January 28, 2015 | 1822 users online

Masks - LUSH - Brazened Honey Face Mask

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict96

For reference, I have combination, acne prone skin. I was having some trouble with breakouts and dull skin, and while I was at LUSH, the SA recommended this to me, saying it would be perfect for my skin.
Not..At..All..
The worst thing about this mask is the way it smells. It's a really overpowering and strong blend of honey and herbs. If the mask helped, I wouldn't complain, but it was useless. I bought a super tiny pot that lasted 5 times, and it was pretty expensive (even more expensive if you consider what I got).
The almond bits are exfoliating, but they aren't round, they're too gritty and harsh. I would compare this to the St Ives apricot scrub. It's dangerous to use products like this on your skin. Since the almond bits are so rough, they create microscopic tears in your skin! This is not soothing, it did not make my skin look refreshed / rejuvenated / glowy. My breakouts have not been reduced at all. It just inflamed them even more. My skin felt so dry, and I have a very oily t zone.
I will not buy this again. It's useless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by silkpuppet

My favorite of the LUSH masks. Brazened Honey contains almonds, fennel, sage, lime, and obviously honey to super-cleanse and stimulate your skin. I have to agree that this mask smells of sugary licorice because of the fennel and that is a huge turn-off. That aside, BH is one of the non-gimmicky LUSH masks. That is, you actually see a difference after applying. This mask leaves my face perfectly smooth and glowing. BH reduces oil and shrinks the pores. I love that it can double up as an exfoliant, gives you more bang for your buck.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Sabsumaiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This face mask is amazing. I feel like it actually makes my face brighter as well as cleaning and exfoliating. I really felt like it made my skin glow, even though I only used up one container. I've said I would purchase it again, but I probably won't simply because of it's perishability. It doesn't last long at all, the use-by date is like a few weeks, and I obviously don't want to use it more than twice a week. It's a shame because I really do like it. And Lush is a pain to get to from my area, so I can't purchase it as soon as I run out. =(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by alaras

This is one of Lush's fresh masks which means it has like 3 weeks life and you need to keep it in the fridge (I still use it after 4 weeks though).
It smells amazing as everyone wrote here, it is exactly the same smell as YSL Nu perfume. As a perfume I find it a bit too sweet...
The mask itself is ok, it gives me an overall radiance that lasts for a while. It's not that I cannot live without it but nice to pamper oneself. The product is enough to use at least 6 -8 times.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by eleseisgreat

The smell of this product is amazing. It isn't too harsh on your skin which many face masks I find can be, and has a beautiful scent. Another fantastic product from Lush.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by MsMaryMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love love love this stuff! I have normal/dry skin which is sensitive but not prone to acne- just for reference. This mask leaves my skin hydrated, soft and bright... my face looks like its glowing when I'm done withit. :) I highly recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mask is so entirely rich smelling and decadent.

A favorite.

Sit in a warm bath with this on (I like to bathe in Blue Skies & Fluffy Clouds, the Lush blue and white bubble bar that smells like Patchouli) .....

The warmth of the water, the fragrance of the bath (especially patchoulli) and this honey rich intoxicating scent simply makes me feel like a queen.

Oh, and the results are phenomenal. Clean, luminous skin that looks clear, refreshed, and glowing. There's a nice exfoliating quality that you can work up in the rinse off, too. So you leave the mask on, then slowly work it off with some water, using the mask as an exfoliant, slowly in circular motions. Lovely.

Will I repurchase? Smells divine, makes me feel like a queen, skin glows after use.

Yeah, I think so ....

p.s. I get about 10 masks out of this .... Lush says 5. I get way more. Extremely price friendly for this user. Make sure to check the "Use By" date when purchasing, to give yourself plenty of time, then keep it in the fridge. You can easily have two to three weeks of honied luxury time.

p.p.s. I see someone wrote that there is "black licorice" in this .... I'm guessing anise or fennel. Probably why I love the scent, a heady combination of anise/fennel (fennel is a purifying herb) and honey. If your sniffers don't like that kind of rich combination, you probably should pass on this. Personally, I absolutely love anise ("black licorice") and honey, and this rocks my world .... and I have combo skin that can handle most anything. SA told me this was not for sensitive skin. It's a workhorse: if you have sensitive skin, also take a pass.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by terrortwigg

I usually use Love Lettuce for my face mask, and every few months I'll change it up. This time I bought this Brazened Honey and it's pretty decent. When I rinse my face my skin looks amazing, but the effect doesn't really last. And the smell is SO POWERFUL! It's nice, but wow. It's really strong, my mum always comments on it from across the room, and it lingers on your skin for at least a few hours which I absolutely hate. So I think it's a decent mask, but I don't think I'll be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by briano1092

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

After finishing the cupcake mask which does nothing to my skin, I decided to try this mask and now when I already finish my pot of Brazened Honey, I have to say that I like it. When I put this mask on my face, I can feel my skin stings a little bit and I think it was doing its job that is detoxifying my skin. The mask is quite grainy so I can use it as a scrub as well. Even though I can't see any dramatic change, I still repurchase it because I love how it feels on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by caileybeth

The staff at Lush pointed me to this when I asked about a mask for my combination skin. It smells unusual but I didn't find it off-putting, it feels great, you can feel it tingling as it's on and scrubbing away dead skin as you wash it off! It made the blackheads covering my nose look totally gone, was so impressed and felt confident after. I recommend this product for people with inflammation on the jawline or t-zone as it helps minimize and get rid of dirt.