November 24, 2014 | 1911 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by misscocktail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

as stated here already, this is a fragrance for real women. A few years ago i couldn't pull this of. Now That i'm nearly 30, married and have kids, having a carrier, it fits me perfectly! it's soft, not too heavy, floral and clean with a hint of mystery... this smells everything but old lady! :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Valmerc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Too floral.
Smells "old".

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by littlemissdimples88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a small sample bottle of this when I bought some Chanel skincare products. Omg it smells terrible to me. Overrated. I remember trying a bit from the bottle on my older sister's dressing table once a few years back, and i hated it then too. I thought now that i was a bit older i might find it nicer, but NO it still smells horrid. And it smells like a very artificial, trying-to-hard woman might wear it.

Btw I've seen a poll done on men and Chanel No 5 was one of their most hated scents. Dior Poison was there too. :p

(I'm not trying to be rude or anything. Perfume smells different on different pple depending on how it reacts with your body chemistry. So possibly it smells great on some ladies.)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by ihraracerkim

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a fragrance for real women, not little girls ;)

14 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well this might be a little unfair review because it's not me who own this perfume, but my mother.. Eventhough she LOVE IT and I think it smells lovely on her, I absolutly hate it on myself. Think it's a fragrance for older women :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by ooohdiamonds

I feel this scent has a resemblance to baby powder. A really expensive baby powder. I am not too much of a fan, especially being 20 years old. I believe it's because I do feel it's more suited an older, mature woman. It's something my mother or grandmother would wear. Probably something I would wear in another 20 years time.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

I smelt this on tester in David jones and nearly yacked on the spot!, and my bf agreed it was horrid, this tops my list of the worst smelling perfume I have ever smelt. Yuck

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by kikulicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

As one of the world's favourite scents, I've had many encounters with this perfume - of course I have. It was one of the first to use aldehydes - a game changer. And it was supposed to smell clean, and yet have a touch of sexiness, thus rendering it able to bridge the gap between overly flowery perfumes, and the kinky ones used by those of the "demi-mondaine".

When I tried a spray of it my boyfriend told me (after I tried convincing him that it smelled awesome) that I smelled like a soapy papertowel - you know the kinds you get at cheap chinese restaurants?
And I agree - I smelled like cheap soap even after a long time. After getting a second opinion to confirm that the perfume did NOT smell good, I've decided to not purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had this perfume years ago, unfortunately a guy I was going out with snitched it from me. (Hope he pays in heaven or hell for this someday!) Anyhoo, although I loved it I didn't love it enough to buy it again, so I've never used it since. I didn't expect to like it, I don't usually like the things everyone else does. But I had tried it on and it smelt just SO GOOD. I can't quite remember now, but I remember that it was sophisticated and made you smell like you had good taste, and it was a bit sweet but not very much, just a touch. I also remember that it turned out to be not as expensive as I had expected considering how famous it is. It was very strong, so you only need a drop or two, so the cheapest bottle will last you forever (if someone doesn't steal it from you).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by sillage

I have never ever EVER liked Chanel #5 -- not ever -- not any formulation, and I've tried each and every one of them.

I currently own (and have for years!) Chanel #5 in EDP, EDT, Sensual Elixir, Eau Premiere. All struck out. There's some kind of musty, dusty, murky quality in the base (like a basement) -- and I don't like that quality -- and I can smell it in every formulation, even Eau Premiere.

Chanel #5 is just not for me -- never has been, never will be -- I don't really know why. And it's the best-selling perfume of all time -- go figure. I must be missing something!