BeneFit Cosmetics Dear John - a Movin' On Facial Cream [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Water (Aqua); Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil; C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Glyceryl Stearate; Cetyl Alcohol; Glycerin; PEG-40 Stearate; Cyclopentasiloxane; Cetearyl Alcohol; Tocopheryl Acetate; Phenoxyethanol; Octyldodecanol; Chlorphenesin; Methylparaben; Panthenol; Sodium PCA; Cyclohexasiloxane; Propylparaben; Fragrance (Parfum); Butylparaben; Ethylparaben; Isobutylparaben; Sodium Hyaluronate; Linalool; Butylene Glycol; Propylene Glycol; Butylphenyl Methylpropional; Citric Acid; Althaea Officinalis Root Extract; Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract; Citronellol; Hexyl Cinnamal; Geraniol; Sodium Hydroxide

on 6/5/2007 12:37:00 AM

i saved up forever to buy this (i work retail and i buy compulsively) and i never used it regularly until a few days ago. a few days after i started, i read a review on amazon by a 30-something woman who said this made her break out in huge pimples. the next day, i had 2 gigantic under-skin pimples: one on my chin, and one on a very painful spot on my nose. it's been maybe 3 days, and they're just now starting to go away. needless to say, i am now looking for a lighter moisturizer, but i'll try this again in the winter.

on 5/30/2007 9:19:00 PM

Don't get me wrong, this is a nice moisturizer; it has a wonderful FRESH smell, and feels great too. But for me having combination skin this is wayyyyyyy too oily for me (it contains mineral oil)...my skin looked like a greaseball. I'd recommend this for dry skin only, otherwise STAY AWAY!

on 4/9/2007 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Have you ever just wanted your skin to be moisturized? Not firmed, not brightened, not SPF or anti-oxidanted or bio-peptided or whatever? Then this is the moisturizer for you! It is moisturizing and absorbs quickly-no greasies at all-and-no break-outs from a new product. This smells lovely and a little goes a long way. It is a simple, straight-forward moisturizer-no unnecessary bells and whistles. My only complaint is that I wish it did have an SPF in it, or at least there would be another version with an SPF in it. Otherwise, a lovely product.

on 3/22/2007 3:30:00 AM

The packaging was cute and the smell; did not bother me... i have been using this for a few weeks but it wasnt until today when i woke up, my cheeks were red and my face has dry flaky skin around my nose! this did nothing for my skin!!!! very disappointed. It was a waste of money!

on 3/5/2007 8:24:00 PM

This is my more expensive alternative to Cetaphil (which my face cannot tolerate). LOVE it! I have oily, very acne prone skin with active acne, and it does not break me out!! I only use this at night, but I have noticed that my face is less red in the morning and much more supple. I'll update this review when I go on accutane, to see if this cream can hold up to extremely dry skin. Here's hoping! ;)

on 2/25/2007 3:35:00 PM

I love this stuff. I started using it about 2 years ago and i recently tried another kind of moisturizer, which sucked and i went back to my dear john. what was i thinking when i tried another brand. This stuff is awesome, doesnt break me out, it is thick enough in the winter and in the summer, a little goes a long way, so i use it all year round... EDIT
again i tried something else, MB aha ceramide, no good, im back to this and i really dont think i will ever stray again

on 12/14/2006 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this as gratis. Its an extremely thick and luscious moisturizer that comes in a screw top jar. Its so rich, you only need a dab to cover your face and neck. Im on prescription tazorac so I use this in the am under my makeup and it keeps flakies at bay. Its worth the $30 price tag!

on 11/20/2006 11:04:00 AM

I have normal to combo skin that can be acne prone. This is a great night time cream that i CAN use. It sinks in well, doesn't create new acne, and if anything, it calms my skin nicely. I can always expect a less ruddy appearance in the morning when i use this at night. I like the smell, texture, and price. It's a great cream.

on 11/4/2006 12:12:00 PM

I received this as a sample. I didn't find anything special whatsoever about this moisturizer. It seemed like anything you could find in a drugstore. Of course, with a much higher price tag. . . .

on 10/18/2006 11:11:00 PM

I have 35-year old combination skin that feels nice and silky after using Dear John. Just a tiny bit morning and night, year-round, keeps me nice and radiant and smooth. No breakouts for me with this, despite its heaviness.I like the light smell but am still pleased that it doesn't linger.

This is my 2nd jar, and I've been using it for quite awhile. It's nowhere near running out because I need to use so little each time I apply it. I'll definitely repurchase, if they're still making it when I run out. ;)

I wish the glass jar weren't so heavy, since I'm a clutz and it's bound to get dropped at some point, but the packaging is cute.

Oddly, I wouldn't call this my HG. I don't know why. Something is holding me back and I'm not sure what it is. Something to think about...