Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation

3.7

active ingredient: titanium dioxide 2.30% ingredients: talc, nylon-12, silica, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, dimethicone, glycerin, polyperfluoromethylisopropyl ether, tocopheryl acetate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) unsaponifiables, lauroyl lysine, petrolatum, zeolite, ptfe, zinc stearate, eicosapentaenoic acid, docosahexaenoic acid, magnesium myristate, lauryl alcohol, pca, laureth-3, tetrasodium edta, bht, sorbic acid, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, [ /-(may contain) mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288)]

Very Good Product

Hi guys! This is my first review! let's get started...

So...I am new to powder foundation- prior to stila I used lorac, clinique, and other brands that carry liquid foundation with higher than average coverage. I do have blemish prone skin and need to wear foundation every day to create the appearance of clear skin. I am surprised to say that I really like this foundation. It's cheaper than the liquids I used to use and it covers blemishes moderately if you apply it with the included sponge. For those who want lighter coverage you could always use a powder brush. The color matches my skin perfectly (30 Watts) which is so rare for me...The overall look is nice- it doesn't leave my skin looking powdery and cakey but a setting powder is necessary for those with oily/combo skin since the foundation isnt too mattifying. (I use MUFE HD powder which def sets the foundation and keeps me oil free until midday- highly recommended)

TIP: I love makeup but I am super cheap- Instead of buying full price I always look on ebay first. I'm actually gonna buy a refill for this foundation for $10 ! How awesome? lol enjoy!

I don't know what this thing suppose to do with my skin. It's a foundation, but it doesn't seem to cover anything on my face. It's too sheer, and it makes my skin oily. I tried to used it as a setting powder for my HG Clinique Superfit, but it seem to be too heavy. I can't used this as my blot powder because this thing makes my face more shiny. Gosh, i tried so many different technique to work with this foundation but it seems everything is failed.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I'm not a fan of powder foundation in general but thought I would give this a try when Stila had their F&F sale. Wow this is the best powder foundation I've tried. Since it has a slight illuminating quality to it for those who hate the powdery look this is perfect. The coverage is fairly sheer so it will really only even out the skintone but won't cover any acne/scars. My main complaint is that that the refill doesn't really sit that securely into the case (which by the way is super cute). For those who have oily skin this is NOT mattifying at all so you'll need to wear a primer underneath. Those with normal/dry skin will be fine. I just love the look that this provides, so natural and luminous!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Good coverage, but a little chalky. Liked it more than MAC studio FX. Loved that it has spf!

I really like this powder because it doesn't look cakey! It virually melts onto the skin and makes it look radiant without looking shiney. Most powder foundations look thick and cakey and you can see that 'powdery' look on the skin, but this powder sits on the skin really well and leaves no trace of 'powderyness' behind. You can use a brush for a nice minimal coverage or use the sponge in the compact for a fuller coverage. The packaging is great because you can pop the pan out when it's finished and buy the refill and pop it back in. Love it!

Brilliant product By Stila, Quality is Fab!, & it really is illuminating, its not false advertisement!. Covers my blemishes instantly with a dash of this foundation after my concealer!, no need to brush it in forever like most powder foundations, doesn't make my face look chalky or over done!
Gives me a Nicole Richie, bohemian look, chose a shade darker than my skin, but it really blends, and brightens up. it may look dull in the packaging, but when its on! wow its wonderful!!!!
if you don't buy this, you would probably regret it!!
my first product from stila, and im going to buy more!

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this product on its own or over foundation, doesn't make the skin look dull like lots of other powders and evens out the skin tone nicely!! Great for my normal - combination skin tone!

Also I found out it is over 80% minerals!!! Which is great for preventing my occasional break out...

You would not want a powder foundation with any more illumination than this, if you want that i would suggest use a highlighter over the top.. =0)

recieved as an extra from a sweet swapper it's not a foundation it's a all over face shimmer in *6 its a baby pink shimmer love it would def. purchase myself when i run out

I like this product tons in Watt 40, but I'm a little disappointed that it did not illuminate a little more. If anyone knows of the same consistancy in a foundation powder with a little more illumination I wish they would tell me, until then it's a keeper!