April 19, 2014 | 851 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by stl

It does sting a bit, not really for sensitive skin. For this price, I'd rather buy L'Oreal.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2011 5:31:00 AM More reviews by lovejkras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Let me say first that I am a Body Shop addict-- their aloe skincare line is amazing and works wonderfully with my dry and sensitive skin. I received this product for free during their holiday gift promo this year and I am so incredibly happy I did not pay the $14.50 for it...here's why:

1) It is not "gentle" as it claims--it even mildly stings my eyes as I remove my makeup. For that reason alone I wouldn't repurchase.

2) It does a terrible job at removing my makeup! I don't even use waterproof mascara or liner so I really have no idea why it doesn't work. It always leaves me with raccoon eyes, not a good look.

3) This thing is LOADED with parabens, those are carcinogens, guys! Four types which is pretty insane for a company that prides itself on being natural and "organic."

I'm sticking with Neutrogena- does the job, doesn't sting and is less than half the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 8:23:00 AM More reviews by delirious

This is by far one of the best eye makeup remover! It easily removes my mascara and eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

This is my all time favourite. It will not remove waterproof mascara so one lippie off for that! it does do a decent job of normal eyemakeup. It doesn't leave my eyes feeling irritated or an oily film across my eyes when I have removed everything. A fraction of the price of high end eyemakup removers and every bit as good in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

Does an ok job only in my opinion. Remove normal eye makeup alright, but does not for waterproof stuff. It does sting my eyes sometimes, so I am not a big fan of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2010 5:00:00 AM More reviews by lkjhxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To all the reviewers who said that this stung their eyes, I discovered that this did the same to me after a year or so. During the first 6 months this worked really well, removed all my waterproof eye makeup, wasn't greasy etc. I left this lying somewhere for a few months as I was trying another remover. Went back to this and thought that this stung a little, so stopped using it. Went back to this again after another month or so and it stung like crazy! My eyes were watering for about 10 mins. So I guess there is an "expiratory date" for this even though its not explicitly written on the bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2010 8:42:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely, noooo! It even couldn't the slightest make-up, it burns eyes, although it's claimed that it's suitable for sensitive eyes-skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2010 7:07:00 AM More reviews by janetxyuu

Seeing as this product was one of The Body Shop's bestseller, I went ahead and bought it.

Wow, this thing made my eyes burn. I was trying to get my non-waterproof mascara off and I couldn't even continue because my lids started to hurt.
It also left my eye with smear of makeup on, tears, and dry.

It may work for others, but it definitely is not for me.

I love products from The Body Shop, especially the aloe line, but this was horrible. I hope I can still return it...

Beware.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 6:41:00 AM More reviews by pimenta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the waterproof version, a bit more expensive but it takes all my mascara, I never liked the oily eye make up removers, so this one is perfect for me because it's a very gentle cream and it removes all my makeup without effort

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by GillianA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product really irritated my eyes and the surrounding skin. My eyes stung and watered when I used it, and after a few days of use my eye-lids had become red and rough - this was VERY visible and also really stung. I also didn't think it was very effective at removing waterproof mascara.
I don't have particularly sensitive eyes but this product caused me a lot of problems.
However, I was able to return it and got a full refund.