these results! I think the colour was too dark as well, because after applying it, I felt my skin turned a strange, dull, grey colour. The coverage was also not impressive; in fact, I feel like it didn't cover ANYTHING, even after putting a significant amount on. I can also "FEEL" it on my skin, I'm not sure how to describe that. My combo of Total Effects and the Body Shop foundation was much better, and cheaper to boot!

For now, I can't decide if I should return this for a refund, or exchange it for the Nude shade and see how that works. Because of this experience, I think I should stick to products I like and that I know work for me, instead of wasting my money on these fancy, expensive, and unimpressive products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Used to love powder foundation for their sheer finish and easy application- just brush on and go. But now my skin is too dry, yet it doesn't need more than light coverage (and of course a good color match). Went to the LM counter at Nordie's to try this (the one for normal to dry skin). Porcelain is a perfect color match. The depth of coverage is sheer yet buildable (for where I need a bit more). It has a dewy finish that lasts on top of my sunscreen (I never go without a high SPF sunscreen). I've applied it with fingers, sponge, and foundation brush. The SA recommended the brush; I like all three, maybe the sponge most.
I keep it cap up in its box in my drawer to keep it from running (that's a problem no one should have). Right now I would repurchase because there aren't better alternatives out there. A tube is better than a pump because you can get out every last bit, but the stuff shouldn't run out the tube when stored.
Update: I like this very much, after using it for nearly a year. I consider it a sheer foundation rather than a moisturizer and sunscreen. For travel, I bought the compact form (see my separate review). I store the tube cap up and have no more problems with product running out. I still like using a sponge to apply.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

This was a such a huge disappointment. never ever ever again. urgh.
I used the oil free version in 'sand'.
I looked bright radiant orange and could have been shipped UPS to oompha loompha land.
I looked like the dreadful Irish cliche of picking foundation colours too dark and too orange. cringe.
My skin was as hydrated as an african desert.

The only use I had for this was in summer- I would blend some with my paler winter foundations to darken and orange them up a bit.

I have given up even trying to bother finishing the tube and will dump it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by DollitaHaze

I am ridiculously picky when I comes to foundations/ tinted moisturizer/ bb creams.On a daily basis, I only use the bare minimum makeup since I find that most products dry out my skin or (slightly) irritate my eyes.That being said, I'm borderline obsessed with perfecting my skin (If you're skin looks flawless, and you're eyebrows are in good shape, you can get away with very little makeup and look fabulous)

My skin is in decent shape. I have slight pigmentation around the nose and occasional breakouts, but mostly its just easily dried out. My biggest problem with tinted moisturizers and liquid foundation (I stay far far away from powder) is the settling into the fine lines around my eyes. Laura Mercier makes a pretty damn good tinted moisturizer though it does hurt my wallet.

Being dry skinned means that I can never skip moisturizing after a shower, though I must say that this tinted moisturizer helps retain moisture. It's creamy and light, and spreads quite easily though (as others have mentioned) it does dry pretty fast. I find that so many tinted moisturizer are slightly waxy so I really love the creamy texture of this product. The coverage is quite minimal- it only works to even the skin and provide a bit of a glow, so if I have a blemish I have to bring out the concealer. It has a satin finish on dry skin, not overly dewy but not matte.

On days I want flawless skin, I mix this tinted moisturizer with Mac face and body foundation and just a tiny drop of apricot oil (dry skinned ladies, you have to try this) then massage it into my skin like a regular moisturizer. It leaves skin glowing, even, and moisturized all day long.

Last is the packaging, which I really not my favourite. I find the squeeze bottle to be quite cheap for the amount of money I'm coughing up. Perhaps something more luxurious, like a glass bottle with a pump, would make it easier to justify spending so much.

Overall, this is a great product if you're willing to splurge a little. Definite repurchase.