April 18, 2014 | 1355 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not expect much from this when I saw 'color corrector' on the label but I did find this helpful. I find the green and purple sticks gimmicky but the yellow color should work because most skin tones have some yellow in it. I had to blend on only the edges because blending too much rubbed it off but this covered my acne. In addition it feels moisturizing with out feeling too creamy. I would say be careful when winding this up because the stick can break. I found that this in yellow worked for covering my acne and redness but it is mediocre in covering under eye circles. It is not terrible just so-so.
To use: Apply blending slightly above the neck of the pimple do not overblend! Then put a matte translucent powder over try to find one without any sparkles so attention will not be drawn towards the acne.
I will buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

This was my first concealer.
It's not that easy to apply, a little thick. I used ivory over Revlon Colorstay in buff.
I used my ring finger to spread it over/into my undereye area and on acne scars. It didn't really cover, it just caked up and accentuated my little undereye wrinkles (I'm 21). For $10, this is going back to the drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by gonedrake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is actually one of the best concealers I've come across so far - it stays on for lengthy periods of time and covers over anything. Since it only comes in a few colors, it doesn't always match my skin tone, but if you blend it nicely it works well.

Overall, even if you don't usually use stick concealers (I never really did), it's proven to be great.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by LSFH

Have been buying this product for years. It was the first concealer I ever purchased before I knew anything about make up but somehow I keep coming back to it. I take medium beige and whenever I see the shade I buy a couple just in case. When I use this product, I prime with a mix of day moisturizer and idealist skin serum. Then use a mineral makeup foundation. Then lightly wet a stippling brush (MAC) and take the stick and roll it gently over the bristles to 'load it up.' But again very gently and not too much, with this concealer it is much better to layer. then I stipple the areas that need some cover and finish by twirling the brush to blend. I finish with a translucent powder and additional mineral foundation if required for color matching. I find that it covers flawlessly. I can't even tell I have any make up on. Then blush and all the rest, gives you a no make up glow. Have received many compliments on my skin because people don't think I have any make up on at all. But as others have said, it can be hard to work with. I find the water really helps. And warming it up as well. Always layer lightly. And don't be afraid to start over if you mess it up the first couple of times. Otherwise yes it can look cakey. Patience is a virtue. This is a really cheap effective product when used correctly.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually use this under my Revlon Colorstay Foundation for oily/combo skin and use it OVER my foundation for under eyes, just a bit of this goes a very long way. Careful not to apply TOO much otherwise it has a tendency to cake and sink into lines. I've been looking for a concealer that covers as well but in liquid and have yet to find one so until i do, this will be my go-to concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by anaheartsmakeup

overall I am really enjoying this product. yes i wish the packaging was better done and i'm not a big fan of stick concealers but this product is too good not to use it because of those reasons. it blends really well and gives a very good strong coverage. i don't really need to touch it up to much maybe just halfway through the day. it definitely doesn't look like you get a lot of product but you do, i use this product everyday and it has lasted me a very long time

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Frenchmix

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Love this, I have the yellow one. It's super creamy and works well for acne marks and above my mouth where the color is off a bit, so I need a little concealer there. I'm going to get another one for back-up. My other concealer I was using was causing break-outs, I'm guessing because of the vit E in it, that is one of the reasons I choose this one, it has no vitamin E.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Sassy_Pants77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great little concealer. It's light, covers flawlessly and the price is right. Sometimes I use this in place of foundation - just covering the essentials and leaving the rest. Great buy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

I have this in green and white, and use both daily. The green is great for redness, which I have a lot of. It's very pigmented and creamy, and gives great coverage without being cakey. I use it under my foundation, and it never shows through. The only downside is the stick seems to be leaning to the side and possibly will break off.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by missbeautyqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros:
- Nice consistency
- Cover redness
- Easy to find
- Cheap
- Twist up (Like lipstick tube)
- Clear packaging
Cons:
- Doesnt conceal pimples/acne
Overall:
I think this is an okay product. It conceales my redness very well but it doesnt hide my pimples/acne which is the reason why i bought it. I like that its a twist up concealer and that it has a clear packaging so you can see the color. I does have a thicker consistency than the fit me concealer so it does hide pimples a bit better but its still not the greatest. I do recommend this product to those who have redness but not to those who want to hid acne. I personally wont repurchase because i have a concealer for redness already that i like.