Garnier Sleek and Shine Conditioner

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

New Formulation 7/2011: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Palm Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Apple Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCI, Apricot Kernel Oil, Citric Acid, Sugar Cane Extract,Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Yellow 5, Lemon Peel Extract, Yellow 6, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aminomethyl Propanol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this, the sleek and shine shampoo, and sleek and shine leave in conditioner. I love this stuff!!! After shampooing, I put this in my hair, but I wash my hair at the begginning of my shower, so the conditioner is in for like a really long time. I have dry, thick, curly hair that easily frizzes. Before using sleek and shine, id was my hair everday(bad, I know). After washing my hair, like 30 mins later, my hair would be frizzy, and dry. This is probably because all i'd do was shampoo. Nothing else, no other products.I reccommend this to anyone with dry hair. After rinsing this out, my curls look great. Soft, defined, and shiny. My hair is manageable which is hard to achieve. If you're looking for a system that will leave a scent, this isn't it. My hair doesn't really smell like anything, but the look afterwards is so worth it.

******EDIT******
This stuff coats your hair and doesn't prevent frizz. I tkae away 3 stars because its claims are not true.

on 7/8/2009 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Garnier recently reformulated this product, and the new sleek and shine conditioner has no cones. It seemed to have increased in the amount of palm oil instead. It left my hair much more tamer and softer than the original did. Still has the amazing Garnier smell to it too. I still get a halo of frizz at the crown, but overall it is a good conditioner for my curly hair once in a while when I need to scrimp on cash.

on 5/27/2009 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This conditioner is great. My hair isn't thick or fine but in between, it's also straight. I've been using this for the longest and It perfectly hyrdrates my hair. It doesnt leave any build up of any sort. Just perfect. As for the shine part, my hairs always been shiny and healthy and this is probably why.

on 2/25/2009 12:14:00 AM

I would never pick up this shampoo or conditioner again. I was getting them for free almost every single month after coupons and sales. I'm stocked for years! After several months of using it, I have an allergic reaction to the formula. Dry, itchy scalp... So now I'm going back to purchasing shampoo. Wanted to love it, but it just didn't work out......

on 2/21/2009 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of my favorite drug store conditioners, I come back to it again and again. I have thick, slightly wavy hair which tends to frizz sometimes. This along with the Sleek and Shine shampoo helps smooth flyaways, and provides enough moisture to keep it manageable. Great stuff!

on 2/21/2009 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I. Love. This. Stuff.

I have naturally curly, slightly thick hair & this controls my frizzies & keeps my hair moisturized. It also makes my hair soft & slightly shiny (my hair is rarely ever shiny, so I can't really say, lol).

Garnier Fructis is awesome. (:

on 2/2/2009 1:50:00 PM

I have mixed opinions on this. It makes my hair smooth, but it does not make it shiny. This leaves really bad buildup and weighs my straight hair down. It also makes my hair get greasy fast. This product works for me at first, but after a month or so it does all of the things I listed above. I say I would buy again because I have bought it more than once, but I think this will be my last time.

on 1/31/2009 3:22:00 PM

My hair is wavy, poofy and frizzy. When I use even a lot of this conditioner, it does NOT make it sleek! I STILL have to iron my hair when I use this. So what is the point for me to buy this conditioner? It smells bad. So I will just use any conditioner out there that smells better. And iron my hair too.

on 1/18/2009 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I really like this conditioner. I have a very specific weekly hair care regimen: dandruff shampoo, conditioning shampoo, Garnier Sleek and Shine conditioner, followed by Queen Helene Hair Conditioning Cholesterol. I have chemically straightened African-American hair (read: VERY dry) and this works well for me. I use few other products in between washings, but this product conditions so that I can use a wide-tooth comb when my hair is wet, and smells nice. Is it the best conditioner on the market? No, but it's a solid, standout drugstore buy.

on 12/6/2008 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Makes my hair greasy after 3-4 days and leaves stick gunk on the scalp.