Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I know I am not the only customer disappointed with the new packaging (application wand) and watery consistency. I had been using this product for several years and recommended it in a Sephora review, but now cannot add to or revoke my positive review on Sephora website. The new wand makes application more time consuming (still need finger for even distribution); is less hygienic, as wand is reinserted into product, and feels watery. Will be looking for a substitute: so disappointed.

I swear by this product!! I got to use it first thanks to the sample they gave away with the purchase of the naked palette and I can't live without it now. I've tried ELF, Too Faced, Nyx, and other tons of different samples from different brands. None of them work as wonder as this. My eye shadows have stayed on for 12+ hours and my eyelids are the oily type. You won't regret paying for it I swear.

This is the only thing I've tried that prevents my eyeliner from transferring to my browbone, and my eyeshadow from creasing. Just have to make sure you blend the primer out at the edges when applying! Great product though.

I've been using this for years, and have only gone through one full-sized tube and two deluxe sample-sized tubes... which means you really don't need to use very much at all. This product helps prevent eyeshadow from creasing and eyeliner from smudging, lasts all day and is just generally a must-have in everyone's makeup pouch. I've tried the NARS Pro Prime and Etude House's Primer, but still come back to this. My only gripe? The packaging!! Argh. I thought they did well by changing the doe foot applicator and hourglass-shaped tube into a squeezy tube but they have reverted to using a doe foot applicator! Not a huge fan of that but the product is so good that it looks like I'll just have to close one eye and get it anyway. My HG eyelid primer that I am never, ever without when wearing eye makeup.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Am I the only one who thinks the brush feels like little cactus pricks on my eyelids?
This is the 3rd and best eye primer I've tried. I finally broke down and spent the twenty bucks on it because I heard so many people rave about it.
Honestly, it does help my shadow to appear more vibrant, and resist oil and creasing.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i really love this eye primer ... the eye shadow really stays on all day . just have to get use to smuging the shadow .

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the absolute best primer ever! I have tried powders and other brands of eyelid primers and none are as good as this. I always will have this! I have found a close second is the elf primer-certainly a close second for a fraction of the price. With that said-I do alternate between the two. I even tried one eye with primer potion and one with the elf. While both retained eye shadow colors, liner and did not bleed, I noticed the primer potion maintained the color a bit more vibrantly!
Definitely a must have!

Today I finally did a test on this primer after using it for an entire year.... just to make sure before I finally wrote this review. On one eyelid I used this UD primer Potion, on the other eyelid I used nothing but powder. (I actually call them "oilids" because it seems like my eyelids have more oil on them then anywhere else on my face) I put waterproof eyeliner on after a minute or two. Several hour later, I looked carefully into a magnifying mirror, only to find that the only eyeliner on my lids was the one on the side with the UD primer potion. It was exactly as I had applied it that morning, however the other eyelid was nearly without any eyeliner at all.... Most of it was under my eyes, giving me that dreaded "raccoon look". I swear by this stuff and just bought more. Well done, Urban Decay!!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

this is the best eye shadow primer i have used to this day! it makes my eye shadow go on perfect and really makes it stand out and stay on all day. i like to use this with the naked palette but it also works well with any drug store or name brand eye shadow

UDPP is a great option as a staple eyeshadow primer! Shadow lasts all day, application is easy, and the product is easy to find. I tend to like Too Faced Shadow Insurance a tiny bit more, but overall this is a great product to always have on hand!

Video Reviews & Tutorials