September 22, 2014 | 1899 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Pure Poison

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by personagrata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Old fashioned stylish romantic scent, uncommon and different. Among all those sickening sweet , weird, fruity something scents, this one is a really masterpiece. great for special occasions , weddings etc. Only for the winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by chelsia

I bought this about 9 months ago & have been using it on & off. I really adore the smell of this; it's not too strong unless u spray more than twice (once or two times is enough) best part is that it lasts throughout the whole day too which i like.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

With all these good reviews I must have gotten a bad bottle :( mine smells like a brand new tennis shoe, bought it from macys too. Hmmm?.....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 3:31:00 AM More reviews by royak1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this perfume,its not too heavy like poison its a fresh floral scent to me.and I get lots of complement when I wear this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by standingakimbo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I spray this, every time I am reminded how unique I find this scent. I had no idea jasmine was listed in this scent, as other reviews have noted. To me, it is a woody floral with a musky drydown. It reminds me a bit of clean laundry and fresh cut wood. It's a very clean, but classy, perfume. Not like those soapy clean scents. And it's the only scent, or one of the very few scents, that my husband has complimented. That, right there, is enough to get me to buy a second bottle. I'm almost finished with my first.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 5:51:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

A light old-style floral which is pretty and romantic. Average staying power. Nice but nothing too exciting. I would not purchase a full bottle but I have enjoyed my sample.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 12:50:00 AM More reviews by geographer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love the scent of this perfume-clean, fresh, classy, not too flowery or musky. So why 3 stars? For some reason this has no staying power on me-absolutely none. I literally sprayed this about 5 times on me and after 10 minutes-nothing. I tried to spray it on a piece of clothing and I came back a few hours later-and nothing. I don't know if I bought a bad bottle-I got it from a dept. store in the mall. I may try and order from Dior directly. I love the original Poison and I know that stuff is strong. I just can't see paying $75 for 1.7 oz. with something that lasts as long as a body spritz.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by fionarocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this sample for two days, and I think this is incredible. At first I was hesitant, because I don't like vanilla. But it gets tempered very quickly with the amber and jasmine. It's a disconcerting scent because you expect it to be poison, it comes out sweet, but then it turns bold on the dry down. Not an overwhelming bold: Dior perfumes are ultraconcentrated, so I just wear a tiny bit, enough for the scent to show through in a subtle way. It's a sexy scent, not for the mild. And those people with less sophistication should stay away from this and go for DKNY Be Delicious or something less complex. But for those women bold enough to make a statement, Pure Poison is the way to go.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2010 12:32:00 PM More reviews by benzippo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another disgustingly dissapointing offering even as a flanker for an Iconic name such as Poison.

Nothing spectacular, nothing outstanding and not to mention poisonous but just plain boring.....save for the bottle.

With a name such as Poison, am suprise how could one reviewer could have been deceived that it is girly byt the packaging where "Pure Poison" is celarly etched? I really wondered?

I would expect it to be loud, potent, strong, have an identity of its own and excellent sillage but alas....this is not the case at all.

Pure Poison? What Poison? Where is the Poison?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The packaging on this is very deceiving. It looks so friendly, shiny and girly but inside the scent is not. Perhaps the packaging is like the poisonous apple in fairy tales. Inside the scent is very strong, musky and powerful. Even a light application is heady and overpowering. I would imagine a much older woman with little sense of smell wearing this...a great aunt mildred with crazy jewelry and a loud personality. Definitely not for a person who wants to be only slightly noticed for her good scent. Ugh..I couldn't wait to get rid of this bottle (a gift) I think I "accidentally" lost it during a move.