September 17, 2014 | 1931 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

I purchased the green coverstick, since green is best to hide redness. I would not recommend this product to those with dry skin, as the product is very, very cakey and does make dry skin look even more "cracked' (and in green -- eek!).

I think this product is for spot application for blemishes, and not so much larger areas to cover up. You do have to constantly pat it with skin to blend it in -- I do not recommend using a brush, as I tried with numerous types of brushes, and none could tone down the green color enough.

I probably won't buy again and will look out for another green-tone concealer, preferably in liquid form.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by srosen24

This is a great concealer! I usually use a liquid/cream/gel but I decided to switch to the stick to see what results and it was good! You have to make sure to rub it in fully but it has great coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Labloah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm really impressed with this. I purchased the yellow as a colour corrector for use under my eyes to tide me over, and I really wasn't expecting much, but it has exceeded my expectations and I've even ended up using this as a highlighter as well. On my yellow/peach based skin it works amazing well as a highlighter and concealer, completely covering redness and dark circles. It's very thick, lasts well, is water resistant and is easy to blend for such a thick product. It has fantastic coverage and is completely opaque, so it will give a very full finish, and as such I usually only use it with full finish foundations. A little does go a long way, and you can build coverage up too. It has a drier texture, so may not be suitable for dry or aging skin, and the finish is quite matte. It's more of a beige based yellow, so isn't as stark or bright as some yellow correctors can be.

I like the lipstick tube type application as I can apply directly to the face that way in precise strokes or dots, making them thicker or thinner as needed, then gently blending out with fingers or brush. I find for under eye use, drawing a line of concealer straight across about 5mm to 1cm below my eye then blending upwards helps to give a softer and less cakey finish than applying directly under the eye.

I'm ready to give up my Benefit Lemon-Aid concealer once it's finished and will definitely be purchasing this again (for comparisons sake Lemon-Aid does have a softer, creamier consistency, but it isn't as opaque and doesn't offer the same amount of coverage, plus it's slightly more yellow toned. I find I have have to use quite a bit of the Lemon-Aid to get the coverage I'm after, especially if I use it to highlight. It's also time consuming trying to get enough product on fingers or brushes, and constantly having to go back for more product). The only gripe I have is that the bullet broke in the tube when I first used it, and it really wasn't wound up all that far. I do think the summer heat and too much pressure on my part may have played a part in that happening, but it was easily fixed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Full coverage, creamy formula. Goes on opaque and really lasts. Very good for a $5 drugstore product. BUT- it has a powdery finish that I didn't care for and the shade selection was seriously limited. I couldn't find a halfway decent color match. Not a terrible product but it didn't work out for me & I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Karmstar

I've been using this concealer for a long time. It covers eye darkness pretty well and the coverage is good too. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't cover blemishes very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by amy25033

This is a great concealer for the price. I wouldn't recommend this for under eye circles, since it can get a little cakey. It works wonders for my acne scars and best of all, it doesn't break me out! Lasts all day long, even after a 2 hour workout. However, there doesn't seem to be much product, and it runs out fast especially if you have a lot of blemishes to cover. The trick is to pat it into the skin, since it is very thick. This concealer is a fantastic steal!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by CultureCreature

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Maybe it's just my skin tone, but this (in ivory) is like a seriously perfect shade for covering me up. Just super awesome under the eyes and for any purply imperfections or discoloration - not the greatest on red or flakey skin, but great for everything else. However, keep in mind - my under the eye issues (through the joy of oily skin) are limited to awful discoloration, not lines.

Seriously dewy finish, though. I dig it. Mmm.

I struggle with face makeup - I'm really pale and don't usually do the 'done up' thing. This is perfect for no-makeup makeup styled ladies.

In a move that's totally not kosher, I smear some on my hand and emulsify it with my moisturizer if I'm having a decent skin day - it adds just enough color to cut minor imperfections down a notch.

Not recommended for heavy use or lots of coverage - it will smear off.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by clemmmentine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is definitely not for under-eye bags. Even for acne, I found it too cakey. I like the packaging in theory, and I was excited to try a creamy concealer. However, I find it very obvious both on zits and under my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by dotgirl101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I've used this concealer for over a year now to cover my severe acne and scarring, and I can honestly say it's the best one I can find in a drugstore.
It's thick, and it can therefore cover any pimple or scar on my face. Because it's so thick, I don't have to glob it on like I've had to do with other concealers in the past; a little goes a long way!
Also, because I have to use so little, this concealer will last 4 to 5 months (perhaps more!), which is a such a steal because it's only $5 or $6.
This is one of the only concealers that I can find that matches my extremely pale skin tone! I'm sure that just about anybody could find a match for their unique skin color.
Most importantly? This doesn't cause breakouts! This is HUGE for me. HUGE.

The only complaints I have about this product are 1) It's probably not the best concealer to use for under eye circles, because it'll show lines you didn't even know were there, 2) It CAN look cakey and splotchy if you're not careful; it can't be put on entire areas, only on specific spots, and 3) The packaging is a little annoying because after a few months of use, the concealer will get all over the cap. But that's just being nit-picky!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by jasiah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I liked it but my skin is too dry. It didn't go on easy & I mainly bought it for under eye circles. It wasn't the worst either through. I think it might work better for someone with oil skin.