July 29, 2014 | 1310 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Full coverage, creamy formula. Goes on opaque and really lasts. Very good for a $5 drugstore product. BUT- it has a powdery finish that I didn't care for and the shade selection was seriously limited. I couldn't find a halfway decent color match. Not a terrible product but it didn't work out for me & I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Karmstar

I've been using this concealer for a long time. It covers eye darkness pretty well and the coverage is good too. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't cover blemishes very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by amy25033

This is a great concealer for the price. I wouldn't recommend this for under eye circles, since it can get a little cakey. It works wonders for my acne scars and best of all, it doesn't break me out! Lasts all day long, even after a 2 hour workout. However, there doesn't seem to be much product, and it runs out fast especially if you have a lot of blemishes to cover. The trick is to pat it into the skin, since it is very thick. This concealer is a fantastic steal!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by CultureCreature

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Maybe it's just my skin tone, but this (in ivory) is like a seriously perfect shade for covering me up. Just super awesome under the eyes and for any purply imperfections or discoloration - not the greatest on red or flakey skin, but great for everything else. However, keep in mind - my under the eye issues (through the joy of oily skin) are limited to awful discoloration, not lines.

Seriously dewy finish, though. I dig it. Mmm.

I struggle with face makeup - I'm really pale and don't usually do the 'done up' thing. This is perfect for no-makeup makeup styled ladies.

In a move that's totally not kosher, I smear some on my hand and emulsify it with my moisturizer if I'm having a decent skin day - it adds just enough color to cut minor imperfections down a notch.

Not recommended for heavy use or lots of coverage - it will smear off.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by clemmmentine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is definitely not for under-eye bags. Even for acne, I found it too cakey. I like the packaging in theory, and I was excited to try a creamy concealer. However, I find it very obvious both on zits and under my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by dotgirl101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I've used this concealer for over a year now to cover my severe acne and scarring, and I can honestly say it's the best one I can find in a drugstore.
It's thick, and it can therefore cover any pimple or scar on my face. Because it's so thick, I don't have to glob it on like I've had to do with other concealers in the past; a little goes a long way!
Also, because I have to use so little, this concealer will last 4 to 5 months (perhaps more!), which is a such a steal because it's only $5 or $6.
This is one of the only concealers that I can find that matches my extremely pale skin tone! I'm sure that just about anybody could find a match for their unique skin color.
Most importantly? This doesn't cause breakouts! This is HUGE for me. HUGE.

The only complaints I have about this product are 1) It's probably not the best concealer to use for under eye circles, because it'll show lines you didn't even know were there, 2) It CAN look cakey and splotchy if you're not careful; it can't be put on entire areas, only on specific spots, and 3) The packaging is a little annoying because after a few months of use, the concealer will get all over the cap. But that's just being nit-picky!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by jasiah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I liked it but my skin is too dry. It didn't go on easy & I mainly bought it for under eye circles. It wasn't the worst either through. I think it might work better for someone with oil skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by cheliocheerio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For me, this product sucks. It provides good coverage but it builds up pretty fast in time on the lines under my eyes making it counter-productive for bags (something I have lots of). Unfortunately the coverage I need is for my bags so this doesn't really do me well.

If your looking for coverage for acne scars or areas NOT around the eyes, this would probably work for you. It does not get oily so that's good.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by MissMerryMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this! Covers amazingly well, especially for the price! Blends in with ease and doesn't feel too heavy! Prefer this to some more expensive concealers. Every time I go to try a new type of concealer, I always end up coming back to this one! Long lasting, as well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not expect much from this when I saw 'color corrector' on the label but I did find this helpful. I find the green and purple sticks gimmicky but the yellow color should work because most skin tones have some yellow in it. I had to blend on only the edges because blending too much rubbed it off but this covered my acne. In addition it feels moisturizing with out feeling too creamy. I would say be careful when winding this up because the stick can break. I found that this in yellow worked for covering my acne and redness but it is mediocre in covering under eye circles. It is not terrible just so-so.
To use: Apply blending slightly above the neck of the pimple do not overblend! Then put a matte translucent powder over try to find one without any sparkles so attention will not be drawn towards the acne.
I will buy this again.