October 20, 2014 | 1898 users online

Crème - Estee Lauder - Maximum Cover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by curemyson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this for years and can not count how many compliments i get on my "skin". I do have nice skin but I like the look of a finished face. A tube lasts forever. I put on moisturizer (whatever I'm using this month) and before it dries I take a small drop (smaller than a pea) and rub it on the tips of my fingers and start at the nose area (redness) and work my way out. This tiny amount covers my entire face and does not look mask like and because it mixes with the moisturizer it's less opaque but still great coverage. I don't need concealer around my eyes when I use this, it is just the right amount to cover. I can't say enough good things about this. everyone should try it, the coverage is adjustable the finish is great and it lasts all day long.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by heatherkay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i bought this when i first became a news anchor 14 years ago, because i wanted a full-coverage, matte look and it really did the job. i eventually got my sister (who still uses it to this day) and my mother hooked, as well. but there is a really strange side-effect of this makeup i've not seen in any others: my face would glow white in pictures. it didn't matter the time of day, whether the flash was used or whatever. if i was wearing this makeup, my face looked white in pictures. because of that i changed makeup and became a big fan of MAC. i have used all kinds of makeup since then and never had my picture come out so strange. hope this helps if you're thinking about wearing it for some special occasion where there will be cameras -- especially weddings!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2008 8:53:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have tried for the first time this foundation earlier this week and so far I have to say it is good.
Probably not HG material, but good.
I have this in the palest colour (ivory) and it is soooo pigmented that the Ivory shade is even too pale for my pale skintone.
But this is not really a problem as light shades can always be darkened with a drop of darker foundation or bronzer (that's what I did today, bronzer).
Maximum Cover is a liquid foundation but it is pigmented as a concealer.
I used just a tiny bit (they recommend, on the instructions, "to use sparingly") on my cheeks & forehead, areas where I have my melasma .
And then I blended and blended w/ my fingers.
The result at the beginning is kinda scary, I was looking like a theatre mask. Then i did the details of my face, like the under eye , the nose etc in order to be evenly covered.
I let it dry some minutes and then applied the setting powder.
It was OK... well, it is obvious w/ this foundation that you are wearing foundation (forget the natural look!!), so if you want that "nude skin " look this is not for you.
I was all in all a hint too white so I applied bronzer on top.
After that I was OK. My skin looked lovely, smooth and fresh. Melasma was almost all covered (I guess if I had applied a drop more the result would have been complete coverage). I proceeded with the rest of my make up.
But for the time being I am OK with that small quantity on.
It has excellent staying power, does not dry your skin and and keeps olies at bay.
A great product, that I will certainly repurchase (in a darker shade, perhaps).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 7:27:00 PM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

First EL purchase for me.
On days when I am super dry under eyes, the dryness shows off as dark circles so I purchased this to test drive an undereye brightener.

The product is liquid, spf 15. The color selection consists of 4 tone choices and 1 green concealment color. Should be used over a well moisturized skin surface or you will see dry accentuated areas. For maximun cover as claimed, I found a patting/tapping application better than rubbing or brush on. The color did not oxidize and morph into other colors and it stayed put. Best news, no pileup in fine lines at the end of the day. Packaging is good: squeeze tube with pinhole opening for clean, minimal waste usage. My everyday concealer here. $30usd/1 oz.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2008 9:18:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

This is for the lightweight version. I thought this caused cystic breakouts, but thankfully it was the Dior bronzer. This makes an incredible concealer! It's too heavy for me all over, but is the best concealer I've found to cover acne scars and breakouts. The pigment is intense, lasting power impressive, and the tube will last for ages. The shade seems dark, but oddly matches my VERY pale yellow skin once it's on. Nothing covers or conceals better!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 4:04:00 PM More reviews by HoNeYBuNc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my lifesaver. I have no problems with my skin, my face is very clear, however I live in Malta where is gets super hot and super humid, and I seem to perspire from my face only. Foundation in summer was impossible for me, I went through many (very many many) brands until I found this one. It is waterproof, perspiration proof and make me look like faces on magazines.... flawless! Sadly it is not stocked in Malta, so everytime I am going abroad, or my boyfriend is going abroad I make him go and buy me a couple. He is used to it now!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2008 7:07:00 PM More reviews by jmb217

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have good skin, but have a little rosacea in my cheeks. I put on a good moisturizer, then Kiehl's light tinted moisturizer and then a TINY bit of this on each cheek. It doesn't look like I've a mask on or show any lines of demarcation...it just covers up the rosacea and makes blush look better. I also really like it as a concealer. It has a beautiful light, satin finish. I have normal skin with drier skin on the cheeks and no visible pores. This is doing exactly what I was looking for. I wear it in the lightest shade.

edit...looks cakey no matter how I thin it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 7:27:00 PM More reviews by aswest

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Someone posted on here recently that they ordered this product, but the color was wrong for their skin tone. They said they contacted the esteelauder.com website and wrote what happened. They sent her a replacement in a different color free of charge. The same thing happened to me, but the website informed me that I would have to return the one I ordered to them in order to get one in a different shade. I really don't want to do that if it isn't necessary. Has anyone gotten Estee Lauder to send them another product without having to pay for it? Thanks.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by shazzer628

This product was SO expensive, and because of this, I thought it would make my skin look flawless. This powder made my face look dry, and at first I thought the color looked nice in the mirror, but then I walked outside and it looked orange as another reviewer mentioned as well. I think this line was made for fairer skinned girls, their darker colors really aren't that great. Expensive and funny colored, I will NOT buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought two tubes of this about seven years ago and have only used it on and off, so they haven't run out yet. When I first got it I chose the 'light' shade (it has been so long that they may have changed the shades now), and I found it WAY too heavy for all over application and also too orangey for my skintone. I then got it in 'Very Light' which was still slightly too dark at the time. Now that i have started using fake tan, the shades are far better. I still don't wear it all over because it can look very thick and cakey, but it is AMAZING for concealing blemishes. You know the type of blemish that seems to repel concealer? Well this will cover those. I also use it under my eyes when I have particularly bad dark circles. I know that experts recommend that you throw away foundation after a year or so, but this has never shown any signs of going off (separation, funny smell etc.), and I think that's because the tube is pretty hygienic. You literally only need the tiniest little drop to cover any blemishes or circles.I can't imagine this running out, but if it did I think I would repurchase.