July 30, 2014 | 1372 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by calificus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently changed over from the Moisture Surge to this one and I feel they both moisturise my skin in the same way. The consistency is very similar (both are gels) and they feel lightweight on the skin and not greasy at all. My skin type is generally oily in the T-zone and normal-ish everywhere else, so I prefer this over a lotion/cream any day. I also like how this one comes in a bottle with a pump rather than a jar. However, for night-time I will probably purchase a different moisturiser as I feel this is better for day-time use under my makeup or on its own.

Since using this moisturiser, I have had no breakouts or dry patches on my skin so I am really impressed with it. I didn't get any with the MS so I guess they are very similar in how they work for my skin.

The main reason for switching over would be the overall cost, this is a few pounds cheaper than Moisture Surge but you get over double the amount (I went for the 125ml bottle) so I'm thinking it will last twice as long!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Bailey4213

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This definitely isn't the most moisturizing product. If you have super dry skin & you're looking for something to smooth out dry patches, this isn't your moisturizer. However I have combination to oily skin that stays hydrated by using a mask once a week. This helps keep my face moisturized & really helps keeps me less oily. So if you have oily skin & you're looking for something to help control that this is definitely it. However, I won't be repurchasing because for the money I'm sure there has to be a better moisturizer. This will be great for summer tho.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by melissamberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice moisturizer for really oily skinned girls because it's really light and doesn't feel that moisturizing. This is also a really nice moisturizer for underneath makeup as it creates a smooth base. I won't repurchase because I don't really have a use for it except when I'm going out at night and need to put makeup on (or else I'm using SPF moisturizer for the day or an acne fighting or richer moisturizer for night).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by FyrePhoenix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've almost run through the bottle. For me, this is far from being an effective moisturizer. My skin is oily, so this was recommended to me with fervor. I do like that it absorbs quickly, but after five minutes, it's like I haven't put anything on. My face feels tight, slightly itchy (the itch that comes with being too DRY), and flaky. My skin, though oily, is dry - dehydrated (I know I don't drink enough water).
This stuff simply doesn't do the job. I'm trying out their dramatically different lotion to see how it works out. So far it has done what I need it to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by xTillyx

Lovely light but hydrating gel moisturiser for my slightly oily, combination & spot prone skin. I really like that it's oil free & not greasy, it works very well as a base before make-up. Before I purchased this I tried a sample of the lotion but it was greasy and left a film on my face - in my opinion the gel is much better :-) My only negative is the price, £30 is very expensive for a moisturiser, I just hope it lasts a long time for that price!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by millietizzard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The Clinique sales assistant recommended this to me after I told her that I had fairly dry skin, however I sometimes get oily in the T-Zone in summer. (She gave me a sample.)

After cleansing and toning, I applied the gel which is a good consistency, leaves your skin feeling soft, sinks into the skin immediately and doesn't leave a film or leave your skin greasy.

However after a few minutes I could feel my skin feeling really dry again and I'd have to moisturise with a different moisturiser.

This moisturiser is definitely more for combination/oily skin and will not help you if you have dry skin.

It simply did not work for me, however it could be a nice product if you have oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by xhellgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it.It's silky and moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 5:28:00 AM More reviews by kmbmotz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for several years now, I just love it! Sometimes my skin can react really bad to certain products but this product has been a life saver! No negative reaction what so ever!! I love how quickly it absorbs and doesn't make my face feel oily. I love the pump bottle, I half pump is more than enough for my face. The 125ml bottle lasts for almost a year, so I really don't mind paying almost 50 euros for it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I forgot to bring moisturizer on a weekend trip but thankfully found a sample of this from Sephora in my bag. In a word, I was underwhelmed. It wasn't a BAD product, but it was quite light and provided BARELY enough hydration even for my oily skin. (It didn't help that this was winter time and anyone's skin needs more hydration.) I do like the texture though - it is a opaque, faintly yellow gel that absorbs quickly and leaves no residue on your skin. It also sits well under makeup and has no noticeable scent. All in all, it's a simple, no-strings-attached moisturizer.

However, due to the very low amount of hydration it provides, I kept feeling like my skin was dry and kept layering and layering more of this product on as the day went by. I think my oily but dehydrated skin really needs something heavier to offset oil production and keep flakes at bay.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by aegilops

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

As someone with combination/oily skin I have looked for the perfect day moisturiser all my adult life. Had tried the original Clinique moisturising lotion but not liked it. At the age of 50 decided to give it another whirl this time trying out this moisturising gel. OMG what a difference! Have fallen in love with this little beauty. I can finally enjoy hydrated skin with no greasy residue at the age of 50. Hallelujah!

Good product, price and packaging. Highly recommended.

When I don’t use the Superdefense spf25 face cream this is the moisturiser I use with Dermologica oil-free spf lotion.

Winner!