December 19, 2014 | 1667 users online

Moisturizers - Kiehl's - Sodium PCA Oil Free Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2007 8:20:00 PM More reviews by tarter1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i think the kiehl's sodium PCA oil free moisturizer is excellent. it is very light. i have combo/sensitive skin and i would use this at night. my skin always felt great in the morning! however, i do have a problem with blackheads on my nose and i do not believe the hype about "oil free" anymore because these products still clog pores! this is a great/perfect moisturizer for anyone who doesn't have to worry about clogged pores and blackheads! i would re-purchase because the price is reasonable and it did make my face feel very smooth. i only complain about my own blackhead problem and the "oil free" claim that MANY companies use.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2006 5:28:00 PM More reviews by mollygail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have very oily sensitive skin. This moisturizer is perfect. To get the best results, I use the Kiehl's Tea Tree toner beforehand to ensure absorption. It is the perfect regimine for someone who can't find a good moisturizer for oily sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2006 5:35:00 PM More reviews by fashionista36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not really sure about this product. It hasn't made my skin break out or anything, but it is greasy. I do find it keeps my skin moisturized very well for the cold winter months. I just wish it would come in a bottle instead of a jar. IT's an okay product, though. Nothing spectacular.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2006 8:59:00 PM More reviews by insouciance66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

So Bizarre!!! Left my very oily skin feeling greasy as it went on, and yet dry under my makeup :( SO not for me!! I realize this might be the right moisturizer for some, but it did nothing for me at all. Thank goodness for samples. I gave it the lippies it got for being inexpensive and obviously good for some - just not me! I'll stick with my Olay regenerist serum for now, until a better moisturizer for oily skin comes along.
Also, HATE that it comes in a bug tub - YUCK!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2006 7:14:00 PM More reviews by jojomo237

When I started using this moiturizer I liked it. As time went on I noticed that it left a waxy film on my skin. The number of blackheads in my t-zone increased when I used this product...never a good thing. Another miss from Kiehl's.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2006 2:25:00 AM More reviews by shiroihikaru

Another average moisturizer for me that only works during the winter months. It's too much to use for the summer days. Even though I use it during the winter, there's not enough moisture in the cream so I have to use it in conjunction with another moisturizer. I also don't like the fact that this comes in a tub.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2006 11:53:00 PM More reviews by avalon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Horrid moisturizer. Feels extremely thick and greasy, even though it claims to be "oil free." I have normal to oily skin so I thought this would be the perfect moisturizer. Wrong! I don't remember ever breaking out so badly from one product. I have matching huge zits on both cheeks...I never get those kind of zits unless something has completely irritated my skin, which this has. Thank goodness I got samples so I didn't have to waste my money on this junk!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2006 11:30:00 AM More reviews by dylan2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the way this product makes my face feel... very soft and smooth. It is great at night or under makeup. It doesn't make me break out, although by the end of the workday my face is a bit shiny. I will definitely buy again, as the price is pretty good (about $34 Cdn for a 4 oz. tub). I wish it came in a tube as I don't like putting my fingers in a tub, but other than that it is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2006 3:32:00 PM More reviews by starpiste

After my doctor told me to take a break from all skincare products to get my severe rosacea under control this was the first thing I added back in. This has not upset my super-sensitive skin at all and leaves me feeling moisturized without feeling oily - even in hot weather. It also holds make-up really nicely and I also blend it with cream foundations when I want lighter coverage and I've never had any problems with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2006 4:36:00 AM More reviews by livadia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is one of my favourite moisturizers of all time and I have tried everything out there from dirt cheap (St. Ives) to expensive (Sisley) ones. I liked this because it has no detectable fragrance, and is creamy yet completely oil-free. Most oil-free ones don't provide enough moisture, but this one is an exception. I would consider this a good BASIC moisturizer for oily but dehydrated skins, or slightly oily skins for summer use. But I don't think very oily skins will like this as it is, after all, creamy. I'm taking away one star as it can leave skin feeling a bit goo-ey (like there is some residue left) on face when you try to clean your face in the morning if you have applied this at night. But I believe this is actually the Sodium PCA (a humectant. I get that kind of feeling with the Blue Astringent (also containing Sodium PCA) so I avoid using them together.