LUSH Catastrophe Cosmetic

3.9

(Calamine Powder is Zinc Oxide 'with a dash of Iron Oxide'-LUSH website) Ingredients: Calamine Powder, Talc, Irish Moss Gel (Chondrus crispus), Fresh Blueberries (Vaccinium myrtillus), Glycerine, Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), *Limonene, Perfume, Colour 18050 * Occurs naturally in Essential Oils

on 4/26/2013 4:01:00 PM

Ive tried every single lush fresh mask out there, stored them in fridge, used them exactly as im supposed to, thrown them out when supposed to, but i have an allergic reaction to every single one, every single time, i just cannot use them, theres something in them that dosent agree with my sensitive skin :( does anyone else get this with the lush face masks at all? Definately wouldnt recommend for those with sensitive skin.

on 3/11/2013 7:53:00 AM

This was a freebie after I returned 5 containers at Lush. I'm so glad I chose this mask. The smell is great, it's calming yet exfoliating and left my skin looking and feeling like I'd had an expensive facial!
My only complaint with this is that the pot is probably not the most hygienic but it's a small complaint and definitely won't stop me using the product.

on 1/26/2013 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product left my skin feeling much softer and fresh after the first use. Also smells quite lovely, and lingered the whole day. However, for some reason it left sort of a powdery layer after I washed it off, which was also visible on my fingers and in the pot when I finished the product. This was the only concern I had with the product, but asides from that...worth a shot.

on 1/16/2013 2:33:00 AM

*SHORT SUMMARY; THIS IS A LUXURY / CALMING MASK*

This mask is made with fresh blueberries. It smells a little bit like calamine lotion and blueberries, with a hint of citrus and rose. It goes on smooth, and not clumpy. It immediately gives my skin a cool, calm relaxing feel. when I use this mask, I just want to lay back and enjoy. It goes great with cucumbers over the eyes. It gives my complexion a temporary clear and even toned appearance, I'd say for a day or two. I have combination/oily skin, It does not dry out my face, and it does not moisturize it either. It's a mask great for any skin type. I'd say it's more for a luxury feel. Great for days you just need a "pick me up" or even for a relaxing girls day.

BASIC INFO ABOUT ALL OF LUSH'S MASKS:
The masks are made of natural ingredients, and are not tested on animals. They come in a 2.1 oz jar, with a screw top lid. The jar is recyclable, and the store offers a program where you can return 5 of your empty jars in exchange for one full mask of your choice. Each mask cost's a little less than $7. You get about 5 uses from one jar. Each mask is typically good for about 2 weeks from it's packaged date. Each jar is labeled with a package date, and expiration date. These masks are to be kept refrigerated. Typical recommended use is 2-3 times a week. I do not recommend purchasing more than one mask at a time, as you will end up wasting product... It will expire before you can use them all up, unless you plan to use one jar everyday for a week.

This product is amaaazing! I walked into lush and asked the person for a face mask that would tone down redness, remove excess oil, and be okay ,maybe even help a bit, with my extremely sensitve skin. This does it all. The blue of the mask sticks to the fine hairs on your face (not noticable) throughout the day, making your face appear less red. I had a shiny patch of skin right between my eyebrows that wouldn't go away no matter what face wash, scrub, or mask I used. But after using this just once, it was totally gone, and has only appeared a couple other times (while I was testing others products; not using this one). Lastly, it is hard to find a cleanser that won't irritate my eczema. This didn't. It even healed most of it up! This product is a miracle worker.

I decided to buy this after the suggestion of the sales rep at LUSH who was serving me. I asked for a face mask that could help my acne/blemish prone skin and she suggested Catastrophe.

I had high hopes after using another one of Lush's face mask (can't remember the name, but it was a garlic based one - and yes it did reek very bad :S). That mask wasn't incredibly effective but it did leave my skin smooth.

Anyways, Catastrophe had a really nice blueberry fragrance and it felt smooth and soft and I like how you can see the actually blueberries :) I would leave it on for about ten minutes after it would become really hard, making it impossible to move my face lol.

I would notice the redness in my face was more calm and less visible and it would leave my face smooth and soft. I prefer to use this mask when my skin is at it's worst as it's a great healer <3

on 12/13/2012 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've bought this about four times now and I am so glad that I discovered Catastrophe Cosmetic! I really like Lush, but their employees bother me with their fake nice-ness so I rarely go there unless there's something specific that I really want.

ANYWAYS. I have oily/acne-prone skin and when I use this my skin looks better than ever. It doesn't have a bad smell and it doesn't sting. It's a little expensive for the amount you get but I only buy this every once in a while when my skin is looking a little haggard. The jar says it lasts about ten days I think, but I've used it past that and it was totally fine.
I love that it's a blue color and that you can see the blueberries in it!

on 11/22/2012 11:39:00 AM

This fresh mask is amazing! I have combination skin with oily t-zone and some dry areas sometimes around the rest of my face. I usually have redness on my cheeks and some annoying pimples and blackheads. This mask made my skin feel like a baby's skin, really soft! The redness was almost all gone and my skin looked awake and healthy! I recommend using this after showering, I used this after a soft exfoliation and the results were amazing! The smell might be a bit strong inside the package but when you put it on your face it's really gentle and nice.
The only thing i don't like about it is the price. It's quite expensive for something that only lasts you about a month but I'd repurchase because it's a really good product!

on 11/11/2012 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got this as a 5-pots-trade-in freebie at the suggestion of a Lush SA - I told her Cosmetic Warrior was my favorite but maybe too strong to use all the time, and she suggested this as a gentler alternative. That's exactly how I would describe this mask.
It's thicker than other Lush masks I've tried, so I agree with the suggestion to leave it at room temperature for a bit before applying. It dries very quickly, is easy to rinse off, and exfoliates a bit as you remove it.
It makes my skin very smooth and calms down any redness I might have, from pimples or general irritation/sensitivity. My skin feels clean and calm, it's very relaxing after a long day. I didn't notice any adverse effects using this multiple days in a row, so this would be a good candidate for my time-of-the-month breakout.
I'd absolutely purchase this again, and would recommend it to anyone with problem, sensitive skin.

on 10/29/2012 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

i gave this a 4 but i would buy it again.
packaging is a black plastic pot with 75g of the mask inside. should always be refrigerated. $15.95 AUD.
it is purple with little seaweed bits in it and smells like blueberries. I like this one alot, it is soothing to put on and doesnt take too long to dry, then can be washed off easily. My face feels soft afterwards, though there seems to be a thick, oily/candle wax residue left after i wash it off.
It doesnt really do 'anything' i dont think, except feel good and smell good and is fun to use. I didnt notice any huge difference in my skin. I have okay skin, one or two blemishes but otherwise normal. I didnt break out.
my only gripe is that it lasts 3 weeks from the date of manufacture. I bought mine when it had 2 weeks left...very expensive for the time that it lasts, but i guess thats what you get for fresh products.