LUSH Seanik

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Irish Moss Gel (Chondrus crispus), Perfume, Nori Seaweed (Algae), Fine Sea Salt, Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Mimosa Absolute (Acacia decurrens), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus aurantium amara), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum), Cocamide DEA, *Limonene, Colour 42045 *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 2/27/2012 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great product from lush:)
the girl at the store recommended this to me because it has seaweed in to strengthen your hair as I had alot of split ends and I thought this would prevent them.

I use this along with my lush jungle solid conditioner bar and this makes my hair so soft and volumised although when I use this then blowdry my hair it makes it super frizzy whereas when I let my hair dry naturally it is the total opposite smooth, sleek and shiny.
I love the smell and the fact that its supposed to last 80-100 washes, I have used this for two weeks and the bars barley got any smaller.
also it lathers up so well, I just rub some on my hands like soap and rub it towards my roots and middle of my hair.
I will definatley be repurchasing this when I eventually run out:)

on 1/12/2012 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I was really excited to try this solid shampoo because it seems like such a cool idea to be more eco-friendly by reducing plastic waste. I also read that will help to soften the hair and give it more body. Sad to say, this shampoo bar did neither for my hair and instead dried it out really badly. When I read the ingredients I finally understood why - Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) is one of the first ingredients of this solid shampoo. I have been using sulfate-free shampoos for more than 2 years already, and going back to it even for one wash proves how harsh SLS is for my hair. I really wanted to love this, but sadly I will just give this away or keep it as a reminder as to why I should just stay away from SLS shampoos.
For those still interested in this product: The shampoo lathers very, very easily and produced abundant bubbles just from swiping it a few times on wet hair. Keep it on a draining soap dish outside of the bathroom and let dry it out in between uses to prolong the life of the solid shampoo.

on 11/20/2011 10:31:00 AM

This is a great product. Typical LUSH product, no big bits to break off and leave in the hair. I have chin length, baby-fine 'Nordic' hair, dark brunette though, not blonde and really straight. It leaves my hair super-soft. You don't really need a conditioner if softness is your aim.

I've worked out the most economical way to use LUSH bars. Previously I would take them in the shower, get the bar wet, it would stick to the surface I put it on, etc etc. Around a fifth of the bar was lost, I reckon by washing off as it got wet and sticking to the tin.

My new method:
Comb your hair well. No tangles. Wet hair before you get in the shower, keep the bar dry. Dry hands. Pick up bar. Sweep the dry bar down your wet hair from roots to tip, side, back, side. Put the bar aside to dry out, wet surface uppermost.
Before you step in the shower work up a lather with more water on your hair, Don't tangle your hair, wash it as if it was a piece of precious cloth, working the lather through it. There won't be much lather but there will be enough. When all hair has been cleansed, rinse off the lather. This will take a few seconds and very little water.
If you need to, use a separate conditioner, but why not try no conditioner or a leave in conditioner.
I estimate I can get more than eighty washes out of the bar using this method. It is super-economical.

on 9/23/2011 8:35:00 AM

I am a repeat purchaser of LUSH shampoo bars. Been trying to eradicate plastic packaging from my bathroom, and decided to try them out a while ago. Seanik and Squeaky Green are absolutely great, I was so pleased I made the switch. When I travel I put them in the little tin you can buy. They last forever. I have cropped hair, and one bar will last me 4 months. My hair feels and smells great. Try them; if they suit your hair, you won't regret it.

on 9/3/2011 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm

I love this stuff! It is a bit pricey for me, so I buy the stuff when I feel like spurlging a little. It volumizes like no other & keeps your hair feeling so healthy & maintained. They say 4 swipes will do. . but heck I like my hair lathered!!

on 8/22/2011 9:37:00 PM

Left my hair very clean and volumized, lathers very well. Stains the bath if left on the side (even in tin it leaked). Don't use too much or it will make your hair feel stripped....just a small lather will do.

I bought this because I have wavy hair that I try to make curlier. I figured out that I have very soft water and that was making my hair too soft and not hold my curls well. So, I bought this shampoo bar and it works really well. It feels very clean like i really get all of the product out. It also feels kind of tangly and not very silky when i get out of the shower, but I just finger comb my hair and diffuse it and it becomes curly, shiny and soft. I have been using the conditioning bar with this shampoo.

on 7/21/2011 12:13:00 PM

This is my first Lush shampoo bar purchase, I really love the smell and the abundant lather but IT STRIPPED OUT ALL OF MY HAIR COLOR! I asked the salesgirl if it was safe for color-treated hair and she said yes. Very disappointed with this as I have another 2 weeks before I can get my hair colored again.

on 7/21/2011 3:39:00 AM

I love this shampoo bar! It was my first LUSH purchase and I'd consider buying more shampoo bars from them! This bar leaves my hair feeling squeaky clean, which I love (my hair gets oily within 24 hours of a wash, usually, so I like somewhat drying shampoos as long as they don't make me frizzy!). However, the tin hasn't worked for me at all (maybe I got a defective one?). My first time trying to open it I had to get out of the bath mid-shower and bang it on my counter (I live in a dorm so imagine the looks I got!) then pry it open with a metal tool - since then I've been afraid to put the lid on the tin so I just keep it with the lid off. So yeah - love the product - HATE the tin.

on 7/11/2011 4:48:00 PM

This was the first shampoo bar I have tried, and I absolutely adore it! The smell is wonderful to me, it reminds me of the ocean. I use it everyday and my hair has much more shine to it, and I have noticed it is a lot easier to work with. I love how the solid shampoo bars have no packaging, it makes me feel like I am helping the environment. My only problem with this shampoo is that you supposedly are only supposed to use 2-3 swipes across your hair, and it is supposed to last 80+ times. I have longer thicker hair, so I do have to use more than that to get a good lather going. Other than that, I love this shampoo and most likely will be repurchasing.

Popular Shampoos