MAC Cleanse Off Oil

4.3

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate,Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Squalane, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Oil, Tocopherol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Water / Aqua / Eau, Rosa Canina (Rose) Fruit Oil, Limonene

on 1/15/2013 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this!!!! I have weird combo/oily -combo dry skin prone to break outs and this didn't break me out or dry me out either. Takes off everything!!!!! Love that my lashes don't fall out either...lol. I'm addicted!!! I still use a cleanser afterwards but only because I'm afraid of breaking out. The packaging is great and the smell isn't bad either...the price is so so kinda pricey but soooo worth it! Would definitely buy again.

on 1/15/2013 12:24:00 AM

I only purchased this to help get my mascara and eyeliner off. Instead, I found a really nice basic cleanser. It dissolves all my makeup, but I don't love it around my eyes. I have to rub the oil in for my mascara to dissolve and it clouds up my eyes if it seeps in. Still, if I don't use a separate eye makeup remover, this cleanser will get the job done. This doesn't break me out and it helps balance the oil production of my face. Sometimes I will wash my face a second time with another cleanser, but often I use this by itself as my evening cleanser. I've already repurchased and will continue to in the future. Cleanser is one of those things where it can be great for one person and awful on another, but this works for me so I wanted to add a positive review.

on 1/8/2013 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm on my 2nd bottle and will continue to purchase. Does an absolute job to taking off makeup, I like the feeling of all the grit and makeup coming off. Sometimes I use it just on the eyes, takes off mascara. W/o taking off your eyelashes! Yay! I am prone to breakouts and did not break me out at all, I usually follow up with a light cleanse with my regular cleanser.

on 1/2/2013 12:55:00 PM

I have tried several makeup cleansing oils (e.g. Shu Uemura, Boscia, DHC, etc.), and MAC's Cleanse Off Oil is by far the best one I've found so far. Unlike the other cleansing oils I've tried, MAC's Cleanse Off Oil does not irritate my sensitive eyes, does not leave any oily residue on the skin, and it has not caused me to break me out whatsoever (and I am very prone to acne breakouts). It is lightly scented with a somewhat citrusy smell. The scent is very light. It thoroughly removes all makeup, including waterproof mascara and liners, and it emulsifies and rinses off fairly easily.

It will cloud your eyes if you get it in your eyes, but it's not at all irritating.

The packaging is fairly standard (comes in a clear bottle with a pump). I do find that the bottle is well made (some other cleansing oils will leak if the bottle gets turned over, but not MAC's Cleanse Off Oil).

The price is a bit steep, but fairly comparable with other cleansing oils on the market.

MAC does sell the Cleanse Off Oil in travel size bottles, so if you're unsure whether to invest the $$, try the travel size first.

Will definitely repurchase - has become a staple item for me.

on 1/1/2013 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

LOVE IT!

I have never have spent $28 for any makeup remover before, but I knew I would love this! Every MAC SA I've spoke to about this uses it themselves religiously and whole-heartily recc. ( So do I)

I use eye MU removers and feel like I lose lots of lashes. But the cleasnse off oil is sooooo gentle refreshing and kinda fun to use. I feel like I'm performing a magic trick when it feels like regular oil at first, then when you get it wet it turns into a milky lather! lol I actually look forward to using this! I love how my skin looks afterward. It smells like natural oils. Plus I don't have to follow up with more cleansing.

I know this is going to become a beauty routine staple for me! This is a true winner!! :-)

on 12/19/2012 7:05:00 AM

I have repurchased this multiple times because of how easily it removes all my makeup. It removes waterproof mascara effortlessly as well as water-resistant foundation and concealer. You have to use it the right way in order for it to work. You apply and rub the oil in on dry skin and then start introducing a little bit of water and work that in and then completely rinse. It is much better than other oil cleansers. I tried a different oil cleanser after using this just because I wanted to save on money but it did not compare to the MAC version whatsoever. I love that it turns into a milky cleanser and doesn't leave an oily residue on your face. I still wash with another cleanser afterwards. I haven't tried to see how my skin would react if I didn't wash again but I'm just too paranoid because I have very acne prone skin. I will say though with the double cleansing, I haven't seen any breakouts caused by this. Before I cleansed again, I do notice that my skin felt very soft after using the oil cleanser but again I'm paranoid. If your skin isn't as sensitive and acne prone, I definitely think you can get away with using just this cleanser. Overall, I really love it, I love that you don't need to use extra things with it like cotton pads which I don't enjoy buying. It makes my skincare routine quick and simple because I can use one product to remove both face and eye make up. It's great. Highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

MAC Cleanse Off Oil is now my HG make-up remover, it's a fab product.
Completely removes all make-up so you can get a thorough cleanse.

What I like about MAC Cleanse Off Oil in comparison to Dermalogica PreCleanse is that this oil is more wet. Dermalogica PreCleanse is a very dry, dry, dry oil and the more I used it, the more I hated rubbing this dry oil into my dry face.

In terms of quality, Mac oil is great at what it does. I only need to use one pump to remove all my make-up.
To ensure a thorough cleanse, I massage the oil onto dry skin, then wet my hands and keep rubbing until my eye make up is thoroughly broken down then rinse off. My skin is looking clearer and feels less congested.

Also, for a MAC product, I think the price is really reasonable so I would continue to repurchase.

on 12/4/2012 7:04:00 AM

I've got combination skin and tried OCM, which did not work at all (3 months period) and it left my skin very dirty.
MAC oil is different, it removes all traces of make up without any problem. I use waterproof foundations and camouflage make up so it's important to take it off completely. MAC clean off oil is my first step in my evening routine and afterwards I use Clarisonic and Purity cleanser.
On contact with water it turns milky and washes off without any problems and does not leave greasy residue. Very similar to DHC cleansing oil but it does not leave skin tight.

on 11/27/2012 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I've repurchased this product about 3-4 times. I love it because it dissolves all my makeup in a matter of seconds- from things as light as water based foundations to MUFE Mat Velvet +. To use this I place 2 pumps of the oil in my dry clean hands and rub them together. Then I glide my hands over my whole entire face, including the eyes (keeping them nice and tight of course). I do this for 10-20 seconds so that all my makeup breaks down. The first time you do this it's going to feel soooo disgusting because it feels like all your makeup has turned into paint sludge and it's hovering all over your skin. Don't worry you'll get used to it! Then I'll take some luke warm water and rinse everything off. The oily solution turns into a milky cleanser and everything comes off with great ease. Sometimes if I need more makeup removal (rare) I'll add in one more pump and massage it over my face and rinse. AFTER I'm done using this I'll follow up with a cleanser for choice in order to clean my skin. As a personal tip it is IMPORTANT to understand that makeup remover is NOT a substitute for cleanser!!!!

- I would say this oil fairs more on the drying side for me but it's easily fixable with moisturizer.
- I have tried to use organic jojoba oil as a makeup remover but it doesn't beat this product. The glory of this product is that it goes from an oil to a milk upon contact with water. That I know of no other cleanser can do this!
- Yes it is pricey and I live in Canada to boot but it anything that I put on my face that is of quality if worth the extra dollar.
- I am acne prone and this product when followed with a 2ndary cleanser does not lead me to believe it is responsible for breakouts.
- As an acne prone person I enjoy this b/c it glides over my face easily and doesn't irritate sore bumps like other mu removers do.
- Will repurchase but interested in the shu umera one to!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Once i got over the weird idea of rubbing oil all over my face, lol I found that this is a good cleanser. I rub this all over on a dry, full face of makeup, then wet my hands, rub some more and rinse and repeat, takes off all makeup gently and leaves my skin feeling clean, no oil residue at all. I really enjoy using this product, there's no pulling or tugging on my eyes, and no dry(not oily either, just clean) feeling afterwards. I follow up with a toner and moisterizer. My skin feels great. Really happy I decided to try this.