April 23, 2014 | 1316 users online

Conditioner - Giovanni - 50/50 Balanced Remoisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2007 2:00:00 PM More reviews by gloriagloria

Hands down, the best conditioner ever! You have to understand something about me, I never, ever, ever go through an entire bottle of s/c. I usually get fed up with it and throw it under the sink. This has become my HG! The matching shampoo is just as nice. My hair is baby fine, very dry, color-treated and wavy. This conditioner along with the shampoo brought shine, moisture and the life back into my hair. I love Giovanni products!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 1:59:00 PM More reviews by dsbbhome

I've been using this brand for over a year (a first!) and absolutely love it. I was prescribed a fragrance free lifestyle by my Fibromyalgia specialist but was unable to find any fragrance free products that I actually liked. I went into the drugstore and literally stood and sniffed all the shampoos and conditioners to find one that had a fragrance that I could live with (this one is extremely light...barely perceptable), had an ingredient list without SLS and lots of natural good for your hair stuff, and actually worked. This one fit the bill nicely and I've been using it ever since. My doctor who is extremely sensitive to fragrances (she won't even let you use Dove unscented because it stinks!!) hasn't even noticed that I've switched to something scented! It does not build up on my hair, and my hairs feels really moisturized and silky. Great product!

My only complaint...the lid snapped off when the bottle fell onto the floor...and it's so thick that its hard to get out of the bottle.

Will keep repurchasing...for those in the USA, you can get it from Lucky Vitamin for under $5. Here in Canada, I get it at Shopper's Drug Mart for under $10...$8.99 if it's on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2007 8:28:00 AM More reviews by Infraredhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this as a leave in conditioner. I like that the Giovanni products have the meter on the back as mentioned by previous posters. This was much more moisturizing than the direct leave in. I use it when the weather is dry and no humidity. Keeps my long frizzy curls piecy if that makes sense when used in combination with mousse or gel. A little goes a LONG way. The only thing I do not like is that if I squirt out too much I can't put it back in the container because of the way it is constructed. One bottle will last me a long time. I also love that it has no cones!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2007 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Guava_Bee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The is my first no-cone conditioner I've tried based on the reviews here and no regrets at all. My hair always seems bouncy and shiny after I use this. There seems to be less hair shed with this too. The shampoo is great too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2007 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference, I have naturally curly 3A/B, fine hair, medium density, that is colored and has a mild chemical relaxer on it. I picked up this conditioner and matching shampoo on a whim based on raves from the hairboard. I really do like it. Leaves my hair feeling soft and manageable... and isn't drying in the least bit =D It moisturizes very nicely... without tons of silicone-based ingredients... and has a very mild, non-offensive scent. In my area I can only find this at Whole Foods but others say they find it in the drugstore. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2007 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Kandinsky

Love this! Use it with the 50/50 shampoo, and the combination has softened my dry/coarse/thick hair. The price is right (about $7/bottle) and it smells great. Best yet- it adds tons of moisture without build up! **UPDATE** This is an outstanding conditioner and am upping my rating to 5 lippies. I have been using this conditioner for about 3 months, and have found that I really don't need to use a separate deep conditioner. This is amazing because I blowdry and straighten my hair every day and I've noticed that I don't have as many split ends or dryness. I still use this with the 50/50 shampoo, which I have reviewed and updated.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by notedgy

I really like this conditioner for the most part. It leaves my hair very silky and detangled right out of the shower, and it hasn't left any yucky build-up on my hair. For some reason though, when I'm drying my hair, it tends to get lots of fly-aways after I use this conditioner and the matching shampoo. I usually just spray on a leave-in and the problem is solved. I actually wish it left my hair just a little more weighed down. It's not a perfect conditioner, but it does the job.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2007 10:31:00 PM More reviews by blueberri

This is an excellent conditioner, providing plenty of slip and shine. It isn't quite as moisturising as the Tea Tree Triple Treat one though, which my hair prefers. I will definitely be buying again though, as these two seem to tag-team to create a fantastic effect, so will continue to alternate to get the best of both :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2007 6:48:00 PM More reviews by minicapybara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All the Giovanni shampoos and conditioners have a little "scale" in the form of 4 leaves on the back of the bottle, indicating if the shampoo is more "clarifying" or "moisturizing". I forgot what it is with conditioner, but this one is supposed to be the most moisturizing. Well, it's not, so if you're looking for major moisture for very dry hair, I don't believe this is sufficient. I, however, just want something to detangle the ends of my hair. THIS the product does marvelously well, and at the same time being very easy to rinse clean. My hair's soft and not weighed down afterwards. The product does have a slight scent of...something. I honestly can't tell what the scent is supposed to be, and I don't care for it, but fortunately it does not linger. Giovanni products usually go for around $7.99 CAD. Certainly a bit pricey for a drugstore product, but if it's truly "organic" and "sulfate-free", then well worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2006 12:31:00 PM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm in total agreement with mitabird. Great detangling but otherwise blah. My curls were super-frizzy. I even tried this in warm and cool weather, thinking maybe it was a seasonal thing and when out of town thinking it might be water-type connected, but I got frizz galore whenever and wherever I used this conditioner. The frizz made my hair feel very wiry and dry, so I'm not sure if it wasn't enough moisture or riled up my frizz too much to tell.