September 24, 2014 | 1497 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Kittea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, I have to be honest. I have no idea if this does anything super amazing for my skin, other than lightly exfoliating it and just making it feel comfortable. I don't suffer from too much acne, and though my skin is oily, I do not really expect a $7 mask to change that. But, this is such a treat to use, it smells so lovely! It doesn't irritate my skin, or break it out... It just makes it feel cool, and delicious. Great for pampering yourself while you're relaxing in a bath.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by sarahlilly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this product as the sales assistant recommended it was brilliant for acne prone skin. I had recently had a break out and was desperate to try anything to get rid of it. This mask smells amazing and goes on really nicely, and it feels lovely on your skin.
For the first few days I used it it actually did clear up my spots and reduced redness, however after about 4 applications my skin broke out horrifically. I have never had acne as bad in my life, and it was so bad I was almost embarrassed to go out! I've stopped using this mask and my skin has cleared up straight away. Definitely will not be using this product again, which is a shame because I love Lush and I love the smell!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by beachgal14

This is BY FAR, the best face mask I have ever tried! LUSH has really outdone themselves with Cupcake, it is simply the best one! I have very blemish prone skin with lots of scarring from old acne. This mask does not irritate or aggravate my skin in anyway. It calms my small little breakouts with easy and IT SMELLS DIVINE. A lot like minty- chocolate mixed with vanilla. I will be repurchasing THE DAY I finish the pot I am currently using!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by 5enya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my 3rd time using this product. Having acne prone skin i think its safe to say this product is the best thing ever ! It has dried all my blemishes, and my skin always feels super soft after using... and not to mention the amazing smell!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by alessandra009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff smells amazing, I almost wanted to eat it! But sadly it's the worst product ever used on my skin... :( I wanted it so badly to give me at least that "glow", but nothing...
I have mixed skin, with acne problems, especially before periods. I've got this thing as a sample in a store, so I can try it out, before buying it. Thanks God! Cause when I firstly used it, my skin was a little bit softier, but the very next day it was full of breakouts and my skin really didn't like it... I've tried so many face masks and never, really never, got so much breakouts after using it just once!
This made me doubt in other masks, but I think I'll give them a try, just need to left some time pass by...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by alienxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cupcake smells okay. Honestly, I don't really like the smell of chocolate but I bought it because it's supposed to be a "deep cleanse". I don't have much problems with skin but due to winter, irregular sleeping patterns and eating a lot of unhealthy food, my face has become a little more dry and less "glowy". Honestly, I feel like it doesn't do much to my skin; it still looks and feels the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw how many great reviews this has. I always have to peek into the LUSH store everytime I walk by-I love the smell of this. I onced used a similar chocolate/strawberry mask Freeman sample size and I liked it-but I find the cheaper masks do not work as effectively as this LUSH fresh face mask. The smell is invigorating. I put this all over my newly washed, dried face as directed. Wait 15 minutes or so (watch TV, etc), and wash it off with warm water and wash cloth gently massaging the mask off (your face cloth will be a brown color after this), and it's like magic-skin is instantly renewed, softened, and pores are less visible!! The effect last for a few days and it's time to do it again. For $7 dollars it'll last 3 weeks, 2-3 weekly. It's worth it. Your makeup will go on smoother and your skin will thank you.

EDIT: Gals if you have problems with oil control this is for you. I'm totally serious-this stuff will really help with oil-control. It minimizes pore sizes and smooths your skin. I barely have to wear any foundation just mineral powder and my skin is radiant. I work 5 days/week very stressfull job wreaks havoc on my skin-I was beginning to get bumps and breakouts from work and I was putting more and more makeup to cover up but this mask saved me. Now my irritation from breakouts are calmed, I use it every other day or I'll skip two days inbetween-wonderful. Especially around my hairline and chin and nose (oily part), reddness around my mouth and nose this stuff works!

EDIT: absolutely glorious face mask-you can definitely get six uses out of one tub. Please slather this mask on-don't skimp on it the more the better-I usually leave it on for 30 minutes then I hop in the shower and wash off. It's all natural ingredient won't harm the environment. Hooray! Absolutely love it, I was debating on trying the other Lush mask but I think I love this one so much I'm afraid the others won't match up. :-D

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Lakkert

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells realyy good, like freshly baked chocolate cake. The product itself is very nice, a pot (the short, black ones) lasted me for 4 masks. It did not do anything with my acne but it made my pores less visible and my face less oily. For the price and condsidering animal testing and the ingridients this is a nice mask, but i would not repurchase as i have other products that i prefer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by CCatena

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have bought this a few times and love this mask which I share with my 21 year old. It smells great, I have never had a problem washing it off, but admit it definitely lingered on a white wash cloth. It feels great cold on warm skin. I can't say it helped my skin, but I didn't break out from it. Sometimes I use it i the t zone and another mask like bbseaweed on my dry spots. But I love the indulgence of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this mask. It smells amazing and I'd never used rhassoul clay before, it's very luxurious. After using the mask, my skin is perfectly smooth for makeup application, so I'd use it in the morning.
However, after using it every other day for a while, I noticed that I was starting to break out in odd places where I don't usually get pimples, and I think this mask is the culprit. I'm not sure what ingredient did it, but I can't use this anymore and it makes me very sad. I'll stick with Cosmetic Warrior instead.
I put "yes" for buy this again because it really seems like a nice product if you're concerned with oil and have resilient and relatively pimple-free skin, so I'd recommend it for someone to try.