Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Bis-Peg-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Caffeine, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Polysilicone-11, Silica, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Oleth-10, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp Copolymer, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium-Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Red 4, Yellow 6

This is pure silicon goop. I have combination to oily skin and I hated this product. I bought the mini size to try it out. So glad I didn't shell out my money on the pump bottle. This useless product is not cheap.
Like what is the purpose of this? It doesn't moisturize and it doesn't mattify.
If you have perfectly perfect skin and you just need to slather something on your face for the heck of it, then you might want to try it. But if you want to see an improvement in your skin, don't waste your money!

I really did not get along with this product. For someone that in the winter mostly gets very dry skin, I thought this would work a treat! But no. The texture is very heavy on your skin and leaves your face feeling very sticky and greasy. This did not help my dry patches at all! I am quite sensitive to changes in skin care when it comes to breaking out but this just made my pimples so much worse. Would not recommend

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my HG moisturizer for 20 years, until I reached my mid 40s. It is perfect for my sensitive, combination skin. Then, as I aged, it was not enough on it's own so I switched to more "heavy duty" products with anti-aging properties, etc. I found a bunch of sample tubes (part of GWP) in the back of my cabinet, and was using them for a purse hand cream. BTW, it's awesome for this.

The other day, I tried it instead of my usual serum after cleansing in the morning, but before my day cream. It was amazing. It smoothed my fine lines like my serum does, but is light for summer use. I rediscovered an old friend and I will continue to use it, even when I have to purchase it.

I didn't like this at all. I naturally have very dry skin and this made it kind of greasy and I broke out across my cheekbones. I noticed small pimples appear around my jaw area after using this and was not happy at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Let's just say: when I thought that I lost this product for a week, I was DEVASTATED! I love this moisturizer so much. It goes on very smoothly, dries quickly, and leaves your skin feeling fresh, plump, and beautiful. There is no noticeable smell to the product. The only reason I'm rating it 4/5 is the price. :(

This product has saved and changed my skin. I've had bad acne since I was 11 (I am now 23) and I've tried EVERYTHING. I've now got my skin routine down but this is the product that really made a difference. The key to using this is patience. I've never had good skin, always acne, even if it didn't surface I've always had bumps. Use this as a night AND day moisturizer and it completely cleared up my skin and made it super soft with no active breakouts or even under the skin acne. Highly recommend this for those with sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. Wears beautifully under makeup as well. I usually apply 2 layers since one isn't enough to moisturize completely.

I heard so many good things about this product so I decided to give it a try.

Pros:
None

Cons:
+ Not hydrating enough for my combination skin ( I tested it in both summer & winter )
+ Irritating
+ Expensive

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I really liked this moisturizer. I have generally oily skin and that's my main concern, but i have some regular areas like on my cheeks. If I don't moisturize right after I wash my face... my oily areas get oilier and my normal parts get dry. For me it's important that my moisturizer does its job but doesn't feel heavy.This moisturizer goes on smoothly. I don't need a lot to cover my face and neck and it's not heavy. I loved that I didn't have to wait an entire lifetime for it to absorb before I did my makeup. This didn't break me out which I know is an issue for a lot you. I'm very happy with this moisturizer the only thing is I feel like that's all it does. It isn't better but it's not worse. It does what it's supposed to do but for the price I kind of wanted to be surprised. Don't get me wrong this is going to be my current moisturizer. So 4 lipsticks.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This gel formula does a great job of not only hydrating the skin and curbing excess oil (thus preventing breakouts), but also leaves the face feeling smooth, creamy, and light Ė itís perfect for layering sunblock or foundation/primer on top and doesnít feel sticky at all.

I wrote a full review on my blog here:

BEST FOR COMBO/OILY SKIN WHEN COMBINED WITH
THE PROPER SKIN CARE ROUTINE

I'm noticing a lot of people on here are saying that this gel left their skin feeling tight and dehydrated. You may want to consider what face wash you're using as well, as poor ones tend to dry out the skin, which makes the moisturizer have to do more work than it's intended to.

My skin is a combo. As the day goes on, my T-zone will get oilier and oilier. I recently bought this gel moisturizer as a morning moisturizer, and i find that it has controlled the oil on my face very well, without drying me out. My face does NOT get oilier and oilier throughout the day when i use this gel in the morning. Here is my morning skincare routine:

1. I wash my face with Philosophy's Purity Made Simple cleanser (amazing).
2.i put on a bit of Andalou Natural's brightening eye cream.
3. i apply two pumps of the Clinique Moisturizing Gel all over my face.
4. After that all dries a little bit, i spray my face with two sprays of
Mario Badescu's Aloe, Herbs & Rosewater Spray.
**The rosewater spray adds just the tiniest amount of moisture onto the skin, which balances out nicely with the gel moisturizer.

5.Then i either apply my Clinique Even Better Foundation, or go make-up free.

Either way, my skin continues looking fresh all day, with complete oil-control.

Hope this helps!