September 23, 2014 | 1616 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by tema560

I received a sample from this through my VIB rewards at Sephora and despite not having huge hopes for it, I can't imagine doing without it now! It's by far, the best primer I've ever used. I have oily eye lids and had basically resigned myself to never having my eye shadow last until I tried this. It is fantastic. It seriously lasts until you decide to wash it off. I've never used anything like it. Definitely worth every penny and a small amount goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

New HG eyeshadow primer! This really lives up to the hype; it has a sheer application and covers up any veins on the eyelids. Even on the hottest of days, my eyeshadow never budges - cream or powder. Well worth the price and a small tube lasts a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by lryreviewer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this eyeshadow primer! Nothing else compares! Compared to other primers (Two Faced Shadow Insurance, Sephora brand, Benefit's Stay Don't Stray) the Urban Decay is more tacky and lasts for waay longer. I don't find I have particularly oily eyelids (even though my skin is considered oily) but other brands of eyeshadow primer don't make my eyeshadow last all day like the Urban Decay does. The other brands seem slippery and more 'wet' when applying to the eye. I feel the Urban Decay primer is seriously bulletproof. I just bought my second tube today after trying to cut costs and trying the Sephora brand. After my experience with the Sephora brand eyeshadow primer I will more than happily pay for the Urban Decay Primer Potion, besides, the tube lasts for about a year. I will never stray from this primer again, I love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by stolenangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I probably don't use this the way most people do (to make your eyeshadow not crease and last longer). I use it because I have very oily eyelids and even my waterproof mascara tends to end up on my upper eyelids.

Whilst this did a very good job of keeping that happening, I noticed that this product has a hue of orange that it leaves on my lids up to my eyebrows that is very unappealing.

I will not repurchase, switched to the very much cheaper Wet n Wild version and am very happy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely adore this primer!!!

I got this in a mini size as part of a kit with all the other primers as well, but I have to say that this one is my favourite.

This primer is thin and creamy in consistency, is a very light beige colour and blends out to nothing. I find that this primer does exactly what it says on the tin - really locks down my shadow and liner, but I also love putting it on my eyebrows before I put anything on them as it extends the life of my brow products even more and they will not budge!

I like the doe foot applicator and cute curvy tube that the minis come in, but I think there's probably a little wastage because of it. That said, a little goes a long way, and even the mini tube has lasted me for ages!

I found the kit for a very reasonable price from an Ebay seller, but I will definitely repurchase no matter what the cost - I love this stuff, HG for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Emdelgatto

I'm on my third tube. I have no need to try anything else. Great value. A tiny bit goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by kim2241

I've only seed the Benefit eye primer in the past . Just purchased the Urban Decay anti aging primer and wow.. It blows away the Benefit one!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Kayface

I use this product like it's my job. It's important to remember to get the under portion of your eye right along the lash line as well when you use this product. It will help your eyeliner and shadow stay in place below as well. Your makeup stays in place for a very long time and a little bit of this goes a long way. The colors show up 10 times brighter and if you like simple makeup it will stay all day perfectly and you can simply darken at night instead of having to redo your entire eye. It's a little pricy, not too bad, but it lasts a really long time. Overall I 100% recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by AppleSeason

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty fussy product. It works well only if I'm able to apply my shadow onto the primer before it fully dries. Otherwise, my makeup will crease as it normally does.
My eyelids are normal to oily (depending on the weather), and they fold over in the inner corners into a sort of half-monolid. If you're of oriental descent you probably know what I'm talking about. For the longest time I didn't wear eyeshadow because of how horribly it would crease, even if the formula was supposedly 'crease resistant'.
As mentioned above, this primer works best when I smooth on a small amount of product onto one eye with my finger, and then immediately apply shadow on top. Done successfully, my eye makeup can last up to 12 hours. If I wait too long, however, I'll see creasing in 3-4.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by makeupcam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is fantastic.

It is beige/translucent and applies on the top of my concealer (around the eyes) without fading or smudging it. This product dries quickly without being sticky, but keep my smokey-eyes in place all day long.

Also a little bit of this potion goes along way. I use the small size (6ml) for about a year now. Last, the package is super small, cute, easy to carry and hygienic! Of course, this product is expensive, but you totally get what you paid for.