April 19, 2014 | 937 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

ok moisturiser, calms my skin after too much BP. lasts ages. nothing special but ok!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After having gone through a smaller tube of this stuff and purchasing a larger bottle, I feel it's time I can review it. For reference, I have ridiculously oily skin even in dry climates, but I rarely have acne problems that are not related to stress or hormones. I use Cetaphil's oily skin cleanser every morning, occasionally at night, and every two-three days, I use Aztec Healing Clay mask. After each I use this moisturiser. (After the mask I tend to use a bit more of it.)

The DDMG is hydrating without becoming greasy or oily. It feels good on my face and settles in fairly quickly, within a minute or so depending on how much I've put on and how vigorously I'm massaging it in. With other moisturisers I would sometimes get small dry patches on my cheeks and the tip of my nose and need more product, but I do not get those after applying this. I do not feel that this moisturiser advertises or has mattifying properties, which is fine. It does not make me break out or make my natural ruddiness any worse.

I didn't expect much from this moisturiser but it did surprise me, which is why I've purchased a full size bottle. Several other expensive brands have required me to use more product for those little dry flaky patches that cropped up, but not this one. I have not tried the regular DDM or the + one as they were not advertised for my skin type and the last thing I need is to blow money on stuff that makes my oil production worse. I will likely repurchase again unless I get a sample of something that does with this does, AND helps my oiliness!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by VeroniqueDubois

To me, the consistency and feel of this is not much different than Clinique DDML in lotion form. This has a slight scent to it (minty....medicine-like). Apparently, it is for extra-oily skin instead of drier (older) skin. For me, it is just ok, but not fantastic. I prefer just the regular DDML lotion.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by EA214

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I hate the price but it lasts a long time.

What I have noticed from some of the reviews is that it's the people with dry skin that have trouble with this moisturizer. That it is because this product is for oily skin! The Dramatically Different Moisturizing lotion is meant for dry/normal skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by cecilelpham

I have been looking for an affordable, hydrating nighttime moisturizer. After reading the good reviews, I decided to try the 1.7 oz. sample tube, which I bought for $14 from Sephora. My first two days using this moisturizer were amazing. The gel hydrated my skin very well but did not make it oily or shiny at all! Also my skin absorbed the product very fast, and overall my skin felt soft and supple with the moisturizer on. However, whenever I washed my face, my skin went right back to where I started: it was dry and there were no results or improvement, apart from when I have the moisturizer on my skin. I thought my skin had absorbed the gel, but I guess it just sat on my skin because it did nothing for me after I washed it off. Still I was happy with this moisturizer because I loved the feel of my skin with this on.

However when I woke up after my third night of using this, my cheeks were red and showed signs of inflammation and irritation. The redness was pretty bad and I immediately stopped applying this moisturizer. The irritation has died down and my cheeks are still a little pink, but the redness has gone down significantly since I stopped using this product. I guess there's some ingredient in it that caused this adverse reaction from my skin (I kind of have sensitive skin).

I am disappointed because I really did love this as a moisturizer; it made my skin look great (as long as it was on my skin anyway). Also I liked the tube packaging: it is simple and very hygienic. The price is reasonable as well, and it is definitely affordable. Unfortunately it did not work out for me and for the time being I am going back to my Cetaphil Moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Strawberriesx16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this moisturizer!! It feels light weight and a little goes a long way. My skin feels super soft and not oily. I have purchased this product 2 times already and 1 bottle lasts about half a year for me. I love the pump on the bottle too. Definitely recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by jenafur3223

I hate to be the exception here, but I bought this after reading the rave reviews. I have oily, sensitive skin, but it also gets dry and irritated if I try to treat it for the oiliness. I found the lotion I've been using was breaking me out. I tried this out, and while it was good at controlling oil, it didnt moisturize my skin at all! I applied it after washing my face, and within 5 minutes I could see flakes that the lotion seemed emphasize. I applied another layer, and it helped but my skin was still flaky. When I put my foundation over top it looked dry all day. I will try again next summer when my skin is oilier than now. I definitely cant use it during the colder months. Too bad because I love that its fragrance free/non acnegenic. Back to the drawing board....

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by christine91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I´ve used this for a year now and i absolutely love it! Its makes my face glow and feels so good on the skin. My and my boyfriend both use this and we love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Tiffanygayle19

I have tried every moisturizer under the sun, this is hands down the best moisturizer I've ever used. it evens my skin tone, leaves my face so smooth, and not greasy, I have such oily skin and this takes care of it. the price is very good for a normal prestige moisturizer it's $20-$50 for 1-2 oz and this is 4.7 oz for $26! only complaint is no spf, so days I need spf I use lancome spf 30 moisturizer!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by deebaby07

My skin craves this moisturizer and it soaks it right up. I bought the jumbo size at sephora, One good thing about this moisturizer is that it's oil free and wont cause acne on acne prone skin. It is fast absorbing and non greasy. My skin has somehow become addicted to it. The only complaint I have that sometimes I notice some redness on my skin after I use it.. it's a slight reaction that goes away quickly. I really love it tough but may not purchase again because of the redness.