April 19, 2014 | 1923 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by desiieee

I was skeptical about shelling out so much for this. Doubted the rave reviews, all that jazz. On a whim, after a day when my eye shadow creased by 10:00 a.m., decided to pick up the sample size of this on a Sephora visit. Tried it today and I'm sold! My NYX eye-shadow looked vibrant from the moment I put it on (at 6:00a.m) until I took it off (at 6:30 p.m.) No creasing, fading, or smudging whatsoever. I am a convert and will definitely purchase again when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by jdmkate

Great product, can take a little time to dry but it has lasted me quite a while. Tube would be better if it was straight. Overall it does what it's supposed to, my eyeshadow always stays on after many hours!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by breakupovertea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This used to be my favorite primer, until it was reformulated. Now if I use it regularly it dries out my eyelids and makes them flake. Also, the packaging is horrible. Since moving on from this primer I've discovered the NARS primer, which is much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Bunhead17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a sample with my naked pallet and I absolutely love it! I have super oily lids and pretty deep set and hooded eyes and it worked so well for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by lizzygrace23

Okay let me start this out by saying i am 14 year old girl i dont really wear much makeup most of the time but i play around with it an enjoy doing goo makeup for more formal events. I really enjoy makeup an have been told i quite good with makeup. when i wear eye shadow i go for light smokey eye for my hazel eyes. an even a little under when i put eyeshadow under my lower lash line for a little more drama. obviously you can tell by my age i most likely have oliy skin which i do. Im very hyper an go crazy at parties an this stuff holds my eyeshadow i swear by it it lasts forever so the price is totally worth it. my dark shadows never crease an i dont get them all under my eye. so seriously this is stuff is fantastic

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by shi1

Let me first start by saying that I don't wear eyeshadow regularly. I normally only wear eyeshadow for certain occasions, but I do wear winged liquid eyeliner on a daily basis. I originally bought this to make sure that my eye makeup would stay put for a wedding, and it did the job. I had never thought about wearing it to keep my eyeliner in place but I tried it and it works! My eyeliner was melting off by the end of an 8 hour workday, and with this, it managed to stay pretty intact for at least 16 hours. The tube I have is the original packaging with the little doe foot applicator which is not great. The applicator is a bit awkward, and the purple flakes off the tube like crazy. I'm happy to see that they have improved the packaging since. It is now in a squeeze tube format available in multiple sizes. Squeeze tube is more sanitary and you can control how much is dispensed, and the purple won't flake off. Its a bit on the expensive side, but I don't mind paying for products that work.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 7:14:00 AM More reviews by hannahn631

Very effective primer, helps prevent creasing of eyeshadows, prolongs brightness of colours and evens skin tone to a certain extent.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Lforde46

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The UDPP-Original is the second primer I ever used, the first being an eye shadow primer by Mary Kay. The Mary Kay primer did not add any value for me and I was skeptical about the UDPP, but I received a free deluxe sample in a little tube so I tried it out.

I usually don't have a problem with creasing as I use higher-quality shadows and don't have oily eyelids. I do have issues with my shadows getting "muddy", both upon application and over time. (I have small eyes)

This little primer is slightly tacky, so instead of blending I pat on shadow only where I need it. The shadow sticks to the primer and doesn't move the rest of the work day. I can't say that it lasts through the night as well, but I usually pump up my shadow if I'm going out after work anyway.

A little bit about the formula: if you're comparing the Original to the other UDPP primers, this one is a bit creamier than the others and didn't leave much color on my eyelids. Eden is a very light color on my lids and left a nice base for lighter shadows. I use it with the new Naked 3 palette. It's my favorite. Greed is very shiny gold and in my opinion should be applied sparingly and NOT from lash to brow. However it's a great shortcut if you just apply it from lash to crease and then add a contour. I believe Greed has been DC'd. I haven't tried Sin but from what I understand it is a frosty white and should be applied similarly to the Greed. I have Too-Faced Candlelight so I won't be buying Sin.

I am NOT buying the Anti-aging Formula.

I'm taking off a couple of stars because this is a uni-tasker. If you are looking for a primer, I would buy one with a tint. Take it from Alton Brown, you don't need another uni-tasker in your kit.

[EDIT] I've been keeping track of how long a sample of one of the tinted primers has lasted, and based on this completely non-scientific analysis I can tell you it lasts basically forever. So I believe the full size version of these primers are worth the cost.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 8:59:00 AM More reviews by jokasta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My eyeshadow creases within an hour of putting it on. It happenes with every eyeshadow I have ever worn. With this primer it lasts all day. A-L-L day.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by xpudding

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Was very excited to try out this product after all the internet hype I've been exposed to... I don't know, maybe I have especially oily eyelids, but I found that this product felt chalky on application, and didn't wear very well as the day went on. Not even layering a cream shadow over the primer potion and under a powder eyeshadow helped! My eyeshadow (UD shadows!) creased, and after maybe 6 or so hours, my eyelids were oily. At least for me, I find NARS's smudgeproof eyeshadow base to be more crease resistant than the UD primer potion.