April 17, 2014 | 1427 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by alienxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cupcake smells okay. Honestly, I don't really like the smell of chocolate but I bought it because it's supposed to be a "deep cleanse". I don't have much problems with skin but due to winter, irregular sleeping patterns and eating a lot of unhealthy food, my face has become a little more dry and less "glowy". Honestly, I feel like it doesn't do much to my skin; it still looks and feels the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw how many great reviews this has. I always have to peek into the LUSH store everytime I walk by-I love the smell of this. I onced used a similar chocolate/strawberry mask Freeman sample size and I liked it-but I find the cheaper masks do not work as effectively as this LUSH fresh face mask. The smell is invigorating. I put this all over my newly washed, dried face as directed. Wait 15 minutes or so (watch TV, etc), and wash it off with warm water and wash cloth gently massaging the mask off (your face cloth will be a brown color after this), and it's like magic-skin is instantly renewed, softened, and pores are less visible!! The effect last for a few days and it's time to do it again. For $7 dollars it'll last 3 weeks, 2-3 weekly. It's worth it. Your makeup will go on smoother and your skin will thank you.

EDIT: Gals if you have problems with oil control this is for you. I'm totally serious-this stuff will really help with oil-control. It minimizes pore sizes and smooths your skin. I barely have to wear any foundation just mineral powder and my skin is radiant. I work 5 days/week very stressfull job wreaks havoc on my skin-I was beginning to get bumps and breakouts from work and I was putting more and more makeup to cover up but this mask saved me. Now my irritation from breakouts are calmed, I use it every other day or I'll skip two days inbetween-wonderful. Especially around my hairline and chin and nose (oily part), reddness around my mouth and nose this stuff works!

EDIT: absolutely glorious face mask-you can definitely get six uses out of one tub. Please slather this mask on-don't skimp on it the more the better-I usually leave it on for 30 minutes then I hop in the shower and wash off. It's all natural ingredient won't harm the environment. Hooray! Absolutely love it, I was debating on trying the other Lush mask but I think I love this one so much I'm afraid the others won't match up. :-D

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Lakkert

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells realyy good, like freshly baked chocolate cake. The product itself is very nice, a pot (the short, black ones) lasted me for 4 masks. It did not do anything with my acne but it made my pores less visible and my face less oily. For the price and condsidering animal testing and the ingridients this is a nice mask, but i would not repurchase as i have other products that i prefer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by CCatena

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have bought this a few times and love this mask which I share with my 21 year old. It smells great, I have never had a problem washing it off, but admit it definitely lingered on a white wash cloth. It feels great cold on warm skin. I can't say it helped my skin, but I didn't break out from it. Sometimes I use it i the t zone and another mask like bbseaweed on my dry spots. But I love the indulgence of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this mask. It smells amazing and I'd never used rhassoul clay before, it's very luxurious. After using the mask, my skin is perfectly smooth for makeup application, so I'd use it in the morning.
However, after using it every other day for a while, I noticed that I was starting to break out in odd places where I don't usually get pimples, and I think this mask is the culprit. I'm not sure what ingredient did it, but I can't use this anymore and it makes me very sad. I'll stick with Cosmetic Warrior instead.
I put "yes" for buy this again because it really seems like a nice product if you're concerned with oil and have resilient and relatively pimple-free skin, so I'd recommend it for someone to try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by sara942

At first I was worried that this would exacerbate breakouts because chocolate tends to do that to me. However, the first ingredient is Rhassoul mud, which is great for gently absorbing oil and detoxing the skin, and I can really feel this tightening my pores when I use it.

The scent is addictive and worth mention. It's a mouth-watering but refreshing minty vanilla-chocolate scent. It is not too sweet or cloying, but it reminds me of Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies. The scent lingers on my face for a couple of hours after taking the mask off, which I love.

I use this mask during breakouts and while it certainly doesn't make them worse, I don't know if this can really clear up your acne or not. But because it's so fun and refreshing to use first thing in the morning, I will continue to repurchase. This is one of my fave LUSH masks!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by alldressedup23

Lush Fresh Face Masks... I've heard so much hype about them! The fact that Lush opened in SG about 8 months ago definitely pushed me into testing these facial masks out. I was really into using all natural things and seeing that these were fresh face masks that were made with fresh ingredients I thought it would be a good way to kick start my skin care pampering a couple of months back. Little did I know I wouldn't like them as much as I thought I would.
...

read more on //

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

If I am not wrong this mask is supposed to cleanse the oily skin a prevent it from breakouts. I cannot really tell as these things are not my main concern. My t-zone is only oily at times and I rarely have spots. I bought it because of the looks and smell. It looks like wet soil and smells like chocolate. When I tried it, I liked having it on the skin and smelling the chocolate. She fun was over when I was about to wash it of… It gets off so badly! Spent like 15min rinsing it off and had to clean the sink and whole bathroom afterwards, it was everywhere!
Leaves a fresh and clean looking skin, the pores were smaller. The effect lasted not only for hours but for several days.
Again, as for other Lush fresh masks, the price and the fact that you have to use it very quickly made me not repurchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 3:17:00 AM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I caved in and bought this product due to many raves and reviews on Youtube. The first thing I noticed about this product is obviously the smell of it. Some say it's like cake batter, but to me, it smells like mint chocolate chip cookies because of the cocoa butter and spearmint oils in it. Second, the main clay ingredient is Rhassoul Clay, which is used in high-end spas and is supposedly the smoothest and most luxurious type of clay you can use. I can attest to this because I've tried Kaolin clays, Bentonite clays, and french green clays, and this is by far the nicest feeling clay I've come across. Now, because it's made fresh without any preservatives, I had to use it within 3 weeks of purchase. I actually used it up within a week before I went on vacation because I wanted my skin to look its best while I was away. So I used it everyday for a week, applying it with a foundation brush all over my face to the cleanest application. I kept this in my fridge and I must say, after a long day of work and school, this is a wonderful treat. I would keep it on for at least 20-30 mins and rinse and apply a basic moisturizer. After using this for a week, I can say that it has really unclogged my pores and made my face look and feel smoother. I actually look forward to putting this on at night! At about $7 USD, I definitely think it is worth a try. I will purchase it again a week prior to a big event for my skin to look and feel its best.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by halliesayshey

I bought Cupcake face mask simply because they were sold out of Catastrophe Cosmetic, a mask I had tried once before and loved. Thinking back, I have no idea why I bought Cupcake because my skin had been clear for a few months, so I didn't really need a face mask targeted for acne prone skin. I bought it anyways and as soon as I started using it I noticed that I was breaking out! Mostly little bumps, but also one big pimple on my cheek! The only reason I didn't give it 1 lippy was because I like the smell, but other than that, I will not be repurchasing this product. :(