September 16, 2014 | 1754 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Flying Fox Shower Gel

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by TomBoyBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Violet

I got a sample of this stuff from LUSH, and I seriously hope that never happens again. This stuff stinks something horrible, I had to take three extra showers to wash the smell off of me, and out of the bathroom, it was that strong. It also left my skin feeling extremely itchy, and I don't have allergies to any of the ingredients.
-TBB

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Kgrrrl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love! This is a beautiful scent. Cleans without stripping my skin. It's slightly pricey but I will definitely repurchase. The scent of this stays on my skin for a few hours post shower :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by melanyjada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product so much that I've bought it for both my mother and my best friend.

I adore this & the first time I smelled it - I was less then impressed but I decided to give it another go after getting a feel for Lush.

What I mean by that is - a lot of the stuff smelled really overwhelming in the store but once I got it home into my shower, I fell in love and could really appreciate the smell after it melted into my skin.

I'm so glad I gave this another shot because it's just DELICIOUS.

That's the one word that comes to mind when I think of this just, delicious.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 4:57:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Like they say, you'll either love the scent or hate it. Personally, I'm in love with it. I realized that on LUSH's US website it's categorized as "relax into a restful mood after a warm shower" type of product but here it's marketed as it has an "aphrodisiac effect". Well I think I believe the latter more because jasmine, ylang ylang and honey all combined smell really sexy to me. I wouldn't call this scent as 'relaxing' at all. I was given this product as a free gift by Lush but I must tell you that this is one of their best products ever so I'll definitely repurchase when I'm out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Aethernaut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

You will need to love jasmine to use this gel - it's powerfully perfumed and not for the faint hearted! The jasmine scent is heady yet cool and tempered and given depth by a hint of green tea. There seems to be a little ylang ylang in there too, but not too much - a good thing as I find ylang ylang extremely sickly, but this gel is sensual and invigorating rather than overtly sweet.

Lathers well, even in our hard water area, and is gentle on the skin despite the concentration of essential oils it must take to produce this level of perfume, which lingers faintly on the skin. I only use the tiniest amount, and afterwards feel like I've been bathing in flowers.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2010 3:48:00 AM More reviews by hulakids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

WOW....was the first thought that came to mind when I took a whiff of this shower gel that I received as a sample. You can definitely smell the JASMINE....
Since I like the smell of fresh jasmine in the garden, I was willing to give this a try, even though the jasmine scent was on the STRONG side.
Well I used some on my hands and UGH and GAG for me!!! It now smelled liked a concentrated moth ball wash and a scent from another generation... For me it was to the point of being nauseating.....My reaction was so that strong that made me run to my computer so I could post a review to forewarn those who prefer a subtle and light scent to stay clear of this gel.
Even after I washed my hands I can still smell it and will need to wash them again once I finish this review.
Pros:
Has a strong jasmine/floral scent..(if you like that kind of smell)
Bottle packaging, easy for use
Little goes a long way in terms of scent
LUSH takes returns...
Cons:
TOO strong of a scent (if you don't like strong scents)
Bottle packaging not as eco-friendly as naked
Expensive at $9.95 for 3.3 oz or $26.95 for 16.9 oz.
Contains SLS and parabens

I would strongly suggest going to a store to try it out or get a sample. Smells are very personal....not a repurchase for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2010 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Ollyli

This was a weird one for me, I didn't like it at first but after some time the scent has really grown on me. I dont use it everyday just occasionally. I crave for the scent every now and then :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by ellenmarie1959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The fragrance really turned me off. As a shower gel, it's okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by pooni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

i just love it .........best shower gel i have evr used ..it helps me to lift my mood or to calm me down after a hectic day..great smell .....if u r moody like me just get it ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Beccyforbas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite shower gel. i have extremely senstive skin and suffer from psoriasis and am very hesitant to use anything other then cetaphil. Flying fox suprisingly help clear my skin up a bit and the smell is absolutley amazing. I will keep buying this product forever!