Rimmel Extra Super Lash (Curved Wand)

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/14/2007 12:15:00 AM

This is my day-to-day mascara, and even thought I know there may be better out there, I can't seem to let this one go! I love the brush, it curls your lashes while applying a thick coat. Cons: it seems to dry out fairly quickly, and there's no preventing the clumps on the brush! Pros: the clumps don't end up on your lashes, it creates a thick, even coat perfect for a beautiful, easy look.

on 2/22/2007 6:58:00 PM

This is a good natural mascara because no matter how many layers i put on it didnt clump and lashes looked natural with a bit of oomph. i personally dont like natural lash look but it'd be good for work or school when im not up to doing my whole makeup routine.

I've been using the regular wand for months, and when the curved wand came out I was the first in line! Absolutely love it, and I didn't think the regular wand could get any better! Brushes on a very smooth, even coat of color, lengthens and volumizes. Really does make my lashes "Super"! And still, I can't believe the price :) a super-cheap $2.40 at my Ulta!

This is my first tube of this and I really like it. It does smudge somewhat but it is not horrible. I like the way it seems to lengthen my lashes and when I wear this I can skip the extra step of curling my lashes. It is a little wet and messy in the tube, but overall I am pleased. Great price! Will re-purchase.

on 8/3/2006 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very nice mascara even though not my fav, I liked it in spite of the negative reviews I'm seeing of Rimmel mascara in general. It gives me surprising volume and length even though I have short sparse eyelashes. It's also smooth to apply, it doesn't smudge on me (but then most mascaras don't on me either). It doesn't give great drama, I prefer Maybelline or L'Oreal for drama. Next time if I buy this brand I will buy a straight wand though, this curvy one kept thunking me all over the place. UPDATE: After using this a few times I do have to change my opinion about this, this mascara sort of grows on you lol! It really is a very nice mascara and it gets nicer the more I used it, doesn't give a "false lashes" look but it does give enough oomph to make your lashes noticeable (at least it does on me I look like a person with 0 lashes without mascara). It is really smooth and easy to apply, never clumps or smudges or flakes and sooo easy to remove too. I guess the trick is just getting the hang of using a curved brush, when you do it is so much easier to make up you can get to all your lashes more quickly with a curved brush. All the same I think next time I will try the straight brush I am used to, there is no doubt there will indeed be a next time, when I run out of mascara I'm planning on getting another Rimmel mascara!

on 5/30/2006 3:01:00 AM

Everyone has different criteria for mascara, and extra super lash is everything I could want in a mascara.
First of all, it smudges much, much less than other mascaras I've used (which include Maybelline Great Lash, L'oreal Voluminous, Max Factor 2000 Calorie). I even took a long nap wearing it and there was minimal black under my eyes. I also like that it comes off easily and you don't need eye makeup remover. It looks very nice on, though not especially dramatic (I use just one coat). It even looked as though I had curled my lashes. Since my lashes are naturally long, black, and thick, I don't know how well this product would work for someone with short/sparse lashes.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is a good basic formula - a little wet, but nothing bad. A teensy bit clumpy, but most mascaras are. It's pretty natural but still manages to make a subtle yet noticeable difference. It smudges a leeeetle bit, but the only mascara that hasn't smudged on me is, surprisingly, Bon Bons (yes, the little tubes from WalMart). For $1.99, I'd recommend trying it cuz you never know.

on 4/10/2006 5:13:00 PM

This is not a terrible mascara, but it's definitely not a good one either. I would put it on the same level as Bonne Bell's Eye Style mascara--a very inexpensive, basic mascara that will not lengthen or thicken (despite the name) lashes very much. It would probably be a nice, natural-looking mascara on someone with better lashes than me (I have short, very fine, straight lashes). It smeared a little bit at the end of the day, but didn't flake. It's a very goopy mascara and I thought the wand was completely useless--it was okay at delivering mascara to the lashes but didn't do much in terms of volumizing or anything at all. It just sorta got the goop on there. No clumping at all, though. It was kind of a pain in the a$$ to apply due to the goopiness and poor brush (which was strangely tapered and didn't really curve that much). Plus, it weighed down my freshly-curled lashes and melted if I tried to use my heated lash curler on them. I should not have bought this mascara but I'm always curious about the much-raved-about products here--at least this mistake didn't cost me more than a few bucks. I will stick to my Maybelline mascaras.

on 2/27/2006 12:35:00 PM

I love this mascara. My favorite used to be MAC fiber rich, until I found this. It's not clumpy, and makes my lashes look really long. I really like the curved brush applicator, but I've also bought the regular straight brush. I am now on my third tube of this and for around $3, I can't find anything better! I would highly reccommend this.

on 2/22/2006 6:49:00 PM

Okay so maybe this WAS $1.14 at Eckerds and I should stop expecting miracles from my purchases when they cost less than a cup of coffee, but mascara that makes your lashes look SMALLER?? I have decided to never buy a mascara without making sure it has a "teddy bear brush" because those are the only ones i seem to get any separation with (CG super thick lash, l'oreal double extend). Into the garbage it goes. I am a terrible beast, I tried this again this moring and wiped the wand a bit first and it was fine, not terrible at all. Definitely worth the cheap price and more. Im going to try using this again, but for now, its ok!