September 1, 2014 | 2044 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by briano1092

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love LUSH Brazened Honey Mask but not this one. It does nothing good or bad to my skin but when I wash my face, the mask still leaves a grey cast that is impossible to wash off, I have to rub my skin real hard or use a toner afterward.
I will not repurchase any fresh mask from LUSH because I think they're just feel-good-masks and do nothing beneficial to my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pricy. Smells great. Absorbs oil without drying. Evens out redness. Despite the cost, i''d definitely buy again; it made enough difference for me to actually get in the habit of using a mask once a week. I doled out portions and froze them for future use. Some of the lush items are a miss, but this is a definite hit for me.
I will go thru extra trouble if something actually works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Amyjj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this mask!! it controlled my oily, spot-prone skin, yet hydrated my dry patches wonderfully! for my very spotty times (hormones!) I use this with Grease Lightning spot treatment, which seems to make the spot healing process much faster. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by chines3noodl3s

I've tried almost all of the fresh masks at lush and this has to be my favourite! whenever I go in there I have to buy this. it actually makes my face less red (acne prone skin), and makes my pimples smaller. it feels great when you wash it off, and its one of lush's better smelling masks.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Corak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Because of my acne, I use chemical exfoliants frequently. Sometimes due to my anxiousness, I put too much on in a desperate (and often unsuccessful) attempt to rescue a large spot, and end up with completely inflamed and angry red skin. This is when I whip this out as a final rescue tool. It is the chamomile and rose ingredients which is saturated in the liquid that works. So pick up more of the liquid bit, let it sink in for at least 15 mins and up to 1 hour. Rinse it off, and you will notice immediately calmed and neutralized skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was a good face mask...how ever at least for me, it is definitely not LUSH's best.

Normally I use Oatafix face mask, which smells like Oatmeal cookies on your skin. I like that one because it is very hydrating, but due to the fact that they were out at my LUSH this was the next best thing. The smell how ever was something that I could barely tolerate, it was very perfumy in the scent of roses and blueberries. I put this on my face and walked by my roommate and she said "Eww that smells so strong".

One fantastic thing about LUSH face masks are the amount that you get. It doesn't seem like a lot, and I've known some people to get disappointed at how much is there, but a little goes a very long way. I actually ended up wasting almost a quarter of it, because I couldn't use it fast enough, I will definitely freeze half next time.

With sensitive acne prone skin, I don't think this mask did me any favors. Instead of soothing my skin, it seems more red and angry than it did previously, at first I thought it was just pulling everything to the surface, but this mask didn't seem to impart any lasting benefits to my skin.

So in the end...it did not break me out, but it did not make my skin any better. I just look for AMAZING when it comes to face masks and this is not it, I think I will stick to the oatafix mask.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by gconn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is my favorite Lush face mask ever. I bought Cupcake when they were out of this one, and it just wasn't the same.

Description:
- Blue and gritty, sort of like blueberry ice cream. Clay base.
- Smells...vaguely perfumed. Very pleasant, and not too overbearing.
- Comes in the same Lush tub as all the others - save these for a free mask with every 5 empty tubs!
- Needs to be used by about 3 weeks. If you can't use it up that quickly, divide and freeze a couple spoonfuls on a plate, pop 'em off when they're frozen, and put them in a ziplock baggie. You can defrost them when you're ready to use them later by letting one sit at room temp for a few minutes.

What it does:
- Brightens, tightens skin
- Reduces redness
- Soothes blemishes and inflammation
- SUCKS UP all the oil in your face

I always need to moisturize after this, but more oily gals (and guys) may not. This is a real 'feel and look good' mask, and the effects last maybe 12-24 hours. I love to use it on a regular basis, but it would also many a great special occasion mask to give your skin an extra boost.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 3:53:00 AM More reviews by stephyrm12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first lush product and i was very impressed! I used it every other day and it made my skin super nice. My skin doesnt have many problems except for dryness and the occasional breakout, but this made my skin... glow. I dont know how else to say it, it made my skin look more healthy and glowing from within than it ever has, which is never has. LOL. I guess it was the blueberries that really made it healthy and glow. i had flawless glowing skin for about 3 weeks because of this. (x the closest lush is about an hour from my house, but next time i go, i will try more of their masks for sure! my only problem with this is that the texture of this was a little difficult to spread. Not very creamy and smooth like it was in the store. idk, could have just been my jar, but mine was kinda dry and rough cause of all the blueberries and all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

For some reason I always forget about the poor little masks hiding in the fridge in the corner when I go into Lush and I never pick one up. But this is the second Lush Fresh Face Mask I've tried and I'm really glad I got this! I purchased Catastrophe Cosmetic because it seemed like a good mask for my combination skin, even in the winter. Some masks for oily/combination skin can dry me out too much, which I really don't want in the colder months. But this one seemed like it would just help balance my skin and clear up some spots.
First of all, this smells really good. It has a nice, sweet yet herbal blueberry scent to it. I find that the smell lingers even after I've washed this off, but I love catching whiffs of blueberry on my face throughout the day! The mask is a blue-grey color with bits of blueberries throughout it. It seemed a little thick at first, but it spread all over my face very easily and stayed put as it dried. Some people mentioned pieces flaking off, but I've never had that problem. This mask does not sting or burn and does not get uncomfortably tight.
Because this mask is a little thick and chunky, I was worried it might be difficult to wash off. But I rinse it off in the shower and it comes right off. I do use a toner afterwards though, and usually get a little greyish residue on my cotton ball, so I highly recommend toning after using this mask to really get everything off.
The results I have gotten from Catastrophe Cosmetic are wonderful. It reduces redness in blemishes, makes blemishes smaller, and makes my face matte -- in a good way! My skin looks and feels balanced without any oily or dry spots. It makes my skin glow and look really refreshed and healthy.
The only problem with this is the expiration date! Some Lush products are perfectly fine for months after their expiration dates, but their masks are not one of those products. So far I've used this 9 times in 3 weeks. It expired last week, and when I went to use it today, it was much harder to smooth over my face. It started drying almost instantly. I made it work and my skin looks as great as it always does after using this, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to use this again. I have about 2 uses left in the pot, and I really love this and hate to have to throw it away. Lush, if you could just make your masks last 2 weeks longer, I'd be the happiest Lushie ever!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Rae1707

I bought this at Lush hoping it would work well. For the first two tries, it was amazing! It cleared the little bumps under my eyes, reduced my blackheads, and reduced oil. It made my skin like a china doll's. Then on the third use, it made my skin really red and painful. I was so scared and upset. For sensitive skin, this is a no-no!