October 31, 2014 | 936 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by PHM517

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mask. I am almost 30 but do have issues with acne. This really does help for me. I use it sometimes 3x a week doing a breakout and it helps take the acne down. It also feels very calming to my skin when it feels all hectic. I normally don't like chocolate scented things, but this smell is amazing of this mask!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by TheMoonBunny

I have sensitive, acne-prone combination skin. I've used this face mask about 3-4 times so far this year.

This face mask is designed to be used up to two times weekly maximum. If you use it more than that, you're just asking for trouble! The gals at Lush warned me of this when I bought it.

This feels great, seems to be deep cleaning, minimizes pores, and leaves my skin feeling silky smooth. Sometimes I break out in 1-2 pimples afterward, but I assume that's the mask doing its job as a deep cleanser; it's pulling out any gunk under the surface. I just dab some Grease Lightning on those pimples, and they're gone in a blink.

My biggest problem? I'll buy a pot of this for $6, use it one time, put it in the fridge, and then completely forget it's in there. So, I always end up wasting/throwing out the rest of it like 3 weeks later. This product is more of a "luxury" item for me and not a necessity for my skincare.

Did you know that Lush sells these at cost? They don't make a profit on them at all -- or at least that's what I've been told by the sales reps.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Kittea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, I have to be honest. I have no idea if this does anything super amazing for my skin, other than lightly exfoliating it and just making it feel comfortable. I don't suffer from too much acne, and though my skin is oily, I do not really expect a $7 mask to change that. But, this is such a treat to use, it smells so lovely! It doesn't irritate my skin, or break it out... It just makes it feel cool, and delicious. Great for pampering yourself while you're relaxing in a bath.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by sarahlilly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this product as the sales assistant recommended it was brilliant for acne prone skin. I had recently had a break out and was desperate to try anything to get rid of it. This mask smells amazing and goes on really nicely, and it feels lovely on your skin.
For the first few days I used it it actually did clear up my spots and reduced redness, however after about 4 applications my skin broke out horrifically. I have never had acne as bad in my life, and it was so bad I was almost embarrassed to go out! I've stopped using this mask and my skin has cleared up straight away. Definitely will not be using this product again, which is a shame because I love Lush and I love the smell!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by beachgal14

This is BY FAR, the best face mask I have ever tried! LUSH has really outdone themselves with Cupcake, it is simply the best one! I have very blemish prone skin with lots of scarring from old acne. This mask does not irritate or aggravate my skin in anyway. It calms my small little breakouts with easy and IT SMELLS DIVINE. A lot like minty- chocolate mixed with vanilla. I will be repurchasing THE DAY I finish the pot I am currently using!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by 5enya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my 3rd time using this product. Having acne prone skin i think its safe to say this product is the best thing ever ! It has dried all my blemishes, and my skin always feels super soft after using... and not to mention the amazing smell!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by alessandra009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff smells amazing, I almost wanted to eat it! But sadly it's the worst product ever used on my skin... :( I wanted it so badly to give me at least that "glow", but nothing...
I have mixed skin, with acne problems, especially before periods. I've got this thing as a sample in a store, so I can try it out, before buying it. Thanks God! Cause when I firstly used it, my skin was a little bit softier, but the very next day it was full of breakouts and my skin really didn't like it... I've tried so many face masks and never, really never, got so much breakouts after using it just once!
This made me doubt in other masks, but I think I'll give them a try, just need to left some time pass by...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by alienxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cupcake smells okay. Honestly, I don't really like the smell of chocolate but I bought it because it's supposed to be a "deep cleanse". I don't have much problems with skin but due to winter, irregular sleeping patterns and eating a lot of unhealthy food, my face has become a little more dry and less "glowy". Honestly, I feel like it doesn't do much to my skin; it still looks and feels the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw how many great reviews this has. I always have to peek into the LUSH store everytime I walk by-I love the smell of this. I onced used a similar chocolate/strawberry mask Freeman sample size and I liked it-but I find the cheaper masks do not work as effectively as this LUSH fresh face mask. The smell is invigorating. I put this all over my newly washed, dried face as directed. Wait 15 minutes or so (watch TV, etc), and wash it off with warm water and wash cloth gently massaging the mask off (your face cloth will be a brown color after this), and it's like magic-skin is instantly renewed, softened, and pores are less visible!! The effect last for a few days and it's time to do it again. For $7 dollars it'll last 3 weeks, 2-3 weekly. It's worth it. Your makeup will go on smoother and your skin will thank you.

EDIT: Gals if you have problems with oil control this is for you. I'm totally serious-this stuff will really help with oil-control. It minimizes pore sizes and smooths your skin. I barely have to wear any foundation just mineral powder and my skin is radiant. I work 5 days/week very stressfull job wreaks havoc on my skin-I was beginning to get bumps and breakouts from work and I was putting more and more makeup to cover up but this mask saved me. Now my irritation from breakouts are calmed, I use it every other day or I'll skip two days inbetween-wonderful. Especially around my hairline and chin and nose (oily part), reddness around my mouth and nose this stuff works!

EDIT: absolutely glorious face mask-you can definitely get six uses out of one tub. Please slather this mask on-don't skimp on it the more the better-I usually leave it on for 30 minutes then I hop in the shower and wash off. It's all natural ingredient won't harm the environment. Hooray! Absolutely love it, I was debating on trying the other Lush mask but I think I love this one so much I'm afraid the others won't match up. :-D

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Lakkert

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells realyy good, like freshly baked chocolate cake. The product itself is very nice, a pot (the short, black ones) lasted me for 4 masks. It did not do anything with my acne but it made my pores less visible and my face less oily. For the price and condsidering animal testing and the ingridients this is a nice mask, but i would not repurchase as i have other products that i prefer.