Creative Nail Design Solar Oil

4.3

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate.

on 12/26/2010 8:57:00 PM

Overall this is a nice cuticle oil. I've been using this and California Mango cuticle oil (one on each hand) for about a week and haven't noticed a difference between the two yet. I would consider repurchasing this if I ever ran out.

on 12/19/2010 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I am very pleased with this product. I apply Solar Oil underneath my nails and onto my cuticles about twice a day or so (and after I finish my mani). Usually after I have washed my hands [or after shower]. I think that with oil, it's best to apply after washing hands, since oil is an occlusive moisturizer (meaning it seals in moisture/water that's already present). After applying the oil, I then put on hand cream and let it all soak in. I've read on the Nail Board that for some people, this product has dried out their nails, but I suspect they may have been using this on already dried out nails...Anyway, I have noticed that my nails are stronger and more flexible, even when I am not wearing polish, so that tells me that this Solar Oil is doing its job, so because of that I will use this and will buy again when I run out.

on 12/1/2010 4:57:00 PM

Solar Oil is such a crucial element in achieving and maintaining good nails and cuticles.
I love it and swear by it!

It's best used twice a day or more. Preferably once during the day and then just before bed. Ideally: have bottles everywhere! On your bed side, in your bag, in the car, on your desk. Everywhere! Apply it frequently especially after washing your hands. Dab or brush a little onto each cuticle and massage in small circles with the pad of your thumb. This pushes the oil into the skin and the nail benefits from the massage as it stimulates the nail matrix, encouraging healthy nail growth.

I've got more on this and other beauty products on my blog:

on 11/21/2010 1:56:00 PM

First off, I bought this on discount from winners' beauty section so it definitely help in justifying the purchase. I always moisturize my hands with creams/lotions but had never actually applied cuticle oil on a daily basis, only when I get manicures at nail salons. I have very dry hands and I tend to pick or bite at my nails, so I try to keep them painted to stop myself (I still do, once the polish chips). I prefer to get manicures only once every 2-3 weeks so I use the cuticle oil throughout the weeks in between. I'm trying to apply the oil more often now, at least once daily, to maintain my manicures and to prolong/prevent my nail polish from chipping.

I've been using this since summer, although not everyday. I'm not so sure about the long term benefits but I definitely noticed my nails and cuticles are much smoother right after application. I also love that it's light enough I don't leave grease marks on everything I touch. There's still a lot of product left so I will say this is worth the money, especially if you have dry hands and really care about how your nails look.

on 8/13/2010 5:03:00 PM

I started using this product on the advice of a nail technician who told me Solar Oil would help keep my newly applied acrylic nails flexible and care for my cuticles as well. I have been unable to grow my nails at all for many many years relying on UV gel enhancements to keep them looking decent. I happened to be in Johannesburg when I visited a nail salon a couple of months ago and it appears UV is a bit of a mistery there, so had to settle for acrylics. Anyway, I got a tiny bottle of the oil and applied it every evening while watching TV. Eventually my natural nails started appearing, the acrylics grew out and I continued to use the oil as I enjoyed the ritual. A few weeks later I noticed that my own nails were growing and not breaking! They had a nice sheen and the tips looked healthy, the cuticles were smooth and I had no hangnails; another irritating problem that disappeared. At some point I had to file them down as they were way too long! I attribute this to regular use of Solar Oil as I made no other changes in diet or lifestyle.

Meanwhile I ran out of the Solar Oil and started using a bottle of Sally Hansen's Vitamin E cuticle oil that I bought ages ago. My cuticles are rough, sore and peeling once again plus my thumb nail broke earlier this evening. Eeek, I am ordering another bottle of SO, right now!!!

Highly recommended :o)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

*grumbles* (Irrelevant but I hate how I can't undo something in this boxes in MUA, just type a whole review and deleted it by accident. But for this awesome stuff, I shall rewrite!)

This stuff, is pure awesomeness. Let me tell you I've peeling skin for years, YEARS I TELL YOU! I've tried various type of hand creams etc and none of them ever worked for me to get rid of them. Then I've gotten into the nail junk etc and was introduced to cuticle oils. This baby was featured in one of xsparkage's vids and was one of Scrangie's top list or whatever, so I had to try it out. I've tried ChG Orange Cuticle Oil and it worked great, however it never really got rid of my peeling skin on my fingers. This, however got rid of peeling skin and cuticles never looked better! Stopped using it for a few months and peeling skin is back! Used this again and it's gone! Awesome. SolarOil contains natural ingredients, including Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil and Vitamin E so that makes it even more awesome. ;D Initially I wasn't a fan of the sweet almond smell, but after a while I got used to it so it wasn't a problem. (: You just have to use a little so a little goes a long way, one bottle last pretty long! However I hate how the oil can lead to the cap so it doesn't close tight. So just be careful not to bring this around in your purse or it might leak! You can use SolarBalm as an alternative for your purse, but SolarBalm and SolarOil is totally different in my opinion.

on 8/12/2010 6:16:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my new HG cuticle oil fast absorbing smells great. I love the brush applicator. Very hydrating since using this my cuticles look so much better and no more hangnails. My only wish is that the packing was more travel friendly. Since it is a glass nail polish style bottle it's not so travel/purse friendly. This cuticle oil was very reasonable at about $6 a bottle it cheaper in the same price range as burts bee's yet cheaper than other brands such as opi. I will be getting moe of this when I run out

* Usage tip
I found I had best results if i put this on coming out of the shower and then before bed.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Solar Oil is wonderful. When applied several times a day to the cuticles, it really keeps them neat, healthy and looking smooth. It smells lovely, like warm almonds, but the scent is not cloying and dissipates as soon as the oil is absorbed into the skin (which is quickly). I'm not crazy about the price which averages about $5-$8 for a half ounce, but it sure seems worth it.

on 5/12/2010 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

great!!! i got it off of ebay for a great price!!!! just used today and i can already see a difference!!!

This is a great cuticle oil. Good moisturizing effect, and my cuticles don't look half as bad as they used to. I like to use this at night before I go to bed cause it absorbs really quickly. In the morning though I use LUSH Lemony Flutter which is imo, the best thing that happened to my nails EVER. =)

Popular Treatments