Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Bis-Peg-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Caffeine, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Polysilicone-11, Silica, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Oleth-10, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp Copolymer, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium-Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Red 4, Yellow 6

This stuff is brilliant if you have combination or oily skin. Probably by favourite product that I have bought for a while purely for the reason that it really does prevent a lot of shine from coming through. I have used moisturisers specifically for oily/combination skin, I've even bought from the Clinique range but I still find them to be heavy and thick. They will make my pores look worse and definitely DO NOT help with keeping oils away but they are very moisturising. I can go bare faced with just this gel on and I have a shine free face for a good few hours which is a huge improvement for me. The only reason I didn't give this product the full 5 lipsticks is because my skin is more on the combination side rather than completely oily so you do have to be careful if you use a powder foundation as it can stick to the dry patches on your face. I get dry around my nose and right by my temples (weird place to be dry, I know) and my urban decay and Estée Lauder double wear foundations can sometimes cling to these dry patches. The gel makes your skin feel lovely but doesn't completely hydrate very difficult dry areas but something has got to give if you want to stay shine free. I have now switched to my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation which I only got a few wears out of earlier in the year due to my oily face. I love the fact that using this gel has made my Giorgio Armani foundation last longer and keep most of my oils at bay which I really struggled with previously. My foundation now glides on like a dream, especially using a beauty blender. I am super impressed with this gel and I now can't live without it.

on 3/1/2015 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just far too lightweight for my over 50 skin. I need more moisture.

on 3/1/2015 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Before the gel came out, I was using the Dramatically Different Moisturizer LOTION, but it wasn't working out too well for my oily/combination skin. But when I tried this gel version, it absorbed much better into my skin and didn't leave an oily residue. I am now on my second bottle of this and I love it! I would recommend this for anyone with oily to combination skin.

UPDATE:
I started using two prescription acne creams and this moisturizer was no longer suitable for my skin. The acne creams dry out my skin a bit and I had to switch moisturizers because this one was not moisturizing enough. I would still recommend this to people with combination-oily skin, but people with dry skin will probably not benefit from this.

on 2/26/2015 3:58:00 PM

Not bad! As I have very dry skin I wanted a good moisturiser that worked great on my skin but didn't make my face feel greasy (I honestly hate that) so when I went to the Clinique counter she suggested the gel form for me instead of the lotion even though it's for normal skin, I love how it goes on at first it's so refreshing it's like splashing water on your face, but I find it drys quickly and it's almost as if my face feels back to normal and dry again! Which for the price I am not happy about (£30) I suppose it's alright for now and I'll use it until I finish it because I'm not about to waste £30 but I think when it's done I'll opt for either the moisture surge which looked good or just try the lotion! Far too expensive for an average moisturiser:/

on 2/23/2015 4:25:00 AM

this moisturizing gel was so so for me, it didn't seem to moisturize enough on some days and left my skin feeling thirsty. i think it would be great for oilier skin types but i think my combination skin must be on the dryer side of the spectrum

One of my favourite moisturizers of all time, this light lotion-gel from Clinique when you look at the formula actually contains a higher amount of anti-irritants and soothing agents than the original Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion.

It is definitely an improved formula and after cleansing and toning really sinks in, contains no oil whatsoever. Those with combination to Oily skin will really find this valuable. Addressing skins' needs without feeling heavy or occlusive. Of course one should always experiment, so ask the Clinique consultant for a sample to make sure it suits your skin and you find it pleasing to use. The main point is that the ingredient listing is very good, so all skin types can benefit.

Highly recommend this, would repurchase this as well as the DDML +

I love this moisturizer.

Pros: luxury package design, gel consistency and moisturizes perfectly

CONS: Soooo expensive but that is the price we pay for beauty

Overall it's the only moisturizer i've come across to actually get the job done.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

So i just bought a ton of Clinique products, as I like to try out different brands. My face has been slowly deteriorating and I couldn't pinpoint which product was to blame. I cut out one product after another to leave two, a cleanser and a moisturizer. After a close inspection in the mirror, I realized something I had previously missed, tiny dots under my eyes. The second I saw this, I knew that the moisturizer was the cause of it. I was scared that the products might dry me out, so I applied a tiny bit extra bit of moisturizer under my eyes every time I washed my face. Being under my eyes, I avoided getting any cleanser too close, close being where I had put my moisturizer. I am now sure that this moisturizer, one with a beautiful consistency I must say, was the culprit. I'll be continuing my search for the perfect moisturizer that won't break me out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Goopy as heck, and terrible packaging, this lotion not only broke me out-but left so many errors! The consistency is that of misshaken whipped cream, an odd creaminess yet extremely watery. The lotion was SO oily, and if anything-I HAVE DRY SKIN and it was too much for me! It makes you feel like you have wads of makeup on your face, and not the clean, fresh look that a proper moisturizer should. The cream drips down the side of the terribly built pump, making your container dirty. The color is that of curtled milk, and that's the least of its problems! DO NOT BUY!

on 2/11/2015 8:50:00 PM

This broke me out so bad! Tiny red bumps all over my forehead. I have sensitive skin to begin with but this was probably one of the worst reactions to a product I've ever had.

Popular Moisturizers