December 20, 2014 | 1201 users online

Masks - LUSH - Brazened Honey Face Mask

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by silkpuppet

My favorite of the LUSH masks. Brazened Honey contains almonds, fennel, sage, lime, and obviously honey to super-cleanse and stimulate your skin. I have to agree that this mask smells of sugary licorice because of the fennel and that is a huge turn-off. That aside, BH is one of the non-gimmicky LUSH masks. That is, you actually see a difference after applying. This mask leaves my face perfectly smooth and glowing. BH reduces oil and shrinks the pores. I love that it can double up as an exfoliant, gives you more bang for your buck.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Sabsumaiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This face mask is amazing. I feel like it actually makes my face brighter as well as cleaning and exfoliating. I really felt like it made my skin glow, even though I only used up one container. I've said I would purchase it again, but I probably won't simply because of it's perishability. It doesn't last long at all, the use-by date is like a few weeks, and I obviously don't want to use it more than twice a week. It's a shame because I really do like it. And Lush is a pain to get to from my area, so I can't purchase it as soon as I run out. =(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by alaras

This is one of Lush's fresh masks which means it has like 3 weeks life and you need to keep it in the fridge (I still use it after 4 weeks though).
It smells amazing as everyone wrote here, it is exactly the same smell as YSL Nu perfume. As a perfume I find it a bit too sweet...
The mask itself is ok, it gives me an overall radiance that lasts for a while. It's not that I cannot live without it but nice to pamper oneself. The product is enough to use at least 6 -8 times.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by eleseisgreat

The smell of this product is amazing. It isn't too harsh on your skin which many face masks I find can be, and has a beautiful scent. Another fantastic product from Lush.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by MsMaryMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love love love this stuff! I have normal/dry skin which is sensitive but not prone to acne- just for reference. This mask leaves my skin hydrated, soft and bright... my face looks like its glowing when I'm done withit. :) I highly recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mask is so entirely rich smelling and decadent.

A favorite.

Sit in a warm bath with this on (I like to bathe in Blue Skies & Fluffy Clouds, the Lush blue and white bubble bar that smells like Patchouli) .....

The warmth of the water, the fragrance of the bath (especially patchoulli) and this honey rich intoxicating scent simply makes me feel like a queen.

Oh, and the results are phenomenal. Clean, luminous skin that looks clear, refreshed, and glowing. There's a nice exfoliating quality that you can work up in the rinse off, too. So you leave the mask on, then slowly work it off with some water, using the mask as an exfoliant, slowly in circular motions. Lovely.

Will I repurchase? Smells divine, makes me feel like a queen, skin glows after use.

Yeah, I think so ....

p.s. I get about 10 masks out of this .... Lush says 5. I get way more. Extremely price friendly for this user. Make sure to check the "Use By" date when purchasing, to give yourself plenty of time, then keep it in the fridge. You can easily have two to three weeks of honied luxury time.

p.p.s. I see someone wrote that there is "black licorice" in this .... I'm guessing anise or fennel. Probably why I love the scent, a heady combination of anise/fennel (fennel is a purifying herb) and honey. If your sniffers don't like that kind of rich combination, you probably should pass on this. Personally, I absolutely love anise ("black licorice") and honey, and this rocks my world .... and I have combo skin that can handle most anything. SA told me this was not for sensitive skin. It's a workhorse: if you have sensitive skin, also take a pass.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by terrortwigg

I usually use Love Lettuce for my face mask, and every few months I'll change it up. This time I bought this Brazened Honey and it's pretty decent. When I rinse my face my skin looks amazing, but the effect doesn't really last. And the smell is SO POWERFUL! It's nice, but wow. It's really strong, my mum always comments on it from across the room, and it lingers on your skin for at least a few hours which I absolutely hate. So I think it's a decent mask, but I don't think I'll be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by briano1092

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

After finishing the cupcake mask which does nothing to my skin, I decided to try this mask and now when I already finish my pot of Brazened Honey, I have to say that I like it. When I put this mask on my face, I can feel my skin stings a little bit and I think it was doing its job that is detoxifying my skin. The mask is quite grainy so I can use it as a scrub as well. Even though I can't see any dramatic change, I still repurchase it because I love how it feels on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by caileybeth

The staff at Lush pointed me to this when I asked about a mask for my combination skin. It smells unusual but I didn't find it off-putting, it feels great, you can feel it tingling as it's on and scrubbing away dead skin as you wash it off! It made the blackheads covering my nose look totally gone, was so impressed and felt confident after. I recommend this product for people with inflammation on the jawline or t-zone as it helps minimize and get rid of dirt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by patty88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Absolutely love this one! I can feel the mask really working, and it really leaves your skin smooth, refreshed and it does lighten spots. There's only one setback- the smell isn't that great. It's a very odd smell- not herbal, not floral, not even of honey. At times, especially when you spread it towards your nose, it even smells kind of musty (like old clothes that have not been dried properly). In fact, I find the smell worse than Cosmetic Warrior's garlic (which actually is very mild, but then, I'm a garlic-lover).

However, having said all that, this is still a great mask, possibly the best in Lush's fresh mask range (so far I've tried this, the Sacred Truth, Cosmetic Warrior and Oatifix), and its detoxing power more than makes up for its odd smell. I've also taken to using it as a hand mask as well- it really brightens your hands, but you need to moisturise after. For my face though, it's great, as I have combination skin, often more to the oily side. It's a definite repurchase for me.