September 17, 2014 | 2002 users online

Conditioner - Redken - All Soft Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I never used the old formula so I don't have a method of comparison, but I couldn't wait to finish the bottle I had, and only did so because it was expensive. First, though it is very subtle and disappears quickly, I absolutely hated the honey scent. I found it nauseating. But the bottom line is, it really did absolutely nothing, not even detangle. I don't understand the positive reviews but I guess everyone's hair is different.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Hautepants

I love this conditioner so much! It is definitely my HG. Makes my thick coarse hair so soft and shiny. And the best part is, it doesnt have a lot of yucky stuff in it to weigh hair down after awhile. I hate hate hate product build up..and this stuff doesnt have any. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Livie19

So I have tried SO many differnt conditioners in the past because my hair is very weird, its wavy yet straight yet frizzy at the same time it is medium fine hair, and I have ALOT of hair. So I tried this and absolutly fell in love with this, I dont understand why everyone saying all this bad stuff about this conditioner and it works brillinatly, it is so nice, makes my hair extra soft and manageable, smells great also, I have never tried the shampoo, I use the biolage scalp therapy shampoo and AG clarifying shampoo and LOVE biolage products, and Redken, redken and biolage are the brands I use the most.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Neophiliac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This conditioner is even heavier than the companion shampoo. It makes your hair soft, but that's about all it does.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a light weight conditioner with a lovely honey scent. For the price I don't know if this works any better than your average drugstore variety conditioner. I really liked the shampoo though, so I might purchase this again if it came as a set.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by rgkupo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used Redkin All Soft for years and this summer they changed the formulation of the product. I have thick coarse light brown hair with a slight wave that is very hard to manage. All Soft was the only shampoo that made my hair amazingly soft, shiny and manageable. The new All Soft leaves my hair dull and brittle and you get greasy build up at the crown. I can only use the conditioner on my tips as it is so greasy and doesn't wash out. This stuff is awful. Now I will have to find something else. If anyone has any recommendations for a product similar to the old All Soft let me know! I used to use Redkin Smooth Down, all though I loved the results of the old All Soft more, perhaps I will try that again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by mesloan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this bcuz of the good ratings. I have curly hair. This product felt as if I used nothing. Did not work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Calina_Oscura76

I used All Soft for years.. at least the past 10 years. This stuff was incredible for reversing damage on my *than* colored, heat treated hair. I always loved this stuff, and the treatment that went with..

Fast forward to the latest reformulation with IPN ... Too much protein for daily use. I stopped dying my hair in 2009, but I still blow dry and straighten, and this stuff literally sucks the moisture out of my hair. WHY, oh WHY do companies mess with a good thing? *sigh* So where I would have once given this and the shampoo a 5 lippie review, I drop it to a 2. Why a 2? Because I can still use it on occasion, (great for camping.. with the hard water and all) and my sons naturally curly hair loves this stuff. Made my daughters hair incredibly dry though.. :( Unfortunate that they keep changing the formula, the formula that I liked the most had the silk in it.. ( second formula I believe.)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by jess37909

UGH!!!! I'm shocked by any good reviews this line has! Let me start by saying that I used to use this a long time ago and always loved it. I remember my hair being buttery soft afterwards. Fast forward several years and, WELL, FORGET ABOUT IT! Apparently I missed the memo about Redken changing the formula. *SMH* I bought this 2 days ago after running out of my normal conditioner. Well, today is day 2 of using and I look at my hair this morning and realize all of my hair is breaking off. BREAKING OFF. Yes, completely snapped all over the top of my hair. WTF? I haven't changed my diet, I drink almost TOO much water, I exercise everyday, I eat amazing, I don't dry my hair or use straighteners and I certainly am not breaking or cutting off my own hair. Shame on you Redken for using all the CRAP ingredients that are in this stuff. This stuff ruined my hair. This stuff is the equivalent of eating a big mac and fries everyday and thinking it's gonna work out. YUCK!!!!!! In the trash is where it's going.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Jinstellakwon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I first used All Soft when I had a weave in 2009 and although I've tried other conditioners, I always come back. It has a great smell and leaves my hair feeling silky smooth. No buildup and no extra weight. Highly Recommended.