December 21, 2014 | 1884 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by pinksaburke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this make-up remover during a promotion at TBS this weekend. I'm glad I only purchsed the trial size and it only cost me $2. I like that it is gentle on the eyes BUT it does nothing to remove waterproof mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by nikkionthego

I bought this remover after not using it for years, and it is much worse then I remember. It works OK for regular make-up, but does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for waterproof. A huge disappointment!! Back on the hunt...

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by MariaCamilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very splitted feelings for this product. It says on the bottle that it's great for sensitive which I don't believe in. I like the idea of the soothing chamomile, but to me it seems more harsh than soothing. It stings a lot when it gets in the eyes and makes a strange foam on the cotton pad. Also it contains benzyl alcohol which can cause eye irritations and with that said it doesn't make any sense to put in an eye makeup remover to me. The big variety of parabens added doesn't make me happy either.
With all that said it actually removes my eye makeup efficient and I fortunately haven't felt any eye irritations yet. But I wouldn't but this again and my hunt on a great organic and gentle eye makeup remover goes on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

I adore this stuff! No, it doesn't work well to remove waterproof mascara, but it will erase everything else. It never stings my eyes, and sometimes I use it all over my face as a general makeup remover. It works wonderfully. My face and eyes never feel dry or tight after I use it. I've had trouble with nearly every other type of remover stinging my eyes or leaving a film, but not this one. I keep buying it as soon as I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by nabs07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its an okay remover..it doesn't do a great job in removing all my eye make up though, it takes two cotton pads/4 squirts to remove it all -- there are times I can still see remnants of mascara while I cleanse. However, I've never experienced any stinging or irritation. It does not have a strong chemical scent which I also like. I bought this during a sale a few weeks ago and got it for $12..After reading all the irritation complaints, I'll be on the look out for these symptoms and edit my review..I wouldn't repurchase though because it doesn't remove as effectively as it should.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by MSMKUP

I'm happy I did not purchase this and got this during the bag for life campaign. This is defenitly not for sensitive skin or the eye area period. It leaves my skin red and stings a bit. It does do the job but you do have to sacrifice comfort. It gets three stars just because it removed my makeup. But other than that it wouldnt be such a high rating.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by stl

It does sting a bit, not really for sensitive skin. For this price, I'd rather buy L'Oreal.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2011 5:31:00 AM More reviews by lovejkras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Let me say first that I am a Body Shop addict-- their aloe skincare line is amazing and works wonderfully with my dry and sensitive skin. I received this product for free during their holiday gift promo this year and I am so incredibly happy I did not pay the $14.50 for it...here's why:

1) It is not "gentle" as it claims--it even mildly stings my eyes as I remove my makeup. For that reason alone I wouldn't repurchase.

2) It does a terrible job at removing my makeup! I don't even use waterproof mascara or liner so I really have no idea why it doesn't work. It always leaves me with raccoon eyes, not a good look.

3) This thing is LOADED with parabens, those are carcinogens, guys! Four types which is pretty insane for a company that prides itself on being natural and "organic."

I'm sticking with Neutrogena- does the job, doesn't sting and is less than half the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 8:23:00 AM More reviews by delirious

This is by far one of the best eye makeup remover! It easily removes my mascara and eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

This is my all time favourite. It will not remove waterproof mascara so one lippie off for that! it does do a decent job of normal eyemakeup. It doesn't leave my eyes feeling irritated or an oily film across my eyes when I have removed everything. A fraction of the price of high end eyemakup removers and every bit as good in my opinion.